New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Finally heard from Tom yesterday. Assured me that the latest update still works with my patch library. He also said he'll be getting back to me shortly on whether or not he'll be including 50 of my patches in the next update. If he does, I think you're going to like these. They just might make you forget about Alchemy. LOL.

c_voltage wrote:Unfortunately, already couple times get total hang of system, when tried import various wav's (usual length) during grains play (when triggered is On). Helped only hard reboot via button - frankly forgot when last time i did it, maybe on WinXP times. On Win7 not met yet a plugin which causing such a cruel hang, anyway usually helps ctrl+shift+escape - but in this case even it does not work.
(For any case - Win7 64bit\ Studio one 32bit\ The mangle vst 32bit v0.9b)
But of course for me it is not a reason to abandon it, wonderful tool. Just ask the developer to pay attention to the problem. This does not often, but happens. :bang:

EDIT BTW really liked the ability to save a sample within a preset, good work.
Hey there, has the latest update improved things for you? In the last update I rewrote a critical (and rather hard) part of the program, the cross-thread communication, because a library I was using got abandoned. Ask any developer, this is the stuff that gives us nightmares. Anyway, I have massively improved that part in the latest update and I hope that has made a big difference to the stability for you.

wagtunes wrote:Finally heard from Tom yesterday. Assured me that the latest update still works with my patch library. He also said he'll be getting back to me shortly on whether or not he'll be including 50 of my patches in the next update. If he does, I think you're going to like these. They just might make you forget about Alchemy. LOL.

emmm... why not just share them directly here ?

The only problem left for me is that the modulation sliders are act weird:
a.) you often need to use extremely small values on the slider which are almost impossible to set. Could the sliders be linearised somehow? The blue ring around the knob seems to use a different scaling somehow...?
b.) while dragging the modulation slider for a parameter with only one modulation going, I see a different value in the blue ring around the parameter than when I let go (then the value is usually less). So I somehow have to try, guess and error around a lot to get to somewhere in the range of what I actually want. I don't understand what's going on there...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Daags wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Finally heard from Tom yesterday. Assured me that the latest update still works with my patch library. He also said he'll be getting back to me shortly on whether or not he'll be including 50 of my patches in the next update. If he does, I think you're going to like these. They just might make you forget about Alchemy. LOL.

Don't know if this is what he's thinking, but if I were him, I'd think it's good for your career to have your work shipped with a commercial product, gives the vibe that it's on a pro level. Anyone can release stuff on the net for free.

Daags wrote:

IIRC he imbedded sample content in the patches (which I intend to do also) which may make the file too large to post here, as there is a 20MB file size limit. [2c]
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

There is no way I can share the content here. It is HUGE. Tom will have to provide it with the product, which I am hoping he will do. I do have a complete library of 350 patches available if anybody is interested. Just check below.

wagtunes wrote:There is no way I can share the content here. It is HUGE. Tom will have to provide it with the product, which I am hoping he will do. I do have a complete library of 350 patches available if anybody is interested. Just check below.
"check below", what? :) ... I'm interested.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
wagtunes wrote:There is no way I can share the content here. It is HUGE. Tom will have to provide it with the product, which I am hoping he will do. I do have a complete library of 350 patches available if anybody is interested. Just check below.
Link in his sig.

Shabdahbriah wrote:
The link to all my soundbanks are in my signature...below.

wagtunes wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:
The link to all my soundbanks are in my signature...below.
{cough...cough} :oops: f'n DUH! :dog: .. thanks :)

widdershins wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Unfortunately, already couple times get total hang of system, when tried import various wav's (usual length) during grains play (when triggered is On). Helped only hard reboot via button - frankly forgot when last time i did it, maybe on WinXP times. On Win7 not met yet a plugin which causing such a cruel hang, anyway usually helps ctrl+shift+escape - but in this case even it does not work.
(For any case - Win7 64bit\ Studio one 32bit\ The mangle vst 32bit v0.9b)
But of course for me it is not a reason to abandon it, wonderful tool. Just ask the developer to pay attention to the problem. This does not often, but happens. :bang:

EDIT BTW really liked the ability to save a sample within a preset, good work.
Hey there, has the latest update improved things for you? In the last update I rewrote a critical (and rather hard) part of the program, the cross-thread communication, because a library I was using got abandoned. Ask any developer, this is the stuff that gives us nightmares. Anyway, I have massively improved that part in the latest update and I hope that has made a big difference to the stability for you.
Thanks for reply.
Frankly, after those cases I began to use Mangle more careful, i.e. I stopped importing wav "on the fly", ie before importing i always do stop grain play (this action are simple, and does not cause inconvenience, thus - why tempt fate when it works so well). Thus i no longer saw this problem yet.
The same about the new release candidate - I did not test yet it for durability in this sense (afraid :lol: ).

But glad to hear that this point perhaps reworked now. (Will try. If i meet this again - i'll let know.)

Something exciting is happening. I can now see a 1.0 demo version (factory sounds included) and a shiny new manual on the official site.

http://sound-guru.com/software/mangle/manual/

Nice. The manual's been up for a few days, the demo is new though as is the price. Hopefully we'll get our full 1.0 versions/serials/whatever soon.

Looks awesome to me :-)

Cool stuff!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Instruments”