BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

phreaque wrote: ...If I have this bassline arp: pressing single note => produces (note oct up, note oct down)
I want to wrap it within this range:

C3 - B3
When I press C3 => I will get this output: C3, C4
Pressing B3 => makes (B3, B4)
Pressing C4!! Will reproduce again (C3, C4)

What currently is happening, when I press a note which is out of RANGE, I will get a single repeated note (no any octave up note produces).

I hope that I made it clear this time. Thanks for your efforts & support
I think now I got it. You want to apply range+wrap for the input keys (before the arp), not for the output notes as it works now. It's reasonable. I can move existing 'output filter' control to the input filter block and change it's logic this way.

funkystrings wrote:Wow, the more I mess with this bad boy, the more I realize how musical it is compared to other arps. This is just amazing when I feed the Cubase Chord Track feature into it too. I've been trying the new Mac VST beta version for about a week now. It's got a few bugs but those will get worked out and I am very grateful. Thanks so much GreyWolf for investing your time into this and offering it to the world!!

So far I'm just seeing miner bugs with some things not being visible until I either mouse over them or click where they are supposed to appear. I installed 2.05 today and that "High Pitch Saw wave noise" is present as soon as I launch an instance of BlueArp in Cubase 7.5 (this may be what electro is referring to above.) For now I just bring the track volume down to zero as a work around but now and then a buzz in just one channel. I believe it was the left channel returns at times and the only way to get rid of it is to relaunch BlueArp. I don't know if that was addressed in 2.05 but I'll let you know.

Quick question.... what is the path to try the other skins on a Mac running Mavericks?
I know about this GUI bug on Mac, didn't fix it yet. As I don't have real Mac, I run one on virtual machine and it's not nuch convenient to test it. So I'll be grateful for any details / bug reports on Mac.
As a workaround for GUI bug - re-select current skin via the menu.

VST plugins in OSX are expected to be in one of these locations
Macinstosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/
Macinstosh HD:/Users/[username]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

You should place entire contents of the archive there (containing BlueARP.vst, skins folder, etc.)

electro wrote:2.05 High Pitch Saw wave noise is still there.
I installed Cubase 7 demo and yes - I have this noise. At least it's reproduced. Will try to fix.
...FIXED in v2.06
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I will be amazed if you mange to get a solid product developing this way.

Is that really possible ? excuse my ignorance if so.

you could get a mac mini for very little, speculate to accumulate and all that.
graywolf2004 wrote: I know about this GUI bug on Mac, didn't fix it yet. As I don't have real Mac, I run one on virtual machine and it's not nuch convenient to test it.

Update: BlueARP v2.06

Windows:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.06.zip
OSX:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.06.zip

Changes:
1. BugFix: buzz noise in Cubase 7 64 bit
2. BugFix: BlueARP didn't recall preset number in REAPER after project load
3. Minor updates to the manual

graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:http://youtu.be/Ix7c0nBjVJk
Just to show the deep abilities of BlueARP :love:
Thanks for sharing. As I see you use force to scale there. How did it work for you?
Thanks dearest Oleg, that idea was on my mind long time ago to make orchestral composition from BlueARP and yes it is so tight to do such stuff :)
For the "Force To Scale" This feature is impressive, for the pizzicato line, I experienced many interesting chord variations, especially if I specify the note output range & wrapping.
For the French Horn section, also the Force To Scale feature gives a lot of real-time expressions & ability to have realistic variety :tu: :clap:

graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:
I think now I got it. You want to apply range+wrap for the input keys (before the arp), not for the output notes as it works now. It's reasonable. I can move existing 'output filter' control to the input filter block and change it's logic this way.
EXactly! You got it clear :tu: I apologize for my long misleading explanation :) so can you implement this feature? :hyper:

Thanks but for me no one from v2 work, I tried:

Reaper and MiniHost in Windows XP + Sp 2
Only v1.15b3 work but with errors to keyboard playing, lost notes.

OK, so I dumped the old 2.05 BlueArp.vst plugin from my vst folder, downloaded the new 2.06 folder, added all those nice skins by Valentin Zechiu to the skins folder. (Thanks Valentin! I'm digging the "Feeling Blue" skin. And by the way Oleg, could you include his folder in the skins folder for BlueArp to make the updates faster?) Then I put that entire 2.06 folder in my vst folder including the new plugin. All skins now appear but re-selecting a skin only fixes the channel buzz about half the time and sometimes it crashes Cubase. I'm not sure how much of this you need, if any? as I've never sent anyone a crash report before. Here's the upper portion of the crash report that occurred when I tried to change skins.

