Plug & Mix . Anyone try these?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.plugandmix.com/

These guys are owned by Don't Crack (If I'm reading right) They've got something for everyone, but maybe they're too new because I've never heard any mention @ here. The price is nice, but are they worth getting?
Anyone ever use or demo these?

they looks alright - haven't demoed them yet but might

Nomad Factory did these I thought?

Nice GUI's but I doubt any of them are oversampled
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I own the VIP bundle. It's a nice group of specialty 'color' effects that are pretty reliable at getting results quickly. The effecs are straightforward to use--what you see is what you get--a few knobs or sliders on each. So each is really sort of like a single-purpose effect. Kind of like buying a bag of stomp pedals, except with each revision you get a buch more pedals for free and lifetime upgrades. Overall I think these are unique enough to differentiate them from the kinds of effects I have typically used and different from the stock daw plugins so they fill a nice niche for me.

If you have something like Guitar Rig or Amplitube, however, you might want to look at the effects and see if there might be too much duplication.

I haven't tried Nomad Factory Magma, but in some ways these seem like the effects from Omnisphere and Trillian, so I am guessing NF had a hand in building them, but I can't say for sure.

the only plugins i have had crashing problems, persistently with, since going back to logic are nomad magma, blue tubes, and these. These are made by nomad.

It's a real shame because nomad haven't answered any of my emails.

Clarisonix sounds terrific by the way, there are some gems here.. the saturator (mini magnetic) is nice too.

flanger is delicious, but sync options only go to one bar so kind of useless for long synced sweeps.

Basically, good value but flawed and i don't know if the crashing will be fixed, and the effects will be updated where needed with better features.

I was actually planning to write to Dont crack about it soon with a detailed email as i think they have potential and it would be a shame not to get them right. (imo)

Personally there's 5 of them i really want but that becomes the bundle price.. that was the other point i was going to make to them.. 49 each is too much when the bundle of 30 is like 299.

They should be 29 each, even better, 19, or if not at least a bundle of 5 or 6 for 99..

think about it DC.

I highly recommend downloading the vip bundle demo as this is the only way you will know if you need these tools or not since some of the included plugs have a unique sound and some you probably already have a similar sound in your toolkit.

I just finished demo'ing the entire bundle and i was actually surprised. My first impressions are, beefy and impressive ! Normally with these bundle plugs its a case of quantity over quality, however i found that alot of the plugs held up their sound well enough, without distortion or artifacts, to be used in a pro mix.

I think i have just about tried every notable plugin out there, from freeware to paid for, and some of these P&M plugs definitely have an ovious unique or different sound.
My picks of the bunch based on personal usefulness and adding variety on top of current plugins are 'Brightness' a really clear and non offensive hi-freq booster akin to the Abbeyroad RS127, 'British Tone' this is a quality amp/cab sound, 'Cool-vibe', 'Degradiator' the down-sampler on this sounds authentically like circuit bent hardware, 'Dimension 3D' although i didn't get to compare it with other Dimension D emulations, 'Distorted' a kind of monsterous distortion, 'Liquid Air-Q' good to bring clarity and sharpness to a sound, 'Monster Boost' beefs up a sound without sounding unpleasant, 'Vinylizer' sounds really good, 'Ultramaxit' stuck it on the masterbus of a full mix and honestly you can really crank some db out of it without any distortion and the punch in tact.

My only criticism is that despite the P&M concept of easy to use plugs, some of the plugs leave you wishing you had more tweakability. The compressors and verbs are an example in that they sound great but need a few more parameters to get the sound just right.

So based on this, i agree with a previous poster that $59 is far too steep for a single plugin that is really a one knob, one trick pony, despite sounding good.

If i was doing a rock mix or something with acoustic drums, electric guitar etc and wanted a beefy hard sound and good distortion, i would have no trouble using only this bundle for the entire mix except i'd need a tweakable comp, verb and parametric eq.

edit : on the crashing, i've had no crashing except Granulizer is buggy as hell oh and the demo could be longer before having to reload the plug so we can assemble a quick mix.

You can get five for $156 with their quantity discount (20% off at 5 or more). You should be able to get another 10% off right now with the code DC2012. However the website is messed up and when you enter the code, you do get 10% off, but it cancels the quantity discount. Anyway, if it worked, that would be $136.50 for five or $27.30 each, which is still too much, in my opinion. I guess you probably can get the whole bundle for $270, though.

With respect to crashing, you should post to this thread here:

http://forums.dontcrack.com/index.php?showtopic=8126

This is where bug reports are filed and they are generally responsive to fixing issues. I've not had crashing problems on win64 VST but have found other issues which have been remedied in the past.

I believe there was another set of similar plugins years back, different name, but looked identical.

lightsfadelow wrote:With respect to crashing, you should post to this thread here:

http://forums.dontcrack.com/index.php?showtopic=8126

This is where bug reports are filed and they are generally responsive to fixing issues. I've not had crashing problems on win64 VST but have found other issues which have been remedied in the past.
The nomad problems are related to MAC from what i know

antithesist wrote:You can get five for $156 with their quantity discount (20% off at 5 or more). You should be able to get another 10% off right now with the code DC2012. However the website is messed up and when you enter the code, you do get 10% off, but it cancels the quantity discount. Anyway, if it worked, that would be $136.50 for five or $27.30 each, which is still too much, in my opinion. I guess you probably can get the whole bundle for $270, though.
FWIW i am certain the discounts are one or the other, i.e, quantity OR 10%, you can't mix them..

10% makes sense only with 4 or less products :)

Dear friends,

Just to let you know that we have just launched Version 3.0.1 with a few bug fixes reported on the board.

http://www.plugandmix.com/support/downloads/

All the best - Peter
Plugiman
www.Plugivery.com
Plugivery Distribution

I'm digging Analoger for smooth master buss bass saturation. Just running it thru its paces but there's something nice and round going on in there that takes 3 seconds to hit (there's only a couple of knobs so how hard is that!).

awol9000 wrote:they looks alright - haven't demoed them yet but might

they "look" alright ???

are you judging plugins by just looking at the GUI ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Effects”