BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote:
Lee702 wrote:I can't get the windows 64Bit to hold a skin. The 32bit version works fine.
Can you be more specific please? I tested BlueARP.x64 with FL Studio 11 x64, no problems so far.
I am also using FL 11 x64 and Studio One 2. I installed Telurica skins then selected one and a different one loads when I reset or load the plugin the next time. Also happening even with default skin pack without any additional skins.

Installed Cubase 7 demo on my Mac, and this annoying buzz noise is here again. OK, hope I'll fix it here as well winthin 30 days trial period )
FIXED in v2.07. Not sure will finish it this weekend, I'm still fighting half-drawn GUI bug on OSX.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good work Greywolf,

Imo your Arp is up there with the best of them.
The inbuilt pattern presets are a huge bonus.

phreaque wrote:Intersting idea is to put same menu of parameters for key range and wrapping
And then put 2 radio buttons: INPUT RANGE and OUTPUT RANGE
That will save the GUI space :wink:
Yes, interesting idea. But I think for input range you need both truncating and wrapping. You may want, for example, use truncate for C0-C4 range (left hand bass) and wrap it to C3-C4. For output range, only wrapping makes sense I think. So I'll add another input range (wrap). There's just enough space for this.

graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:Intersting idea is to put same menu of parameters for key range and wrapping
And then put 2 radio buttons: INPUT RANGE and OUTPUT RANGE
That will save the GUI space :wink:
Yes, interesting idea. But I think for input range you need both truncating and wrapping. You may want, for example, use truncate for C0-C4 range (left hand bass) and wrap it to C3-C4. For output range, only wrapping makes sense I think. So I'll add another input range (wrap). There's just enough space for this.
Well said my friend. Excellent suggestion. We'll support you and looking forward to see the new update. I truly appreciate your hard work.

graywolf2004 wrote:Installed Cubase 7 demo on my Mac, and this annoying buzz noise is here again. OK, hope I'll fix it here as well winthin 30 days trial period )
FIXED in v2.07. Not sure will finish it this weekend, I'm still fighting half-drawn GUI bug on OSX.
Wow! that's great news for us Mac people.
You're a busy man, and I'm a patient man.
Just want you to know we appreciate you.
Looking forward to v2.07.

Update: BlueARP v2.07

Windows:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.07.zip
OSX:

Changes:
1. BugFix: buzz noise in Cubase 7 on OSX
2. BugFix: half-missing GUI on OSX (hopefully)
3. BugFix: BlueARP didn't remember selected skin on OSX & Windows

This GUI bug was really tricky, and I had to restart Cubase 3 to 5 times to check if it's still there, cause it didn't appear every time. Hope now I fixed it.

phreaque I remember about input range (wrap) setting, just didn't have time for it this weekend.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

graywolf2004 wrote:Update: BlueARP v2.07

Windows:
OSX:

Changes:
1. BugFix: buzz noise in Cubase 7 on OSX
2. BugFix: half-missing GUI on OSX (hopefully)

phreaque I remember about input range (wrap) setting, just didn't have time for it this weekend.
This GUI bug was really tricky, and I had to restart Cubase 3 to 5 times to check if it's still there, cause it didn't appear every time. Hope now I fixed it.
Thanks dear Oleg for the great continuous efforts.
This version is working so smoothly in FL Studio and no any complains :) Thanks mate

Thank you, Oleg.
Did this version totally replaced the "older" one ?

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you, Oleg.
Yes, as usual (if I got you right). No patch format change, so should completely replace v2.06

Forgot to add to Changes:
3. BugFix: BlueARP didn't remember selected skin on OSX & Windows
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graywolf2004 wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:Thank you, Oleg.
Yes, as usual (if I got you right). No patch format change, so should completely replace v2.06
Sorry, i was not clear : i am still using v1.xx, and didn't follow all the recent changes : so i am wondering if v2.xx is a full replacement or a new "beta" (with new features but also some possibly yet missing) ?
And are all the skin included in the v2 installer, too ?

Lee702 wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote:
Lee702 wrote:I can't get the windows 64Bit to hold a skin. The 32bit version works fine.
Can you be more specific please? I tested BlueARP.x64 with FL Studio 11 x64, no problems so far.
I am also using FL 11 x64 and Studio One 2. I installed Telurica skins then selected one and a different one loads when I reset or load the plugin the next time. Also happening even with default skin pack without any additional skins.
v2.07 No longer having this problem.

sinkmusic wrote:Sorry, i was not clear : i am still using v1.xx, and didn't follow all the recent changes : so i am wondering if v2.xx is a full replacement or a new "beta" (with new features but also some possibly yet missing) ?
And are all the skin included in the v2 installer, too ?
Oh, I see. No, I didn't include skins, it's the only thing you need to copy when you upgrade bluearp.
Some weeks ago I spent the whole weekend writing a conversion routine for patch format. So it should fully replace 1.15b3 (the latest Delphi version/ stable). But I'm not 100% sure I didn't miss any single parameter. You can help me here if you can spend a couple of hours on this:
- backup your existing projects with bluearp (just for double security)
- replace bluearp 1.15b3 with the latest one.
- rescan vst plugins folder in your DAW
- load your project and check if new bluearp picks up all the patch params (better check on several projects)

PS. Just did a quick check - and yes, it's OK except new "gate per step" value bar - it gets messed (since there's no such param in 1.15). Need to update my conversion routine. So let's better postpone this testing until I release v2.08
Lee702 wrote:v2.07 No longer having this problem.
Great, thx for info.

Thank you for your rely, Oleg.
Unfortunately, i haven't found a project using BlueARP (i use it mainly for live jams, stream record to audio, and quite often i don't keep the presets).
I must hav some older projects using it, when i'll open one i'll keep you informed.

Return to “Instruments”