New Gear Thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome addition no doubt, but...

... are you sure you wanna go down the UAD rabbit hole? Seems like an expensive addiction.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Awesome addition no doubt, but...

... are you sure you wanna go down the UAD rabbit hole? Seems like an expensive addiction.
I can hook this to the Apollo Twin Mushy for more power, got this for the laptop setup for doing my sample library processing and it's a birthday treat for next month lol.
Also come in handy for when I wanna add some nice FX in Live to the hardware. Good investment IMO just like the Apollo Twin. Just add plug ins as I need them too.

rob_lee wrote:I can hook this to the Apollo Twin Mushy for more power, got this for the laptop setup for doing my sample library processing and it's a birthday treat for next month lol.
Also come in handy for when I wanna add some nice FX in Live to the hardware. Good investment IMO just like the Apollo Twin. Just add plug ins as I need them too.
Ah ok, didn't realize (or perhaps more likely forgot) you had an Apollo. Therefore you're already using UAD plugs.

I've long considered one but definitely don't need/want another expensive addiction.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
rob_lee wrote:I can hook this to the Apollo Twin Mushy for more power, got this for the laptop setup for doing my sample library processing and it's a birthday treat for next month lol.
Ah ok, didn't realize (or perhaps more likely forgot) you had an Apollo. Therefore you're already using UAD plugs.

I've long considered one but definitely don't need/want another expensive addiction.
Yeah lol I just thought it'd add some power to my Apollo as I use the plug ins always on that, now I don't have to worry about running out of power for what I need them for and no tax on my CPU, just Live running and a couple of soft synths I have. Great as well that I can apply these FX to incoming hardware synths in Live. Shopping done till christmas now don't need anything else for what I'm doing mate.

rob_lee wrote:Shopping done till christmas now don't need anything else for what I'm doing mate.
Quoted for later lolz :D

Mushy Mushy wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Shopping done till christmas now don't need anything else for what I'm doing mate.
Quoted for later lolz :D
Haha seriously nothing else I need Mushy. Prophet 6 would be nice but all DSI products have went up in the past 3 months so I think they're avin a giraffe there so gonna wait till prices drop next year for that maybe. For now I'm just waiting for over bridge and I'm sorted here. Since Of all my latest investments I have to say Live Push has been my fav mate. Totally inspiring to work with.

rob_lee wrote:Haha seriously nothing else I need Mushy. Prophet 6 would be nice but all DSI products have went up in the past 3 months so I think they're avin a giraffe there so gonna wait till prices drop next year for that maybe. For now I'm just waiting for over bridge and I'm sorted here. Since Of all my latest investments I have to say Live Push has been my fav mate. Totally inspiring to work with.
I have been looking at the Push recently TBH, but I do consider it a luxury.
Yet to see what it would bring to my workflow over my APC40.

Sure it looks pretty, but I'd rather spend the £ on another TT303.

I just installed a 1TB SSD (Crucial BX100) last night, cloned my HDD onto it overnight and switched boot disks this morning.

It used to take a bit over 2 minutes to boot, and it's down to about 15 seconds. Typical applications are up almost before I'm finished clicking. Plugins and Kontakt instruments load really damn fast. Large graphics-intensive games still have some wait time to load but noticeably less.

Worth it.

electro harmonix ravish sitar on the way :)
got my eye on a freeze too.

Arrived this afternoon, now in the UAD store adding some Moog Filters and a few other plug-ins. This is a cool little box takes no space at all.

rob_lee wrote:Arrived this afternoon, now in the UAD store adding some Moog Filters and a few other plug-ins. This is a cool little box takes no space at all.

Dude your GAS resistance lasted 24 hours : lol:

Mushy Mushy wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Arrived this afternoon, now in the UAD store adding some Moog Filters and a few other plug-ins. This is a cool little box takes no space at all.

Dude your GAS resistance lasted 24 hours : lol:
Nah I thought I already said this was my last purchase earlier? Lol Did I?

Talking about the Moog plugs :D

Mushy Mushy wrote:Talking about the Moog plugs :D

Yeah but check the store Mushy, they're all on sale so I need to grab them now before price goes up plus I got another $50 voucher in my account. Gonna get a few plug ins to go with the other 9 you get on the unit. I'll be selling some software in marketplace I think, not using much these days mate. Will see what I have to sell here.

rob_lee wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Talking about the Moog plugs :D

Yeah but check the store Mushy, they're all on sale so I need to grab them now before price goes up plus I got another $50 voucher in my account. Gonna get a few plug ins to go with the other 9 you get on the unit. I'll be selling some software in marketplace I think, not using much these days mate. Will see what I have to sell here.
Smart move then really. I would love a UAD. One day.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”