Daw that allows Time Signatures per Track?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there one daw that allows you to set a different time signature on each track instead of just global?

The sort of stuff I want to do is.. have say track one in 5/4 then track two in 7/4 and so on. in the same musical space. it would be nice to have the metronome respond to the selected tracks time sig.

In Live, you can have a different time signature for each clip, but the metronome is based on the global sig. I'm sure Bitwig will do the same.

A dynamic metronome would be a freaking killer feature, now that I think about it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

My tracks sound like they are in different TS's frequently, it's not that hard :hihi:

hibidy wrote:My tracks sound like they are in different TS's frequently, it's not that hard :hihi:
:D

hibidy wrote:My tracks sound like they are in different TS's frequently, it's not that hard :hihi:
same here! I'm just looking for an excuse I guess! :oops:

Nanakai wrote:In Live, you can have a different time signature for each clip, but the metronome is based on the global sig. I'm sure Bitwig will do the same.

A dynamic metronome would be a freaking killer feature, now that I think about it....
would be awesome! :)

I thought that was just me, oh well it's nice to know I got company. 8)

CTStump wrote:
I thought that was just me, oh well it's nice to know I got company. 8)
That's probably what Ned Flanders said when Homer Simpson moved in next door :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I bet there is some program from 1995 that does it.

EnergyXT1.4 had this I believe.

memyselfandus wrote:I bet there is some program from 1995 that does it.
Vision and Studio Vison, from Opcode, had a mode that allowed multiple sequences to run in parallel simultaneously, each one with it's own tempo track (and therefore, with it's own time signature). If we created sequences of one track, we could have what's asked. Haven't seen anything like that in any other sequencer.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:I bet there is some program from 1995 that does it.
Vision and Studio Vison, from Opcode, had a mode that allowed multiple sequences to run in parallel simultaneously, each one with it's own tempo track (and therefore, with it's own time signature). If we created sequences of one track, we could have what's asked. Haven't seen anything like that in any other sequencer.
I knew it!

Amberience wrote:EnergyXT1.4 had this I believe.
are they on version 2 now? I wonder why they would take features away?

Tremor's step sequencer can do it, but that's far from being a DAW...

If per-track time signature setting is difficult to implement, maybe we could have something like adjustable metronome?

Let's say my global time sig is 4/4, but I want to record a guitar track using 7/8 as a reference 'click'...or maybe it is already possible?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”