EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

For me, EZD2 syncs up. I don't have mulab though.

What I do is audition clips and then drop them into the arranger w/o dropping the midi clips into the host all the time. Again though, I have studio one and live.

If I'm still not explaining it right, tell me exactly what you'd like me to experiment with and I'll check it out.

hibidy wrote:For me, EZD2 syncs up. I don't have mulab though.

What I do is audition clips and then drop them into the arranger w/o dropping the midi clips into the host all the time. Again though, I have studio one and live.

If I'm still not explaining it right, tell me exactly what you'd like me to experiment with and I'll check it out.

Thanks Hibs. Let me ask you -- do you have Sonar X3, and if so, have you tired EZD2 in it? I'm moving away from Studio One.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Whoa, I just found out there is a demo for EZD2. Doh, didn't realise that... I'll try it out myself. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time ....

Have fun!

lingyai wrote:I'm moving away from Studio One.
Just out of curiosity, what are you liking better about Sonar than Studio One? I've been using S1 for a while now, not unhappy in general, not completely blown away by it either. There's a stupid cheap sale on the basic version of Sonar now, was thinking about checking it out. Downside is my lack of time and brainspace to give it a proper run. Interested in your thoughts.

dwozzle wrote:
lingyai wrote:I'm moving away from Studio One.
Just out of curiosity, what are you liking better about Sonar than Studio One? I've been using S1 for a while now, not unhappy in general, not completely blown away by it either. There's a stupid cheap sale on the basic version of Sonar now, was thinking about checking it out. Downside is my lack of time and brainspace to give it a proper run. Interested in your thoughts.
First and foremost, for some reason, S1 and my PC ( a relatively new W7 laptop with an i7 CPU and 16 GB RAM) just don't get along. S1 is very crashy -- I know this is in contrast to its general reputation for stability, but ultimately I'm only concerned about what happens on my setup, and crash it does, a lot; Kontakt in particular seems to upset it, which is a big drag as that is a mainstay for me. Also mysterious things, like major problems getting it to recognize, every time I launch it, a Novation keyboard which works fine with other DAWs. The lack of a midi list editor is also a drawback for me.

I can't yet review Sonar X3 for you, as I bought it recently on sale but have not had time to mess with it yet, so you can say I bought it as a leap of faith.

Meanwhile, if I want to just make some music, nothing too ambitious, I use MULab, which I actually like a lot, but lacks some important features (like Melodyne integration, a staff view and others) which will keep it from being my main DAW.

I do sort of dread the Sonar learning curve -- the last version I used was v2 -- but such is life.

Truth be told, if Acid 7 Pro were 64 bit, and not abandoned by Sony, I'd still be using that.

Crashy is not good. For me it's just the opposite (though I haven't upgraded to X3)

Yeah, computers.......strange animals to be sure!

Thanks for your reply lingyai, appreciate it.

The Sonar promo is so cheap, it's almost a why not, but I'm feeling super over-extended right now. There are other promos I want to grab before they're gone, plus some really major house and family expenses. And there's the time and learning curve thing too. We'll see.

I tried the demo for X3; it only sees the left side (odd numbered) inputs and outputs on my audio device, RME Fireface 800. Never seen THAT before :? :lol:

Significant update released today, will have a play later.

buggar, EDIT

I noticed a blurb about how new expansions would require 2.02........excited about that!

hibidy wrote:Significant update released today, will have a play later.
How did you find out about that? The news section here? I don't see any place on their site to subscribe to update notifications, and I didn't get one.

dwozzle wrote:
hibidy wrote:Significant update released today, will have a play later.
How did you find out about that? The news section here? I don't see any place on their site to subscribe to update notifications, and I didn't get one.
It's here on the site. I don't know how to link to a specific section but under "news" it is listed.

Thanks, guess I need to check there more often. I would have thought Toontrack would have a more official channel to announce updates.

Last edited by hibidy on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm

http://www.toontrack.com/product/reggae-ezx/

I'll check it out later, but I'm skeptical it would be anything that I regularly use.

Edit/I just listened to the examples and have absolutely no use for this whatsoever.
What's the point of your post?

If you "have absolutely no use for this whatsoever" because of personal preferences, say, like you hate reggae, what's it to do with us?

If you "have absolutely no use for this whatsoever" because of, say, a perceived lack of reggae feeling in the product or poorly recorded drums – why not specify your criticism for the benefit of others?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”