Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Ingonator wrote: Hi,
this was already reported by one of the testers at the official Waldorf bug database. I could confirm this here too. Anyway i found this only seems to happen when the Amp envelope Decay is set to maximum, like in e.g. Instrument 22 at the 808 kit (and same for instruments 23 + 24). If you reduce the Amp envelope Decay the issue does not seem to happen
Ok, thanks Ingo. True also that it only happens with the Amp Decay set at max. Dropping it even one step will prevent it from happening.

EvilDragon wrote:A "must have"? I wouldn't quite agree. A "must have" is adding defineable controllers W, X, Y, Z.
This is an old thread, but it bears mention. When I wrote Waldorf they wrote back and pretended to not know what I was talking about. Those controllers don't anything. Overall I must say that KVR's Ingo is about a million times more helpful when it comes to the Waldorf support (and other synths) than Waldorf themselves. I hope others have a better support experience with them. I don't think they've actually helped me a single time I've written them, and usually seemed a bit short and, well, irritated.
Ha ha suck it!

Ingonator wrote:
lalo wrote:I tried to create my own location but my patches does not load automatically. I have to explicitly load when i re-open the song. Very uncomfortable IMHO
I guess i maybe found a problem now but i have to do some more tests.

So far It looks like when re-loading a saved project the GUI shows the values for my own patch i saved with the project but seems to play another one patch which seems to be the factory preset that was stored at the same location. When switching patches to the next and back it seems to be correct again. This also seems to happen with my own patch in the default user library location.

If i save a factory preset with the project it seems to load properly so this seems to be a problem related to user presets.

I'll have to check this further and try to prepare a proper bug report for the developer.

UPDATE:
The bug as reported above seems to happen with Reaper 64-bit (on Windows 7 64-bit) but not with Live 9.1.2 64-bit which is my main host.

Ingo
Ingo,

Apologies for necro-bumping this post.

I purchased Largo this week and am having this exact issue using the 64 VST within Maschine 2.3 on OS X 10.10.3

I have created a custom mapping template within Maschine for Largo, saved the 'Init Program' patch as 001 (within Largo) and then saved saved this template as 'Instrument Preset' within Maschine.

On recall the Machine preset the 'Init Program' plays the original patch in the 001 position ('Atmorph T') and not the 'Init' sound that Largo displays as being there.

If I cursor to the next patch (002) and then back to the 'Init Patch' it plays correctly.

(This issue also occurs when saving and recalling a Machine project, which would be a nightmare with multiple versions of Largo not recalling properly!).

I have found similar reports of this exact issue in other DAWS when Googling... (and this is how I found your post here) and was wondering if it got fixed?

[ For what it's worth I am not seeing this issue in Ableton Live 9.2b12 (using the VST) or the latest version of Logic Pro X (using the AU) ]

Would be great if this could be reported to Waldorf and looked into. Am happy to help test any fixes my end.

Cheers,

Alan

taoyoyo wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
lalo wrote:I tried to create my own location but my patches does not load automatically. I have to explicitly load when i re-open the song. Very uncomfortable IMHO
I guess i maybe found a problem now but i have to do some more tests.

So far It looks like when re-loading a saved project the GUI shows the values for my own patch i saved with the project but seems to play another one patch which seems to be the factory preset that was stored at the same location. When switching patches to the next and back it seems to be correct again. This also seems to happen with my own patch in the default user library location.

If i save a factory preset with the project it seems to load properly so this seems to be a problem related to user presets.

I'll have to check this further and try to prepare a proper bug report for the developer.

UPDATE:
The bug as reported above seems to happen with Reaper 64-bit (on Windows 7 64-bit) but not with Live 9.1.2 64-bit which is my main host.

Ingo
Ingo,

I purchased Largo this week and am having this exact issue using the 64 VST within Maschine 2.3 on OS X 10.10.3

I have created a custom mapping template within Maschine for Largo, saved the 'Init Program' patch as 001 (within Largo) and then saved saved this template as 'Instrument Preset' within Maschine.

On recall the Machine preset the 'Init Program' plays the original patch in the 001 position ('Atmorph T') and not the 'Init' sound that Largo displays as being there.

If I cursor to the next patch (002) and then back to the 'Init Patch' it plays correctly.

(This issue also occurs when saving and recalling a Machine project, which would be a nightmare with multiple versions of Largo not recalling properly!).

I have found similar reports of this exact issue in other DAWS when Googling... (and this is how I found your post here) and was wondering if it got fixed?

[ For what it's worth I am not seeing this issue in Ableton Live 9.2b12 (using the VST) or the latest version of Logic Pro X (using the AU) ]

Would be great if this could be reported to Waldorf and looked into. Am happy to help test any fixes my end.

Cheers,

Alan
Hi,

i am a Betateser at Waldorf since some years now.

