E-mu Emulator X3 sounds fantastic!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emulator X

I'm not usually one to complain but here goes. I bought X3 almost 2 weeks ago from Digitalproaudiosamples.com; that part went fine. Installed the demos, and standalone and 64 bit vst worked good and proper. Then contacted what is supposed to be Emu support at the Creative forums for the whole challenge-response bit. 4 emails to support, a pm to the moderator, and a topic I started did nothing, no reply at all. A user popped up on the forum asking what was up but thats it. I have 2 days left on the demo before being shutout. I'm not too mad about it, as its only 40 usd. But just a warning to anyone considering getting it!

ps If anyone knows of a magic way to get through to the "Emu support" guy(is he real?) at Creative, say the word---

Afaik the challenge-response should go automatically from within the plugin, activation should be online and no emails involved.

Hi,

there should be a Programm installed for registration. Please check your installed Programms in folder Creative Professional.
I had to start this for the registration process.

It's no longer supported by Creative fyi, authorisation is quick and simple from within the standalone
Amazon: why not use an alternative

spacekid wrote:
pc2000 wrote:FYI: For those that have ProteusX-2 that can't get it to run on Win7 can load it's libraries into the VX version. If you would like to use sounds from the Proteus library in other samplers and you own Kontakt 4 or 5... you can use VX to export Proteus ESB banks to EOS which Kontakt is able to read & convert (badly) to Kontakt format. You can then save the program with samples that are now wav files.

If you just want to use the converted Proteus programs in Kontakt, then you simply need to disable or adjust the LP-filter that Kontakt inserts with every conversion and adjust the decay and release time as needed.
I don't know if anyone corrected him, but yes and no you can't. Some banks(like Juno)are too big to run on Proteus VX. They require sample-streaming which is only available on the Emulator.
I loaded every single bank from the Proteus X2 library with no issues! I suppose that results may vary depending on your ram or other system specs. The samples in these libraries are actually quite tiny compared to .wav or AIFF files since the E-MU format is proprietary. Lets not forget that hardware samplers or Romplers don't have Gigs of memory, but instead, a number of MB's depending mostly on how much additional ram you installed in a sampler or the amount of ROM included in a keyboard or sound module.

The sounds in their HW sound modules load lightning fast, as does the Proteus X software series. Ultra huge samples couldn't load in real time like that, especially if not in a proprietary compressed format like EMU's. The Proteus software only loads EMU's sample format, so I don't see how certain Proteus libraries could be too large to load unless someone is using XP with limited Ram. Also, the manual states to use a single instance since it's designed for multi-timbral use and that multiple instances waste resources.

EDIT: I would like to highlight... you don't have to load an entire bank. There is the option to load presets from a bank.

Hi all. Thanks for your offers of help, but I can't find any files within the Creative Professional folder to help. Could you specify which file? I am offline with the main computer, so it always asks me to do the challenge-response. Thanks-

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Hi all. Thanks for your offers of help, but I can't find any files within the Creative Professional folder to help. Could you specify which file? I am offline with the main computer, so it always asks me to do the challenge-response. Thanks-
Hi,

for me it was:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Professional\Produktregistrierung\German\EMUORReg.exe" /CompanyName=Creative Professional /ClientId=EMU-????????

I replaced the ClientId with ??????. I am not sure if this is part of my license.

Quick on the draw there, thanks! But when I run EMUORReg.exe it says "This product registration program cannot be run directly".
Just checked my email-I'd written to the folk at Digitalproaudiosamples.com earlier, and got a reply-they say they'll provide me with a response code. Off to check.

Well, old chap from Digitalproaudiosamples came through with the response code, and all is good. Dunno if that's the only solution for offline challenge-response but it worked for me. Thanks again to those trying to help, now I have some learning to do. It's deep but not difficult. Despite the og graphics the layout is nice n functional. Still very useable to this day. Even accounting for the age and some rough spots I'd dare say it's the gentleman's sampler.

If you are into making your own samples, then EMU X3 has some of the best sample editing tools available.
I use it exclusively as my main sample preparation environment and then convert to what ever format I need with Extreme Sample Converter or Chicken Systems Translator.

There are some UX issues connected with the ancient GUI design, but if you persevere on that front, you will be rewarded with probably the best sampling experience there is. The X3 has every sampling editing tool you will ever need, and available in a very easy manner ( I just dislike the finicky graphical key-zone editing and I wish the GUI could be resizable).

I'm just waiting to see what Falcon has to offer and whether it can lure me away from EMU.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Has anyone tried Emulator X3 in Windows 10 yet?

I did, a little. Tested this and that. It works.

Want to order it. Says out of stock.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

himalaya wrote:If you are into making your own samples, then EMU X3 has some of the best sample editing tools available.
I agree.

And here's a very nice video showing the "TwistaLoop" feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utMz0UxkDNg

:tu:

Iris. A wrote:Has anyone tried Emulator X3 in Windows 10 yet?
No problems on Win 10 latest version.

Return to “Instruments”