DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I only want one thing added to Equilibrium - a multitrack analyser window a la Pro-Q 3...

oboemaroni wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:07 am I only want one thing added to Equilibrium - a multitrack analyser window a la Pro-Q 3...
It can do that, but not exactly, only two tracks at the time and no collision meter. But yeah, that would be useful

It can? Need to go over the manual again, I've been using Span... Would be great to have at least four inputs but two is better than nothing.

oboemaroni wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:23 pm It can? Need to go over the manual again, I've been using Span... Would be great to have at least four inputs but two is better than nothing.
Just right-click on the "Analyzer" an there will be something like "primary source" and "secondary source"
There is also some nice analyzer modes in the same menu, worth checking

The issue with the preset loading bug has been resolved by DMG guys.

It is still not a 100% solution (and the issue probably should have been ironed out long ago), but their dedication is appreciated!

is it just me, or is the 'allpass' filter identical for HP and LP versions? in null tests it goes to -120+ and with headphones i can't hear any difference - but why are there 2 versions of it?

sengoku wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:35 am is it just me, or is the 'allpass' filter identical for HP and LP versions? in null tests it goes to -120+ and with headphones i can't hear any difference - but why are there 2 versions of it?
From the manual :
AllPass
“Is it doing anything?" The AllPass has no effect on frequency magnitudes - it exists purely to phaserotate the incoming signal. Phasers are built out of them. In Linear or Minimum phase modes, they do precisely nothing, but in Analogue or IIR modes, they allow you to compensate for phase artefacts in recordings, or create new ones
:tu:

NM
I

Thanks Michey, I read the manual but there's nothing in there about why there are 2 (identical?) Allpasses.. I know what allpasses do, hence I'm confused how there could be a lpf and hpf version of such a thing.

Is there any word on what DMG is up to these days?

.... ...

First of all.. shoot out for Dave for putting the love in!

I am coming from pro q and like the plugin for the simplicity but sometimes I need something more sweet sounding.. so here I am.

A bit paralyzed by all the options I have 4 simple questions.

1. What is the right hpf / low shelf filter to get the most punch out of a bus?

2. What filter would be best suited for a smiley curve?

3. What fits best for boosting the high end, like on vocals?

4. What notch is the best to get rid of resonances?

Would love to hear different takes on this and the why..render, il and so on.

Cheers!

It would be nice to see Equilibrium 2, with THD / harmonic distortion option per band (I feel like the new FF Volcano 3 seems to apply the saturation on wider band/area than the intended bell curve/filter shown on screen, so any improvement DMG could make to that would be nice).

Return to “Effects”