Is there a vst synth in 64 Bit like logics sculpture?(Windows 7)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
murnau wrote:I'm pretty sure there are a few alternatives to this dated physical modelling logic synth on Win. :D
It might be old, but it's certainly not "dated"
Never understood what 'dated' means in terms of instruments. My piano is so dated now.. Yes, Sculpture is so dated that there's still nothing like it :) It's a reason to own a mac - like it's worth owning Reason just Malstrom (another 'dated' synth lol).
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

It's all relative, chronological age has little to do with it, you could just as easily argue it was so far ahead of its time other plugins still have a long way to catch up (Chromaphone 2 and Modelonia come closest but are still a long way off)

On the other hand the interface is showing its age (really needs a new GUI and tidy up)

do_androids_dream wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
murnau wrote:I'm pretty sure there are a few alternatives to this dated physical modelling logic synth on Win. :D
It might be old, but it's certainly not "dated"
Never understood what 'dated' means in terms of instruments. My piano is so dated now.. Yes, Sculpture is so dated that there's still nothing like it :) It's a reason to own a mac - like it's worth owning Reason just Malstrom (another 'dated' synth lol).
Your piano is not dated because the fundamental design of a piano is pretty much the same is it's been for a very long time. Were a new design to come along, that actually caught on, then your piano could easily become 'dated'.

Electronic instruments can become dated when they don't adhere to what is currently 'de riguere' in instrument design, or within an overall context. If, for example, all synths started implementing tagged patch browsers, it would immediately 'date' all those that didn't.

Something being dated implies being of a certain time, but not necessarily of a certain age. A good example is within Logic, itself. Now they are making the shift away from skeuomorphism, anything that is not flat immediately looks dated. And the most obvious example of this , within Logic, is the Compressor design. - Despite being only a couple of years old, put against a backdrop of flat, it just looks, erm...dated :shrug:

This thread is dated. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:This thread is dated. ;)
No, it gots an update :hihi:

Ben H wrote:This thread is dated. ;)
No! It's just old :shrug: The only part that's dated is the Windows 7 request. The rest of the question is still relevant, as Sculpture is still prettu unique.

Yup, I tried Chromaphone 2 ... it's far more simplistic than Sculpture, and yet it uses more than twice the CPU. So, this thread is still highly relevant.

JoaCHIP wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:01 am Yup, I tried Chromaphone 2 ... it's far more simplistic than Sculpture, and yet it uses more than twice the CPU. So, this thread is still highly relevant.
Besides Chromaphone, you also have String Studio. Between the two, you have most of the functionalities of Sculpture. If there was one synth uniting both engines, that would be very close, IMO.

That said, I also would love to have a version of Sculpture for Windows. As well as Alchemy 2.0, which Apple stole from the Windows users. :x
Fernando (FMR)

I don't think it does morphing (maybe it does?), but been eye balling sakura. https://www.image-line.com/plugins/Synths/Sakura/

Return to “Instruments”