BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Such hard work and late night activity dear Oleg :love: we truly appreciate that! And BlueArp is getting better and better every time, honestly for me, with you and BlueArp, my music would be so boring :hug:
Bolshoe spacibo moy droog :pray:

Hi Oleg,

I just found out that 2.15 and 2.16 won't read fxp presets made with 2.10,
strangely enough 2.10 does load fxp presets made with 2.15 !

Access violation at address 6A72D3C7 in module 'BlueARP.dll'. Read of address 0000025A

Using the 32bit version in FLStudio 11.1.1

Yeager wrote:Hi Oleg,
I just found out that 2.15 and 2.16 won't read fxp presets made with 2.10,
strangely enough 2.10 does load fxp presets made with 2.15 !
Access violation at address 6A72D3C7 in module 'BlueARP.dll'. Read of address 0000025A
Using the 32bit version in FLStudio 11.1.1
Reproduced this error. Will try to fix today. Backwards compatibility is such a hassle, I tested it with bank load/save, but missed a bug with program load/save.

FIXED, I updated the same archive, so just re-download v2.16
I even tested saving program in v1.15b3 and loading in v2.16, works fine. Also tested the same with 2.10 and 2.06.

Yes :hyper:

Works great thank you Oleg :clap:

You probably couldn't tell from my previous post but, I really LOVE this thing :hug:

Wow, Oleg. BlueARP is getting better and better. I hope you continue your journey with it. Greetings to mother Russia from Germany. :)

I have a strange problem. FL user, its for you!

I had updated the bluearp 2.15 to 2.16.
Something went wrong and I downgraded back to 2.15.
Since I just get the attached screen if i want start bluearp, not with any other plugin.
strange error.jpg
Its strange, previously bluearp ran without any problems, so it cant be the plugin.
You know, the offical version is stable, the problem must lie with fl.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled fl12.1.3. no change.

I have on my laptop fl 12.1.3 and bluearp 2.15, there it runs without any problems.
what can I do? Has someone an idea?
i asked Image-line too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

i fixed my problem, by renaming ba and scan plugins rename it back.
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Hi!

Just dropping by to report a bug, maybe it has already come up here:
The octave row seems to have no effect on other keys than k1.

Other than that this thing totally rocks!
This is the coolest arpeggiator I know!
Thanks a lot!

:tu:

Privet Oleg :)
I think it is really now a stable version... Although I believe BA needs some detailed GUI especially for the new update of the chord octave distribution panel...

Still wondering if it is an easy task to make the BA be able to import MIDI template (or scores) and implements it within its engine, just like the Korg Pa arranger keyboards exactly.. Or am I too greedy :D
If you are consider doing this, then I have a deal with you ;)

ZXOxo67 wrote:i fixed my problem, by renaming ba and scan plugins rename it back.
For those who have problems loading FL11 projects in FL12
I faced the same problem when tried to load my older projects (created with FL Studio 10 and 11) into FL12.
Some or all BlueARP instances do not work. But when you insert new BlueARP into the project, it works.

There are 2 possible solutions:
1. Go to FL Wrapper settings (green gear sign, top left on plugin window), and turn off "Make bridged" option
make bridged.jpg
I don't know why the hell FL12 sets it, it's 32-bit plugin in 32-bit FL12, should be no bridging

2. If you have both BlueARP.dll and BlueArp.x64.dll, leave only the one you use, delete or rename the other
(in my case the original project was saved with 32-bit BlueARP, but FL12 32bit picked up BlueARP.x64
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey I have a suggestion, which I think is pretty good:

What if you make the octave row affect not k1, but allways the lowest key at that step?
This way it will still work in mono and poly, and also if you add polyphony to the key select row it will still work in both modes as expected and you don't have to add extra controls for polyphony.

I think this would be really cool.

I like this bit of kit but it is a bit glitchy when playing a vst

MoZi wrote:Hi!

Just dropping by to report a bug, maybe it has already come up here:
The octave row seems to have no effect on other keys than k1.

Other than that this thing totally rocks!
This is the coolest arpeggiator I know!
Thanks a lot!
:tu:
Yes, it's a bug I missed when implemented polyphonic steps. Fixed in v2.17. Going to upload it next weekend.
Your next suggestion is exactly the way I want to do it:
1. If step contains several keys (chord or k2+k3 for example), octave affects the lowest key
2. If step chntains just one key - octave it affects anyway

PS. I underestimated the complexity of adding polyphonic stuff. BlueARP was designed as a mono arp, so I had to re-write several pieces of code. Now fixing bugs I introduced with it...

phreaque wrote:Privet Oleg :)
I think it is really now a stable version... Although I believe BA needs some detailed GUI especially for the new update of the chord octave distribution panel...
Still wondering if it is an easy task to make the BA be able to import MIDI template (or scores) and implements it within its engine, just like the Korg Pa arranger keyboards exactly.. Or am I too greedy :D
Hi. Importing MIDI stuff is theoretically possible, but even if I manage to implement it - it will be too complicated even for 'power users' (and for me too). Cause there's no single way to do this. For example you have a melody like
A5 - C5 - E5 - F5 - A5 - C5 - E5 - F5
How to import it?
Method1.
Considering k1 = A5, k2 = C5, k3 = E5, k4 = F5. BlueARP creates pattern like k1 - k2 - k3 - k4 - k1 - k2 - k3 - k4. You play a chord A5, C5, E5, F5 and get the melody.
Method2.
Considering A5 is a root key for a melody, BlueARP sets fixed key to A5, all steps to 'Fixed key' and the rest is done with semotine (scale step) transpositions.

There are other variations, it's the first two thigs coming to my mind.

graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:Privet Oleg :)
Hi. Importing MIDI stuff is theoretically possible, but even if I manage to implement it - it will be too complicated even for 'power users' (and for me too). Cause there's no single way to do this. For example you have a melody like
A5 - C5 - E5 - F5 - A5 - C5 - E5 - F5
How to import it?
Method1.
Considering k1 = A5, k2 = C5, k3 = E5, k4 = F5. BlueARP creates pattern like k1 - k2 - k3 - k4 - k1 - k2 - k3 - k4. You play a chord A5, C5, E5, F5 and get the melody.
Method2.
Considering A5 is a root key for a melody, BlueARP sets fixed key to A5, all steps to 'Fixed key' and the rest is done with semotine (scale step) transpositions.

There are other variations, it's the first two thigs coming to my mind.
Hello dear friend :)
Yes it is hard for a user to handle all that. But when I look on Yamaha's patent technologies like SFF & CASM, I see there's a simple note transportation rule relies behind.
I'm putting here a couple of references, just to have an idea, maybe it will be helpful :)
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style2_2.htm
http://www.midisoft.pl/en/hu/zasoby/guide-sff-en.pdf

Return to “Instruments”