IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

@songshark - no, it was not any reference to you or even inferring you were the problem with the installation.

Just a generic statement due to my experiences with other humans and my own inabilities at times to fully comprehend a process. And, as stated, an attempt to be fair. It's not all IKM's fault IMHO. (And to be fair - some of it is).

My experiences, one instance related, has taught me that sometimes we think we know what we are doing when, in fact, we often do not.

I think it would be very unfair of me to say you are the issue when I don't know you and have no idea what your processes are. I'm not that sort of person as you will come to learn about me.

HTH helps to set things straight. Sorry if you may have misunderstood.

And I hope you get the software sorted soon so you can use what you bought :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Not sure if it applies to STank3 as it did STank2 but a suggestion I could make in regarding installs and re-installs is to copy the disks and updates to a folder on your hard drive. It still takes the initial time as before with the first time. But when I went through the process of having to completely uninstall, reboot and re-install, doing the re-install from hard drive cut the installation time almost by half.

Sorry I can't offer anything else as these 64b IKs eventually never worked (I was able to get about 7 out of the 20+ effects to work in the DAW only but never more than that and STank3 did open and only crashed on trying to load an instrument within it.) Support's final solution was to offer me no transfer fees on selling it, (which they ended up taking from my JAM points anyway).

I am keeping an eye on your situation though; in hopes they finally figure out what they have missed that seems to be having this effect they cannot any longer consider as a single event anomaly.

D Midas wrote: Shouldn't you be busy making music with reason 8 and komplete ultimate 10?
currently... i am busy with Reason 7 and Komplete Ultimate 9...

Reason 8 will be released on Sept 30, 2014 and Komplete Ultimate 10 is Oct 1, 2014... i am pretty sure next week this time... i will be busy with Reason 8 and Komplete Ultimate 10 should be in the mail by that time...
God knows you bought them.
you are giving me more credit than i deserve here... in other words... no need to lie... but then again... $520 could be "a lot" of money to you... for me... those two upgrades are worth it... YMMV!!! :-)

WOW!!!!
yea... WOW!!!

:tu:

i forgot to add... this young people are something else... $520 for software upgrades is not a lot of money... i remember paying $1800 for my MPC2000 with 8 out and 32 mb of ram when they came out...

There are new sounds for SampleTank Free released today: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3free/

So now there is a third edition of STank 3, the SE version that ships with the new iPad controller

It says on the page that it is worth $100, but it is not sold separatly?
you can take advantage of the included SampleTank 3 SE — soon to be available as a download from the IK user area. It lets you get creative with a fully featured version of IK’s next generation sound and groove workstation with 6.5 GB of content, for over 400 instruments and 150 MIDI patterns

Ok, can anyone tell me what is wrong with the legato on sample tank ? :D it just sounds so false. Is it a bug?

https://copy.com/Qhvi1fEBY7hyCKzd legato

https://copy.com/RuQEeHWv7aWnwNNC no legato

themachinelt wrote:Ok, can anyone tell me what is wrong with the legato on sample tank ? :D it just sounds so false. Is it a bug?

https://copy.com/Qhvi1fEBY7hyCKzd legato

https://copy.com/RuQEeHWv7aWnwNNC no legato
Also let our support team know, they can look into it for you too: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you!

themachinelt wrote:Thank you!
No problem.

Our friend Chris Domingo did some audio demos with SampleTank 3 recently, for those interested:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3 ... t3-domingo

Supports user sample import as well as the use of legacy Powered-by-SampleTank libraries

so, either ikmultimedia are the kind of company that has no roadmap, acts upon chance (oh, and just managed to knock up a version of stank that is not bloated, AND allows legacy libraries), or you have just been spinning us a load of bullshit about nothing been really planned yet.

i'm guessing all boxed versions are pretty much delivered, and not refundable, hence this sudden appearance. had you announced this at the start, and it been subject to an introductory offer relative to the other products, then you know that many people would have just grabbed the cheaper option for the 64-bit compatibility

i'd be upset, were it not so predictable

BBFG# wrote:Not sure if it applies to STank3 as it did STank2 but a suggestion I could make in regarding installs and re-installs is to copy the disks and updates to a folder on your hard drive. It still takes the initial time as before with the first time. But when I went through the process of having to completely uninstall, reboot and re-install, doing the re-install from hard drive cut the installation time almost by half.

Sorry I can't offer anything else as these 64b IKs eventually never worked (I was able to get about 7 out of the 20+ effects to work in the DAW only but never more than that and STank3 did open and only crashed on trying to load an instrument within it.) Support's final solution was to offer me no transfer fees on selling it, (which they ended up taking from my JAM points anyway).

I am keeping an eye on your situation though; in hopes they finally figure out what they have missed that seems to be having this effect they cannot any longer consider as a single event anomaly.
why didn't they give you a refund :roll:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Supports user sample import as well as the use of legacy Powered-by-SampleTank libraries

so, either ikmultimedia are the kind of company that has no roadmap, acts upon chance (oh, and just managed to knock up a version of stank that is not bloated, AND allows legacy libraries), or you have just been spinning us a load of bullshit about nothing been really planned yet.

i'm guessing all boxed versions are pretty much delivered, and not refundable, hence this sudden appearance. had you announced this at the start, and it been subject to an introductory offer relative to the other products, then you know that many people would have just grabbed the cheaper option for the 64-bit compatibility

:lol:
what's going on in this thread?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

the usual pantomime :)
looking forward to the $20 group buy. :party:

mysticvibes wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Supports user sample import as well as the use of legacy Powered-by-SampleTank libraries

:lol:
what's going on in this thread?
same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvM6TxUnCDE

Return to “Instruments”