DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^ +1

Also, would it be possible to also enable the locking the filter steepness? I always accidentally switch it when dragging the filter around. :P

mustgroove wrote:What's the function of Digital+ Phase mode?
It wriggles the phase response to be closer to the Analogue response. Turns "Digital mode" into "ZL Analogue Phase". With drastically lower CPU usage.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Twrogstudio wrote:will the manual be updated?
Yes. As soon as I can.
Also, the 'Free UI size' option doesn't appear to do anything in Logic X on OSX Yosemite.
It's just subtle. Engage Free UI Size, close Setup and then drag the bottom-right of the plugin window.

Dave.

Eleventh wrote:AutoListen currently seems to pass through the AutoGain algo... not a good thing when sweeping nasty low frew resonances.. :wink:
Will fix. Sorry.

Tp3 wrote:"Save default" button has gone ?

EDIT:

OK

There seem to be a bug as here, on my internet computer, there IS "Default" button but on my AWS the bottom of the settings screen is "chopped off"...
Yes. I've found and fixed this. It occurs when the UI size exceeds a certain height. Quick fix - if you need it, shrink your UI size for a sec. Lame, I know. But the fix is ready for the next update.

Eleventh wrote:^ +1

Also, would it be possible to also enable the locking the filter steepness? I always accidentally switch it when dragging the filter around. :P
You currently can from the band-strips. The fact that you can't from the graph is a detail I evidently missed. Will fix.

Small bug I've noticed - the "Digital + Phase" setting doesn't propagate to other instances when clicking "Propagate..." on the DSP page... not sure whether it's also the case on the "Render DSP" page

Yes same issue here, the "propoagate" button doesn't work to extend Digital + phase. Using Logic X with Yosemite

DaveGamble wrote:
mustgroove wrote:What's the function of Digital+ Phase mode?
It wriggles the phase response to be closer to the Analogue response. Turns "Digital mode" into "ZL Analogue Phase". With drastically lower CPU usage.
Yes, wriggles is the appropriate technical term for the phase response change. :D
Superb EQ in any mode.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

So is it meant to be used with Digital+ compensation?
Or it doesn't matter?
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote:
Or it doesn't matter?
Yes. It uses the Digital+ compensation to do phase as well as magnitude.

Dave.

Is there a chapter in the manual covering the new rendering option in Equilibrium? What would be the most pristine, natural mode for an acoustic or classical type of music? In other words, what are the guide lines for all these different modes?

I think with a tool of such depth there has to be an in depth tutorial that not only describes different functions but also can guide with some suggestions, and teach along the way…Just a thought.

Thank you
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

It seems plausible you may be in for a future of staring at my massive beard while I talk about EQ.

For a second there, I had a mental flash of Father Zosima (Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov) who is an Elder and spiritual audio adviser in the town of audio monastery and our Equilibrium teacher. He is something of a celebrity among the audio disciples for his reputed prophetic and healing-equalizing abilities. His popularity inspires both admiration and jealousy amidst his fellow audio monks…

Essentially, I’m looking for something to replace my LinearPhase PEQ Red by Algorithmix. It is very simple and unbelievably transparent. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work well in windows 8 (x64) and I’m not getting any meaningful responses from their tech support.

It would be great, if you can post some guide lines (suggestions) on how to tune up Equilibrium for the most transparent results possible (with acoustic material in mind). My understanding is that setting highest Impulse length, Parallel Mode, FIR Processing Mode + linear phase response should get me in all the right sonic places but what about Impulse Padding? Should I also try it at the highest settings?

What about interaction between all these settings? Does it affect positively all EQ shapes or just some? What about Window Shape? I don’t get this one at all.

I’ve been watching the development of this EQ for some time and want to make an educated decision in regards to this tool. Is there some blogs or video tutorials that go beyond the manual provided with this EQ?

Thank you
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

DaveGamble wrote:
jbraner wrote:
Or it doesn't matter?
Yes. It uses the Digital+ compensation to do phase as well as magnitude.

Dave.
Thanks Dave,
So basically with digital+ compensation on, and digital+ phase - I get an analogue type response (without a high CPU hit)?
- I *don't* want pristine... :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Effects”