So to sum up is it correct that you only notice the problem with NI Machine in OSX 10.10.3 and not with VST in Live or the AU Logic?

I am on Windows 7 64-bit and do not own NI Machine myself so i could not test on Windows. Is there a demo of Machine? Will also try to check for that myself.

I am very sure that Machine is not a standard host for testing purposes at Waldorf. Standard hosts AFAIK include e.g. Cubase Pro 8 (and sometimes earlier versions), Live 9, Studio One 2.6 (and maybe also v3 now), Bitwig Studio, Logic Pro X, Reaper 4.78 and Pro Tools 11 (now maybe also v12).
I got those here except Logic as i am not on a Mac.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:

Cheers,

Alan
Hi,

i am a Betateser at Waldorf since some years now.

So to sum up is it correct that you only notice the problem with NI Machine in OSX 10.10.3 and not with VST in Live or the AU Logic?

I am on Windows 7 64-bit and do not own NI Machine myself so i could not test on Windows. Is there a demo of Machine? Will also try to check for that myself.

I am very sure that Machine is not a standard host for testing purposes at Waldorf. Standard hosts AFAIK include e.g. Cubase Pro 8 (and sometimes earlier versions), Live 9, Studio One 2.6 (and maybe also v3 now), Bitwig Studio, Logic Pro X, Reaper 4.78 and Pro Tools 11 (now maybe also v12).
I got those here except Logic as i am not on a Mac.
Hey Ingo,

Thanks for your reply... if I'm correct you're also the Waldorf 'communicator' around these parts (and run the Beta forum)?

You are correct, the issue is only occurring for me within Machine 2.3 (Live VST, Logic AU *and* PT11 AAX working as expected) on 10.10.3 (OS X).

I do not believe there is a Machine 2 Demo but I would imagine if your guys talk to their guys you could get a test license?

Cheers,

Alan

Ingonator wrote:
chk071 wrote:
EnGee wrote:
EnGee wrote:
chk071 wrote:Not that i know much about it, but yes, his papers about the Roland supersaw got indeed published: http://www.nada.kth.se/utbildning/grukt ... _10131.pdf I guess that it has been used as a base for other stuff. At least that would be much easier than doing the research yourself.

Started to read the paper myself today, great read and very informative, even for people who don't like supersaws. :P
Oh thank you :) I will read soon.
It is a very interesting research in spite of me not being a fan of supersaw or trance, but I don't dislike it. I hear it sometimes and this research made me curious to test what I have from synths. I doubt I have something can produce it. Retrologue has stacked oscillators but I thought it is like an old Jupiter 8 from the 80's? I have no idea really. Oh I have Sunrizer, I will check that and see.
Tbh i don't know why the supersaw always seems to be identified with trance or EDM. You can hear it in every second pop, chillout or ambient track too. Maybe the people just don't realize it when there's a filter on it, or it's being used as a pad sound. :P I would even go as far as to say that it's one of the most used sound in any kind of electronic music. It's literally everywhere as far as i'm concerned.
Indeed there is much more about Supersaw/Hypersaw than just Trance and/or Techno sounds. Great for soem really big pad souds and other stuff...
Hi,

yes i was indeed teh "Beta Forum manager" until recently and still closely related to Waldorf. Anyway everyone at Waldorf currently seems to focus on teh hardwrae mostly, both for new products and updates of existing ones. Waldorf also just released Attack for iOS/iPad. Opposing to Nave for iOS this seemed to be done without help of TemoRubato.

Further updates for the plugins seemed to be planned later while i try to collect bug reports like yours.

At the moment while i still use the plugins (mostly Nave at the moment) i do focus more on the hardware too which includes Waldorf Blofeld, Pulse 2 and since last week also a Streichfett String synth.

Concerning NI Machine the most important is that developer for the plugin updates has NI Machine so that he could reproduce the issue.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Hi,

yes i was indeed teh "Beta Forum manager" until recently and still closely related to Waldorf. Anyway everyone at Waldorf currently seems to focus on teh hardwrae mostly, both for new products and updates of existing ones. Waldorf also just released Attack for iOS/iPad. Opposing to Nave for iOS this seemed to be done without help of TemoRubato.

Further updates for the plugins seemed to be planned later while i try to collect bug reports like yours.

At the moment while i still use the plugins (mostly Nave at the moment) i do focus more on the hardware too which includes Waldorf Blofeld, Pulse 2 and since last week also a Streichfett String synth.

Concerning NI Machine the most important is that developer for the plugin updates has NI Machine so that he could reproduce the issue.
Hi Ingo,

Thanks for the info.

I have also passed on the bug information to NI. Fingers crossed that between them the problem can be sorted.

