Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Yeah, I joke around, but I don't think it will be either. Too bad, so sad......

umm can anybody help me out with the IO in S1 v2 ?

this used to be very simple in ableton LIVE and i am sure it will be in S1 but somehow it eludes me, the manual didn't help either

in LIVE i could route the audio from an instrument/vsti track to as many audio tracks as i wanted (instead of going to master) and pan them - this comes handy when you do some neat stuff with the signal from let's say a DI guitar sample library

isn't this possible with studio one v2 ? somehow i can only route the audio to one bus or fx but that is kind of pointless for what i am trying to accomplish

This?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here it is, will Studio One 3 be multi touch too? I suspect that Cubase 8 will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DDYxZua3JU
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Dewi32 wrote:This?
nah i wasn't talking about multi outs for intruments, i meant the routing the output of an instrument track to a normal stereo or mono audio track, sadly i can only route it to master / bus / fx

but thanks for trying to help

Oh i see, sorry.

Suppose routing it a bus makes little difference? or does it? I also like the flexibilty Ableton (and now bitwig) offer in not differentiating Audio/BUS tracks too.

Well, that's that. See you next year...

Dewi32 wrote:Oh i see, sorry.

Suppose routing it a bus makes little difference? or does it? I also like the flexibilty Ableton (and now bitwig) offer in not differentiating Audio/BUS tracks too.

i hadn't used ableton live in a long time so i described it kinda wrong but you got it anyway :), i like the return / effect tracks ableton live and bitwig offer, sadly i can't seem to find this function in studio one which is kind of a huge bummer because everything else is perfect

the fx tracks & busses don't work the same way sadly

don't want to switch back to ableton live because of the pdc issues and bitwig still doesn't have multi outs - so i am kinda stuck with this issue :(

I left Ableton for S1 for the exact same reasons, i also dislike Ableton's sequencer view- what did it for me though was the awkwardness of drawing automation in Live 9. I find the FX tracks in s1 to be a perfect alternative to to ableton's send/return though. essentially they do the same thing.

Dewi32 wrote:I left Ableton for S1 for the exact same reasons, i also dislike Ableton's sequencer view- what did it for me though was the awkwardness of drawing automation in Live 9. I find the FX tracks in s1 to be a perfect alternative to to ableton's send/return though. essentially they do the same thing.
don't get me started on the automation drawing :)

i'll play around with the fx tracks a bit more maybe i can figure it out

fedexnman wrote:
xNiMiNx wrote:
fedexnman wrote:....who DAT who DAT ...
Its Big Sexy.
Nawlins or New Orleans is known as the Big Easy ... I'm not a NFL Saints Fan .... But the Who dats are pretty funny ... :phones:
http://archive.courier-journal.com/arti ... e-football

Big Sexy is in nawlins waiting for you. :) I thought youve been already, then you would have gotten my joke.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

xNiMiNx wrote:
fedexnman wrote:
xNiMiNx wrote:
fedexnman wrote:....who DAT who DAT ...
Its Big Sexy.
Nawlins or New Orleans is known as the Big Easy ... I'm not a NFL Saints Fan .... But the Who dats are pretty funny ... :phones:
http://archive.courier-journal.com/arti ... e-football

Big Sexy is in nawlins waiting for you. :) I thought youve been already, then you would have gotten my joke.
:love: haha not !!!!

audientronic wrote:Well, that's that. See you next year...
Yep... well it isn't sept 2 here so maybe, just maybe Studio One 3 will be announced. but I highly doubt it.

Nope. It's over. Bored now.

Hey Agit,

You mean this???

http://youtu.be/LdVKiyu2cis

Hope it helps,

Wayne
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.......

Wash

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”