Process: Cubase 7.5 [24516]
Path: /Applications/Cubase 7.5.app/Contents/MacOS/Cubase 7.5
Identifier: com.steinberg.cubase
Version: 7.5.30.243 (7.5.30.243)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [933]
Responsible: Cubase 7.5 [24516]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-09-15 12:10:25.574 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 41D5F7A1-4579-E7A8-1DB0-6F5F6EF3668B

Sleep/Wake UUID: 0159477A-849F-4D12-AD99-97689A663324

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.graywolf2004.vst.BlueARP 0x00000001a7fdfd62 IBlueSkins::UpdateIniParameter(char*, char*) + 130
1 com.graywolf2004.vst.BlueARP 0x00000001a7fecc19 IBlueMainMenu::DoMainMenu() + 3177
2 com.graywolf2004.vst.BlueARP 0x00000001a7fd162a -[IGraphicsCocoa_vBlueARP_vst mouseDown:] + 202
3 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff87aada58 -[NSWindow sendEvent:] + 11296
4 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff87a4c5d4 -[NSApplication sendEvent:] + 2021
5 com.steinberg.cubase 0x00000001011a9af9 0x100000000 + 18520825
6 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff8789c9f9 -[NSApplication run] + 646
7 com.steinberg.cubase 0x00000001017db05d 0x100000000 + 25014365
8 com.steinberg.cubase 0x00000001015b0941 0x100000000 + 22743361
9 com.steinberg.cubase 0x000000010156ceaa 0x100000000 + 22466218
10 com.steinberg.cubase 0x0000000100dcbe1d 0x100000000 + 14466589
11 com.steinberg.cubase 0x00000001011a93b8 0x100000000 + 18518968
12 com.steinberg.cubase 0x00000001000022b4 0x100000000 + 8884
Last edited by funkystrings on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

funkystrings wrote:OK, so I dumped the old 2.05 BlueArp.vst from my vst folder, downloaded the new 2.06 folder, added all those nice skins by Valentin Zechiu to the skins folder. (Thanks Valentin! I'm digging the "Blue Mood". And by the way Oleg, could you include his folder in the skins folder for BlueArp to make the updates faster?) Then I put that entire 2.06 volder in my vst folder. All skins now appear but re-selecting a skin only fixes the channel buzz about half the time and sometimes it crashes Cubase. I'm not sure how much of this you need,if any? but here's the upper portion of the crash report that occurred when I tried to change skins...
Thanks for detailed report, it tells me exactly where it crashed. I'll try to fix it next weekend.
Now wonder, I have quite quick-made and dirty logic for dealing with ini files, time to make it better.

I can't get the windows 64Bit to hold a skin. The 32bit version works fine.

topaz wrote:I will be amazed if you mange to get a solid product developing this way.

Is that really possible ? excuse my ignorance if so.

you could get a mac mini for very little, speculate to accumulate and all that.
I hope WDL-OL will do most of the job for me. At least, it took me 2-3 months to rewrite all the code on Windows (from 1.1x Delphi version) and only 2 weeks to make it compiled on Mac.
If it works right, I don't need to do a lot of testing on Mac, since I don't call OSX or Windows API directly but via LICE library (Lightweigh Image Composition Engine), which is a part of WDL-OL. I hope I won't take a lot of time to fix all OSX-specific issues. If it will, I'll consider bying mac mini or mac laptop (I was also thinking to buy one for my wife and use it occasionally for testing).
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phreaque wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:
EXactly! You got it clear :tu: I apologize for my long misleading explanation :) so can you implement this feature? :hyper:
Sure I can. The only question for me is whether to keep existing 'output range' and add new 'imput range (wrap)' or change 'output range' and save precious GUI space.

Lee702 wrote:I can't get the windows 64Bit to hold a skin. The 32bit version works fine.
Can you be more specific please? I tested BlueARP.x64 with FL Studio 11 x64, no problems so far.

graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:
Sure I can. The only question for me is whether to keep existing 'output range' and add new 'imput range (wrap)' or change 'output range' and save precious GUI space.
Intersting idea is to put same menu of parameters for key range and wrapping
And then put 2 radio buttons: INPUT RANGE and OUTPUT RANGE
That will save the GUI space :wink:

Return to “Instruments”