IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If there were specific factory instruments or presets, etc that had issues in your import process please let me know what they were (if you've documented them, of course). I can have the team look directly at these in these cases.
Okay, here it might not be quite what it seems. On checking with ST2.5 itself, the presets flagging errors when imported into ST3 arent quite working there either.

Im getting errors with the these

IK SonikSynth2
SonikSynth2\I Elements B\G Groove Elements\130BPM_ailing.sti - which doesnt show up in the ST2.5 browser

eSoundz Rare Instruments - Electronic
Rare Instruments - Electronic\Rare Keys\KG KE Organ\KG B3 jt-organ-kg.sti - .stw sample missing so wont load in ST2.5
Rare Instruments - Electronic\Rare Keys\KG KE Organ\JT Organ-kg_fx.stip - .stw sample missing so wont load in ST2.5
Rare Instruments - Electronic\Rare Keys\KG KE Organ\JT Rogan-kg_Rev.stip - .stw sample missing so wont load in ST2.5

Ive checked the original downloaded versions of these I have and Im not missing anything. But these errors arent with the ST3 import process, so false alarm here.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The Sonik Synth one is corrupted, and should be removed. At least that is what I was told.
Last edited by Bombadil on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

whyterabbyt wrote:Ive had some errors in SonikSynth2 and Rare Instruments - Electronic so far, I'll retest them with clean installs of the libraries.
+1

I had system-crashing errors importing these libraries:

Studiophonik (Sonic Reality)
SampleTank Rare Vintage Collection vol. 1 and 2 (Sonic Reality)
Up-tempo Electronica
Sonik Synth 2 (some parts)

Whenever there was an import error, my system would completely freeze up (lock the audio) forcing me to reboot. I ended up removing the offending items in each library and re-initiating the process. For the "Up-tempo" library, I just gave up trying to import it :shrug:

For some libraries--can't remember them all right now--the import would complete, with errors, and display whatever was not imported (a much better solution imo!)

Fwiw, the import feature, even though it is primitive and tedious to work with, is better than I expected. I am impressed that at least most of my libraries imported successfully. I did notice that you can move and rename files/folders in Windows Explorer--not sure about "Finder" on the MAC though--and hit refresh inside of ST3 to modify the naming and order of items.

R
Last edited by blueman on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bombadil wrote:Peter, can you customize the key-switches to wherever you want them? I don't have an 88 key controller.
one idea (which i intend to try ) is to use a 2nd 2-octave controller for keyswitches. you can get them pretty cheaply

Bombadil wrote:l after only installing the first zip, though, which, as Peter said, defines the file structure for the Legacy instruments.
Thanks! That's interesting. I had the first two parts installed (so the directory structure was in place). Import failed. IKM's support told me that is because :
This is occurring because you haven't installed the SampleTank 3 sounds yet. This will create the necessary directory so that your libraries can install correctly.

Please be sure to download and install the SampleTank 3 sounds first.
I cannot test it at the moment, that's why i asked.

A few pages back i described my problem also here :

ST3 import stops, I get the boost::filesystem::remove error, but the directory is definitly there (see bellow) and procmon shows that ST3 is unable to remove its temp directory because it's not empty...

"09:57:29.0899163","SampleTank 3.exe","296","SetDispositionInformationFile","D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Samples\SampleMoog\1970 Minimoog\temp","NOT EMPTY","Delete: True"

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Peter, can you customize the key-switches to wherever you want them? I don't have an 88 key controller.
one idea (which i intend to try ) is to use a 2nd 2-octave controller for keyswitches. you can get them pretty cheaply
lol. I am primarily a guitarist and almost a complete midiot. Someone would have to walk me through that to get it right. :help:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

blueman wrote:Whenever there was an import error, my system would completely freeze up (lock the audio) forcing me to reboot. I ended up removing the offending items in each library and re-initiating the process; except, for the "Up-tempo" library, I just gave up trying to import it :shrug:

