Classical Guitar, is there someone that likes it?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mvrasseli wrote:Thanks NightofNi, rp314 and GirTheRobot.
GirTheRobot wrote:Oh wow this is fantastic. So beautifully played. Did you go to school somewhere?
Yes, I studied 3 years classical guitar and half year of general music, I studied in the government music school of my city, Vitoria.
great stuff.

thanks for sharing.

Am I correct in thinking that you've only been playing guitar for 3 and a half years?

dw

I love to play my classical guitar, not with any measurable talent of which mvrasseli is oozing truckloads, but just to see what kind of sounds I can get from it.

My favorite thing to do is to detune it fairly significantly. I went kind of crazy with it in this little adventure in detuning earlier this year.

http://rockstarnot.rekkerd.org/fawm2013 ... rt%201.mp3

Bassline, arpeggiated chords and the wah lead were all played on my cheapo Valencia cedar top classical. The lead was the biggest surprise to me. I used the Effectizer plugin from GSi on the Jimi setting. http://www.kvraudio.com/product/effectizer_by_gsi Because of the fairly pure ringing of the classical, it actual drove the autowah in the Jimi patch pretty nicely I think.

Anyhow, I love classical but I do nasty things to it which some may find shameful. Back to the thread - beautiful playing mvrasseli!

dusted william wrote:
mvrasseli wrote:Thanks NightofNi, rp314 and GirTheRobot.
GirTheRobot wrote:Oh wow this is fantastic. So beautifully played. Did you go to school somewhere?
Yes, I studied 3 years classical guitar and half year of general music, I studied in the government music school of my city, Vitoria.
great stuff.

thanks for sharing.

Am I correct in thinking that you've only been playing guitar for 3 and a half years?

dw
If this is the case my guitar is going on ebay right now.. and to compose like that after only 3.5 years... insane?

It just goes to show how much progress one can make when one is truelly studying and being guided by a mentor or teachers.
My guess is it'll take you twice or three times longer if you try to teach yourself and in the end you'll probably end up having a flawed technique as well. How I wish I had the time to study guitar full time again. Aww.. To be young again ;)
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Thanks again, never mind a classical guitar topic would have to many posts here! People here are very eclectic.

dusted william wrote:
mvrasseli wrote:Thanks NightofNi, rp314

great stuff.

thanks for sharing.

dw
No, I play guitar to 11 years(today I'm 22 old), but I just studied 3 and 1/2 years with very good teachers, I learned so much from them. Actually I'm not a professional player, that's why I didn't carry my studies with a teacher now, but I'm trying to go back to school to improve my musician skills, I just have to try carry it together with my job.

rockstar_not

The song is nice :) And I'm not shame you use classical guitar for electro music...ok, a little bit :hihi:

I'm making the "Francisco Tarrega - Vol. 2" and I have 2 pieces yet recorded.They are Prelude 1 and 2

https://app.box.com/s/reoajxcd6p0bpjiwtf1s

https://app.box.com/s/xwpwt1x1q0v3ewdtglg4

They will be probably the records that I'll put in the album, but maybe I'll record them again to clear some mistakes.

So real :tu:

Awe and some.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Beautiful tunes, thanks for sharing! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Nice work! Capricho árabe has got to be one of the most gratifying pieces to play. :tu:

More please! How about Walton's Bagatelles?
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

And now you can listen to Tárrega Vol. 2:

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a126012/ ... ega-vol.-2

I think it's better then the first one, but most unknow pieces. Theres a composition from me in this album, for two guitars.

Walton's Bagatelles are nice, I wish I can get a time to study some of those.

Thanks everybody!

Thank you all for the views!!

Still remember your impressive performances from the contest :tu:

Regarding this recording, what can I say but SO beautiful! The guitar is the most beautiful instrument, in skilled hands of course. You are one great virtuoso.
I think Mike Oldfield did a synth cover of "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" but this sounds much more "proper"

Cheers Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Thanks Matt, your words make me feel like I'm a musician :-P
Sure I remember your contest songs too, it's been a while...

Really lovely stuff again. Well done and very much enjoyed. Thank you, mvrasseli.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”