Cheers,

Alan

Just a heads up to potential buyers who use Bitwig, but PPG Wave 3.v & Waldorf Edition 2 like to crash a lot on the OSX version. Not sure what's going on but just by tweaking a few parameters while bitwig is playing back in arrange mode will cause the entire audio engine to crash randomly. It's almost even hard to reproduce because it seems to happen so spontaneously. I never had this happen with any of my other plugins, so I think the culprit is the waldorf plugins.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Just a heads up to potential buyers who use Bitwig, but PPG Wave 3.v & Waldorf Edition 2 like to crash a lot on the OSX version. Not sure what's going on but just by tweaking a few parameters while bitwig is playing back in arrange mode will cause the entire audio engine to crash randomly. It's almost even hard to reproduce because it seems to happen so spontaneously. I never had this happen with any of my other plugins, so I think the culprit is the waldorf plugins.
Could you please give more details about your OS and host used (versions of both OSX and Bitwig)?

No real big problems here with Bitwig on Windows 7 64-bit so far but i'll try to check again ASAP.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Just a heads up to potential buyers who use Bitwig, but PPG Wave 3.v & Waldorf Edition 2 like to crash a lot on the OSX version. Not sure what's going on but just by tweaking a few parameters while bitwig is playing back in arrange mode will cause the entire audio engine to crash randomly. It's almost even hard to reproduce because it seems to happen so spontaneously. I never had this happen with any of my other plugins, so I think the culprit is the waldorf plugins.
Could you please give more details about your OS and host used (versions of both OSX and Bitwig)?

No real big problems here with Bitwig on Windows 7 64-bit so far but i'll try to check again ASAP.
Hey Ingo,

It's OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite and I am using this version of Bitwig.

Username: v0rt3x
Version: 1.1.8
Revision: release/1.1 28975
Build date: Thu May 21 12:14:00 CEST 2015
Build type: release
Heap memory: 515 MB
Native memory: 2 MB
Streamed native memory: 0 bytes
Shared memory: 16 MB
Java Version: 1.8.0_40
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Hey Ingo,

It's OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite and I am using this version of Bitwig.

Hi,

many thanks for this. Usually i have an eye on this and also some other Waldorf related threads even if i do not always reply.

Is it possible to give a step by step procedure based on a new instance of PPG Wave 3.V or the other plugins?
This is what we always look for when posting official bug reüorts to the bug database.

While updates for the plugins will maybe take some time at the moment (as Waldorf currently mostly seems to focus on the hardware including both new products and updates) i will try to test myself at Bitwig on Windows ASAP and add to the bug list.

Besides checking updates for the Nave plugin currently i am involved a bit more with hardware too (got Pulse 2, Blofeld and Streichfett here).

UPDATE:
On Windows 7 64-bit and Bitwig Studio 1.1.8 i just recorded and played back a short track with PPG Wave 3.V and did not get a crash so far.
Ingo Weidner

V0RT3X wrote: It's OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite and I am using this version of Bitwig.

From the information you posted I have concluded that your problem is most probably related to the fact that you have written your name wrongly by using "0" and "3" instead of "o" and "e".
No signature here!

Wow, noticed just now that Waldorf Edition 2 updated to v2.1, strange, not received any news about this in email nor noticed in kvr threads.

Interesting, do was any intermediates update releases between 2.0.1 and 2.1 ? (if there was), and if was, then interesting to see detailed list of changes.

c_voltage wrote:Wow, noticed just now that Waldorf Edition 2 updated to v2.1, strange, not received any news about this in email nor noticed in kvr threads.

Interesting, do was any intermediates update releases between 2.0.1 and 2.1 ? (if there was), and if was, then interesting to see detailed list of changes.
They rather post it on shitty FB then on their own page:

Dear customer,
here is a new update for Waldorf Edition 2. V 2.1
Following issues has been solved :
- Win 10 compatibility
- Factory Presets used wrong outputs
- Delay/Sync could get out of sync
- Improved Hi & Low Cut Filters and bigger knob ranges
- Wavetable 30 didn't load properly
- Sync mode dropdown manu selection error
- Dropdown manu unavailable after closing & opening editor
- No FX Controls after closing & opening editor
- some major improvements for a best possible stability
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Murnau thanks yes, but still interesting - was be also any releases between 2.0.1 and 2.1. (It seems need Ingo)

Btw just tried 2.1 - it seems work the same excelent superb as 2.0.1, i mean GUI response \ primarily (and transmission parameters to the host). For this huge thanks!

Also one moment - usually i install vst2, but maybe vst3 D-pole support sidechain now?

EDIT
Also little sad moment - presets which i made in previous v1\v201 ppg2v 32bit versions cant imported to 2.1 64bit (yes, finally i moved to 64)), just tried do that via host preset system but nothing happen. But this is not critical ofcourse.
Last edited by c_voltage on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”