Some other libraries--can't remember them all right now--the import would complete, with errors, and display whatever was not imported (a much better solution imo!)
I only had the latter, but what it did was drop me back to the Import dialogue. So basically it would look as the import had failed, but actually, the stuff that worked had in fact been copied/translated and would actually get picked up on the next database rebuild.
Fwiw, the import feature, even though it is primitive and tedious to work with, is better than I expected. I am impressed that at least most of my libraries imported successfully. I did notice that you can move and rename files/folders in Windows Explorer--not sure about "Finder" on the MAC though--and hit refresh inside of ST3 to modify the naming and order of items.
:dog: never thought of moving the folders. Is it just the Instruments which can be moved, ie do the samples need to be left inside their original folder within 'Importeded Samples' or do they need to be moved in parallel?

Bombadil wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
lol. I am primarily a guitarist and almost a complete midiot. Someone would have to walk me through that to get it right. :help:
should be simply a case of connecting another usb keyboard, and lowering the octaves to represent c0-c whatever. then your main keyboard will stay in your normal ranges

i don't know that it works yet, but it is what i am hoping for myself

whyterabbyt wrote:Is it just the Instruments which can be moved, ie do the samples need to be left inside their original folder within 'Importeded Samples' or do they need to be moved in parallel?
I'm not completely certain. I simply renamed and moved a couple of things within the same directory.

Bombadil wrote:The Sonik Synth one is corrupted, and should be removed. At least that is what I was told.
Yeah, that makes sense, it isnt working in ST2.5 either.

For the one in Rare Instruments - Electronic, it looks like the sample

...\Rare Instruments - Electronic\Rare Keys\KG KE OrganKG jt-organ-kg.stw

might correlate to the missing sample, so duplicating it and renaming it to

KG B3 jt-organ-kg.stw

will work.

Peter;
FWIW, Ive had one more import error, and this time I it does seem to work in ST2.5

Blues Grooves\100 Blues Loops 1\100_No_Hat_Shffl_Fill2.sti

blueman wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Is it just the Instruments which can be moved, ie do the samples need to be left inside their original folder within 'Importeded Samples' or do they need to be moved in parallel?
I'm not completely certain. I simply renamed and moved a couple of things within the same directory.
Right-o. I'll give it a try later, been at this a couple of hours now, so somewhat fried with it.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Bombadil wrote:The Sonik Synth one is corrupted, and should be removed. At least that is what I was told.
Yeah, that makes sense, it isnt working in ST2.5 either.

For the one in Rare Instruments - Electronic, it looks like the sample

...\Rare Instruments - Electronic\Rare Keys\KG KE OrganKG jt-organ-kg.stw

might correlate to the missing sample, so duplicating it and renaming it to

KG B3 jt-organ-kg.stw

will work.

Peter;
FWIW, Ive had one more import error, and this time I it does seem to work in ST2.5

Blues Grooves\100 Blues Loops 1\100_No_Hat_Shffl_Fill2.sti
Confirmed for both, here. The second file is really missing, but it does work in ST2.5 A couple for Allen at eSoundz - I'll send them to him
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I did discover a weird quirk about the import process.

I own Vintage Voltage (one of the old titles out for Sampletank 2 back when it was first released). I tried to import it and it was completely ignored. It found no sounds and then went straight to rebuilding the database.

I was puzzled because all other imports worked fine (with an occasional error as noted above about specific sounds).

Then I noticed that the file extensions (.stw, .sth, sti) in the Vintage Voltage sounds were capitalized. I used Windows command line to batch change them to lowercase, and it imported without a hitch.

Weird, huh?

Thanks for all of the specifics about the imports of certain libraries. I have forwarded this information and I really appreciate it. Thank you all again.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It would also be great to have it only rescan the newly-added elements, which I believe is what we're targeting as a solution at the moment. PM and Development are aware and it is on the list.

If there were specific factory instruments or presets, etc that had issues in your import process please let me know what they were (if you've documented them, of course). I can have the team look directly at these in these cases.

Thank you.
Great... That is my only complaint thus far... It sure kills the creative spirit to sit there and wait for the database to be rebuilt every time you add sounds..

Return to “Instruments”