In praise of older plugs.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote:I think we have to differentiate between old plug ins and plug is that have been around a long time but are still currently in development.
In that vein, if I could get my Proteus X2 to work on my Win7/64, it would be one, and although they've been updated to work on the new OS, my still older VIs include the KLC; Novation's VSynth & Bass Station.

I think Absynth is losing its 'further development' status and has been regulated into 'necessary updates' only ATM. (Perhaps FM8 falls under this too).

On another note: While they're new to me, I just bought the 'Backlist Bundle' from HG Fortune. 32b and realeased back in 2010-2011? (Ancient by technology standards), but so far, I absolutely love them! Even though they honestly state they're not sure if they will spend any time trying to update or continue to develope them any further. (I've even downloaded a few of their 'NFG' VIs too and find them too excellent not to include here).
HG Fortune's low priced Bundle: Serenity; Ultra Swamp; Avatar are great!
Freebies: STS26; SwampXT; ScapesWizard; Altair4B still have uses too.

(Oh, and they work great under 64b)

zerocrossing wrote:I think we have to differentiate between old plug ins and plug is that have been around a long time but are still currently in development.
Very good point.

Armadillosound wrote:
Very good point.
So what would those be?

Been around forever, stays in development?
Zebra.

Old synth that's still awesome in its old glory?
Tapeworm.

i still use fm8 in almost every track and b4 on anything organ-ish, oldies but goodies

SadPuppyBlues wrote:Been around forever, stays in development?
Zebra.
Forever? It's not even 10 years old yet, still young and happenin' :D

Numanoid wrote:
Zebra.
Forever? It's not even 10 years old yet, still young and happenin' :D
Ten technology years, which has a mathmatically exponential growth rate making it quite old.

:hihi:

Its hard to tell what is old vs. what is really old.
I still use Krakli Effex on like every track.
Thats got to be pretty old.
ImageImageImageImage

Tassman 4 is worth a mention here. It's an incredible synth/musical toy. Something a mad scientist just has to have. :o

If you're lucky enough to have NI Pro-53 then never get shot of it. Unless .. please .. Urs ...

Zebra.
Reaktor started out as Generator in 1996.

SODDI wrote:
Zebra.
And Alchemy was Cameleon...

BBFG# wrote:
SODDI wrote:
Zebra.
And Alchemy was Cameleon...
And all of these creations were encoded in the state of the universe a nanosecond after the big bang. :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Instruments”