Any news from Klanghelm?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has Tony given any indication as to what he's currently working on?

I have this fuzzy memory of him saying he was going to extend the line of plug-ins. I really like the DC8C and would be interested in further developments.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I am in touch with Tony, and I can say that he is certainly not dead or in idle mode.

Though I can't say anything about possible new plugin creations at this point. So I guess that means "wait a bit longer, please".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

My new plugin(s) took a bit longer than expected, actually almost a year. But the good news is, that the free version is in beta right now. I've fixed all reported issues and will send out a (hopefully) final beta of it next week. I want to release it as soon as ALL beta testers are free from issues. The big version will go to beta at the end of next week. I really hope, that the beta phase can be as short as for the free version, but you never know :)
I also want to update DC8C in the next weeks and implement a basic presets browser to make the vst3 users happy.

Tony

Hey Tony

Thanks for the update. Glad to see all is well and you're progressing with your next product. Looking forward to reading any information about it.

This spring is going to be tough - first DMG, then Urs and now you. Good news for us, bad news for our credit cards ;-)

Cheers!

That's good news. Looking forward to it.
Any hint about the new plugin ?
Also, will this one have a demo ?

sinkmusic wrote:That's good news. Looking forward to it.
Any hint about the new plugin ?
Also, will this one have a demo ?
Sorry, there'll be only the free version serving as a demo at this point.
When I have more time for plugin coding, I'll most likely provide demo versions too, but this will also mean higher prices.
The challenge ATM is to offer a free version, that can stand on its own feet, and won't be obsolete when purchasing the full blown version, but still has a strong relation to the big brother, so that you don't have to do a blind bargain.
Also, this time the free version will provide more control than DC1A.

As for hints, I don't want to announce stuff, that isn't ready for release yet but I hope you aren't saturated by this kind of fx yet :wink:

Tony

So it's a saturator of a kind, I suppose? :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:So it's a saturator of a kind, I suppose? :D
We shall call it....

Mini-Mu !!

:D
Last edited by Tp3 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tony can you add to the meter a RMS display ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

nice to hear there's more plugins coming soon! looking forward to it :)

tonhelm wrote:Sorry, there'll be only the free version serving as a demo at this point.
[...] so that you don't have to do a blind bargain.
Also, this time the free version will provide more control than DC1A.
Ok, Tony, thank you for your answer.
No demo is what kept me buying Klanghelm : it seems to be a powerhorse, can-do-it-all kind of compressor, while the demo/free plugin is more a "one trick pony" (well, it must be able to do quite a lot of stuff, but not as much as its big brohter).
And with huge, feature-laden plugins, my main concern is not "does it sound good" (as i know you can always make it sound good with the right settings), but "how easily and quickly can i dial the sound i am after", and in this case only the full version can give me such a direct experience.
Also, my second main question about KlangHelm is : "how clean can it go" and "how dirty can it go", but sadly the demo can no give me a hint of these both extreme, opposite ways.

But more controls on your next free plugin sounds good ;)

Well, as much as I love the DC8C, the free sibling doesn't do it justice. At all.

The full version's modes are great and if you can't solve an issue with them, head over to the extended feature set and tweak. Now, will you master the extended parameters quickly? I still haven't. But will this ruin your workflow? I don't think so. Their default states work great. Now tweak and see if things improve. If they don't, never mind and return them to default.

They're layed out in an easy-to-understand manner, so you won't be guessing. And grasping where everything is and what it does is explained in the brief enough documentation.

This compressor doesn't realy have a distinct sound about it to my ears. It's more like the Logic Pro compressor re-invented by a mastering geek. With a steam punk attitude towards GUIs.. I could be wrong ;-)

Tp3 wrote:Tony can you add to the meter a RMS display ?
Sorry to burst your bubble right there, but RMS meters and non-weighted VU's with 300ms rise/fall are the same.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Tony can you add to the meter a RMS display ?
Sorry to burst your bubble right there, but RMS meters and non-weighted VU's with 300ms rise/fall are the same.
Umm...Reading comprehension ?? :help:

OK, let me be clear, just so you won't attack me :

Tony, can you add a number representing the RMS value ? (and not only the peak value - as shown at the lower right side of the VU window)

There... you Comfy now, Compy ? :)

Return to “Effects”