IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:i cancelled my order...
Now THAT'S something I never properly thanked you for.
no need for a "thank you" for that...

to be honest... i cant imagine using my roll over minutes calling Sweetwater in the first place for ST 3...

but i do "thank you" for the delay(s)... without that... more than likely i would own ST 3... and that would have been a waste... because... i did upgrade to Reason 7/8 and K10U... and "in my opinion"... better products and company... again... that is "my opinion"!!!

i guess a win/win for both of us...

right? maybe?

enjoy!!!

:tu:
Last edited by neverenoughfunk on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That... was beneath you Peter.
And to me,
is more disappointing than the fact that STank3 doesn't work on certain 'power' computers.

BBFG# wrote:

That... was beneath you Peter.
And to me,
is more disappointing than the fact that STank3 doesn't work on certain 'power' computers.
no!!! it is not... it is expected!!!

i would not expect that from Propellerheads or Native Instruments... that is why i rather purchase their products... but ik multimedia has a track record on being disrespectful to their customer base... or better yet... ex-customer base...

classy company

donato wrote:classy company
YEA!!! WORLD CLASS!!! :clap:

Ok we know you upgraded Reason and bought Komplete 10. :P

Lee702 wrote:Ok we know you upgraded Reason and bought Komplete 10. :P

just making sure "YOU" knew!!!! :P

OK? :P

Last edited by neverenoughfunk on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post!!!!

The boxed version has definitely been sent out by both us and dealers and has landed on many a doorstep recently. If you have received yours yet, these should be arriving soon (or let me know and I'll look into it):

I just installed from the boxed upgrade version, updated the current version from the website, and still can't get the Legacy Import function to work, despite following the directions on IK's video.

I'm getting the conversion error: boost::filesystem::create directories.

This despite the fact that Sampletank 3 seems to have built all it's own directories/database just fine.

Peter, I've opened a support ticket, and have had several exchanges with the support person and I seem to be making little progress -- I've found it rather frustrating. I'll PM you the ticket number and I would be grateful if you would have a look and see what I mean and see if you can help. Thanks in advance to you -- or anyone who can tell me what I need to do to solve this.

Does this help?
From http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=8546

"Boost::filesystem::create_directories" error message?
Make sure you at least install part 1 of the SampleTank 3 sound library. Covered in this FAQ too: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3646
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

songshark wrote:I just installed from the boxed upgrade version, updated the current version from the website, and still can't get the Legacy Import function to work, despite following the directions on IK's video.

This despite the fact that Sampletank 3 seems to have built all it's own directories/database just fine.

Peter, I've opened a support ticket, and have had several exchanges with the support person and I seem to be making little progress -- I've found it rather frustrating. I'll PM you the ticket number and I would be grateful if you would have a look and see what I mean and see if you can help. Thanks in advance to you -- or anyone who can tell me what I need to do to solve this.
one would think installation issues would be solved by the time the box version was delivered... i guess beta testing is still going on...

WOW!!!!

Well, in an attempt to be fair, user error more often than not is the culprit. ;)

Short story - I once had an employee screaming at me while banging the keyboard repetitively "IT WON"T WORK! IT WON'T WORK".

I looked over at him and smiled and said, very calmly I might add, "Turn it on Jason. Turn it on."

True story ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Last edited by dsan@mail.com on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

neverenoughfunk wrote:
songshark wrote:I just installed from the boxed upgrade version, updated the current version from the website, and still can't get the Legacy Import function to work, despite following the directions on IK's video.

one would think installation issues would be solved by the time the box version was delivered... i guess beta testing is still going on...

WOW!!!!

Shouldn't you be busy making music with reason 8 and komplete ultimate 10? God knows you bought them.

WOW!!!!
I'm Kinda a big Deal

Dsan: if that was referencing me, of course human error is always a possibility -- but I'm an experienced software user, have installed probably over 100 programs in the last few months alone, and believe I followed all installation instructions explicitly -- including IK's video re: Legacy Imports.

Darkstar: Thank you for the links. Unfortunately, since I installed from the factory boxed DVDs, I do have part 1 installed, so that would not likely seem the issue -- as confirmed by support. And I'd like to avoid reinstalling unless absolutely necessary because it took so long But I appreciate your effort -- thank you.

For the public record, Peter responded to my PM INSTANTLY and courteously-- and as a result of his intervention, I then heard immediately from support with some troubleshooting steps to try -- which I'll do the next time I'm in my studio. Thank you, Peter!

Return to “Instruments”