Jean michel Jarre VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Mutant wrote:Since i don't have a real Synthex on hand, i couldn't match the raw sound, so i decided to match the fully produced sound from JMJ Third Rendez Vous.
Yes, this is the difficult part with live performances, or studio productions : We don't know how JMJ processed the raw sound ( I experienced this also while maing a cover of another JMJ track with the PKB II, but a live version). That's why I think it was important to post a comparison between the MiniSyn'X and the real Synthex.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Mutant wrote:Since i don't have a real Synthex on hand, i couldn't match the raw sound, so i decided to match the fully produced sound from JMJ Third Rendez Vous.
As he didnt use one on the new album, it doesnt matter. If jmj doesnt care....

MiniSyn'X totally convincing for me, yes.

I remember having done this sound two or three years ago also with the Korg Mono/Poly software edition, and it was really faithful. So perhaps in addition to Xhip an attempt for free could be possible with MonoFury.

But I stick to MiniSyn'X.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Lotuzia wrote:Xils-Lab MiniSyn'X /Real Synthex A/B Comparison for the JMJ Laser Harp sound (you dont even need the Syn'X to make it, the super affordable MiniSyn'X is enough)

Example 1

Exemple 2

There are several Laser Harp presets in the MiniSyn'X btw, hence the two examples

LtZ
Hi Lotuzia. I have Syn'X and the closer I have to the above sounds is the Pluck Tutorial PL LA1 XO. There is also a Lead called LD Laser Harp III from you, but, although close, is not that. What patches are those that are included in the MiniSyn'X?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Xils-Lab MiniSyn'X /Real Synthex A/B Comparison for the JMJ Laser Harp sound (you dont even need the Syn'X to make it, the super affordable MiniSyn'X is enough)

Example 1

Exemple 2

There are several Laser Harp presets in the MiniSyn'X btw, hence the two examples

LtZ
Hi Lotuzia. I have Syn'X and the closer I have to the above sounds is the Pluck Tutorial PL LA1 XO. There is also a Lead called LD Laser Harp III from you, but, although close, is not that. What patches are those that are included in the MiniSyn'X?
Hi Fernando,

These patches are available in the MiniWork'X soundbank.

250 new patches for the Syn'X 2, (and strictly identical to the MiniSyn'X factory library). Many people bought MiniWork's when it was bundled with the Syn'X 2 intro price offer.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Hi Everyone

Love JMJ's music. However I was busy with the Synth1 OSC and I was looking for a JMJ inspired soundbank and I saw that there was one done for Synth1 by Zorniko but I could not find it. Does anybody here know of other JMJ inspired banks for Synth1? :help:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Thank you Egbert

Much appreciated! !

EvilDindon wrote:Hey Dudes,

I recently managed to get very close to the oxygen 4 chorus lead in reason 5, using only THOR synth (and Scream's tape compression effect + usual effects in the mixer - reverb, compression, chorus).

Will try to make a footage soon and provide the refill for those who wants to test it.

Cheers from France,

Mike.
Here is my footage :
Hey,

I tried to recreate Oxygene 4 only with default reason 5 tools, and a little help of korg minipops and eminent 310U samples.

The brass lead sound was made with the default arp2600 saw wave in reason, and the chorused lead sound was made with thor.

I think I can't do better with reason !

What you think ?

https://youtu.be/SxxuP5vo4O8

EvilDindon wrote:
EvilDindon wrote:Hey Dudes,

I recently managed to get very close to the oxygen 4 chorus lead in reason 5, using only THOR synth (and Scream's tape compression effect + usual effects in the mixer - reverb, compression, chorus).

Will try to make a footage soon and provide the refill for those who wants to test it.

Cheers from France,

Mike.
Here is my footage :
Hey,

I tried to recreate Oxygene 4 only with default reason 5 tools, and a little help of korg minipops and eminent 310U samples.

The brass lead sound was made with the default arp2600 saw wave in reason, and the chorused lead sound was made with thor.

I think I can't do better with reason !

What you think ?

https://youtu.be/SxxuP5vo4O8
Everything except the bass is great. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Nice cover - well done ! :tu:

Interesting with that alternative basline. Musically wise it's a good tune ! :-)
Sound-wise I think you've done a good job with most sounds.
Mixing and mastering wise I think there are some issues.

Looking forward to hear your next JMJ cover ! :-D

Is the bassline an arpeggio or loop or self produced?

Bladerunner1962 wrote:Is the bassline an arpeggio or loop or self produced?
I believe it's sequenced. Not sure what synth was used. But you can probably spot it in JMJ's DVD Live In Your Livingroom where a poor chap plays it manually. Not sure but I think that guy used a Moog Source. But I've never read a Moog Source was used on the Oxygene album.

sfd wrote:
Bladerunner1962 wrote:Is the bassline an arpeggio or loop or self produced?
I believe it's sequenced. Not sure what synth was used. But you can probably spot it in JMJ's DVD Live In Your Livingroom where a poor chap plays it manually. Not sure but I think that guy used a Moog Source. But I've never read a Moog Source was used on the Oxygene album.
Originally to produce the bassline for Oxygene 2, Oxygene 4 and the second part of Oxygene 5, Jarre used the extremely rare and first commercial additive synthesizer, called the RMI Harmonic Synthesizer. Its contribution is part of what made Oxygene stand out from all the other synth albums of the day.

In O4, the bassline is played by hand, listen carefully, and you'll hear how human it is, in comparison to O2's bassline, which is arp + tape delay.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

If no one pointed it out yet, here it goes:
http://www.superwavesynths.com/

Full synth dedicated to recreate Jean M Jarre sounds.
You can download the DEMO in the webpage.
Also in the product webpage, you'll find recreations of JMJarre musics, done with this synth, so you can compare.

Hope it helps.

Ben

Return to “Instruments”