Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

ATN69 wrote:I did not upgrade yet but I downloaded the file. But after Reading what people say here I wonder if the new update is okay or not? ..or should I wait perhaps? I am on Windows / FL Studio
I'd wait for a new version.

GUI issues in Ableton and Cubase...guess it is messed up across the board!

Props to all you brave souls who jump into these updates and report back. Thank you. :tu:

I love Spire, but its updates are probably the most consistently maddening of all the software I use. Makes me wonder what setups they test on. "Works on both the etch-a-sketch and the potato here. Let's get it out there!" :clown: :scared:

:lol:

1.1.4 is working for me without problems (Cubase 8.5 x64).

core wrote:
exmatproton wrote:When you close and reopen the plugin, it resets the preset...weird update, this 1.1.4 :?
Happens in Ableton Live 9 Suite as well... I guess we'll have to wait for some hotfixes.
Same with Maschine on Mac (VST & AU), but not Logic 9.
I also have a problem with stuck level meters since 1.1.3.

4damind wrote:1.1.4 is working for me without problems (Cubase 8.5 x64).
Windows?

4damind wrote:1.1.4 is working for me without problems (Cubase 8.5 x64).
Did you uninstall 1.1.3 before, or did you just install it over 1.1.3?

From Reveal-Sound's Facebook page:
Question: Skin come completely black with FL Studio.

Reply from Reveal-Sound: Hi!
Our engineers are currently working with fixes for this issue. We will release hotfix as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

chk071 wrote:From Reveal-Sound's Facebook page:
Question: Skin come completely black with FL Studio.

Reply from Reveal-Sound: Hi!
Our engineers are currently working with fixes for this issue. We will release hotfix as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
thnx for the heads-up

No probs. Hoping for a quick fix here too. :)

dtomaloff wrote:Props to all you brave souls who jump into these updates and report back. Thank you. :tu:

I love Spire, but its updates are probably the most consistently maddening of all the software I use. Makes me wonder what setups they test on. "Works on both the etch-a-sketch and the potato here. Let's get it out there!" :clown: :scared:

I understand that developers can't afford to buy a license of every DAW out there, especially if it is a small developer.
And beta testing involving external testers is only done with major new versions, right?

Tbh, this us how things are done in Russia. If I didn't know that they are Russians, I'd guess it from their strategy of offering half backed releases and quick fixes after that.

Still, awesome synth. My most used softie
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I'm impatiently awaiting the update where they allow import of oscillator waves and grain filters like they said they were working on. :shrug:

dtomaloff wrote:Props to all you brave souls who jump into these updates and report back. Thank you. :tu:

Oh yes.

After the first 1.x update went crash-happy on my computer, I decided to stay off of them myself. Went back to an older version that works great. I'll wait for a more fleshed out version with more features (and stability) before upgrading.

fluffy_little_something wrote:

I understand that developers can't afford to buy a license of every DAW out there, especially if it is a small developer.
And beta testing involving external testers is only done with major new versions, right?

I was obviously being a bit facetious, but for the sake of argument, nothing in the price or the documentation indicates the need for special patience on the part of the user or lowered expectations regarding professionalism. Furthermore, there is no rule that states beta testing need only be done for major versions. In fact, it seems that a small developer without all of the necessary resources (allegedly, not my words) would be smart to tap into a small but technically diverse portion of their user base to compensate. :wink:

Again, I don't have a real issue with them. Not sure about that argument tho.

Looking forward to the fixes!

Return to “Instruments”