OTT is a re-creation of a popular aggressive multiband upwards / downwards compressor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks for the nice words, guys! Glad OTT and the others are getting some use out there :-)

bitcrusher wrote:thanks for the nice words, guys! Glad OTT and the others are getting some use out there :-)
OTT is in perma-use, here.
So glad i found it!
no sig

Was just wondering guys,
when exactly do you use this plugin? as a final sealer (end of mixing, start of mastering)? or during the production?

Do you put it on a send channel that all the drums in the mix are routed to?

i'll be glad if someone can expand on how\when you are using it :oops:

many tnx

bumpster

ferez21 wrote:Was just wondering guys,
when exactly do you use this plugin? as a final sealer (end of mixing, start of mastering)? or during the production?
Many people in aggressive styles of music like it to brighten leads, and to make "wobble" type sounds more aggressive (imagine a LFO filter on a sawtooth, the volume changes drastically with different cutoff frequencies, and something like OTT can level the sound, similar in ways to a limiter, but, well, multiband (constant lows/constant mids/constant highs.. before= wOw wOw wOw.. after = GNASHSGNASHSGNASHS)

I've seen people run 2 or more in series to get insane amounts of levelling. Keep in mind this can bring up noise floor like crazy, so it is good to put a low-level gate before, so you don't add 72 dB of noise to your mix ;)

I love this plug in sooo much, but i wish you could change the crossover frequencies or at least the Mid-High crossover.
I think it's fixed at 2.5kHz, which sometimes results in a buildup of that harsh high-mid area. I use post EQ to compensate, but adjusting the compressor itself would work a lot better, i guess.

Man, OTT + variable XOver + In and Out knobs per band = epic killer compressor.

I think it would not be much effort to change that and I would definitly pay for it!! (ok, lets add per band time and depth an i am sold ) :D

I know i could use live's multiband, but i don't want to use live ;)

steve, if you read this, please tell me your opinion about this.
thank you and kind regards.

DELETED

It has happened :) Stumbled across the update per accident yesterday and almost fell of my chair.
V1.2 is killer and still free. you have made my day, sir. big thanks!!

btw.: What does the "clean XOV" parameter do? frequency and phase response is not affected.

heard about OTT few months ago and been using this for a while now
sounds great!

https://soundcloud.com/user-779234787/ott-demo

one instance of OTT on the master.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Return to “Effects”