Mopho, the good, the bad. The MiniBrute

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nice one, thank you!

is there a time limit on the discount, by the way? for that price I'm definitely planning on getting it but for financial reasons would prefer to wait...

concealed identity wrote:nice one, thank you!

is there a time limit on the discount, by the way? for that price I'm definitely planning on getting it but for financial reasons would prefer to wait...
It's a pre-order discount so just put your order in before the Minibrute arrives.

During this week i'm finishing the editor(Windows only!) and i'd appreciate beta testing help from users who have Mopho, but wildly different setups from my DAW.

My setup is built around a quadcore AMD Phenom2 CPU, 64bit Win7, Cubase/Reaper/Renoise (32bit)DAWs, 48KHz SR with a latency of 128 samples and M-Audio Delta 1010 for audio and midi i/o.

Possible pitfalls:
1. I also tried the E-MU XMIDI 2x2 for the midi but it didn't support long sysex messages, even tho it has it's own driver. Beware of this problem! Basic Windows driver won't support sysex either. I can build a system inside the plugin that can be used to test this, but for now you need to debug this yourself. If you can patch dump to and from Mopho, everything should be fine.

2. A thing that might cause trouble is low latency. This is caused by the midi-port inside the editor plugin. I would like to know if this is an issue to anyone. If possible, also try this under heavy workloads.
There are several workarounds to avoid glitches if needed, like routing the sequencing data past the editor. But at least for my DAW this isn't needed. Sysex out from the plugin to the host and then to it's midi-port, which would've been the optimal solution, unfortunately never works. Curse the DAWs for this.

Here is the first Beta version, lets call it v0.2:
http://www.mkdr.net/mkdrdemos/MophEd_Beta.zip

It's limited to 2 minutes of use from it's launch, which renews at every launch. The plugin needs rights to access the folder it resides in to save the midi configuration file. It also needs the midi ports to have distinct names(which should be standard right?) to avoid port swapping if the order of the midi devices changes. This is needed for smooth total recall. The GUI is also shrinked down from it's normal size. It's originally fitted for fullHD screens.

If everything goes well the editor should be ready during this week and cost no more than 10 euros.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Uncle E wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Uncle E wrote: I can sell pre-orders of MiniBrute for $399.
Do you ship to the UK at that price (plus postage)? :)
Yes. The site will calculate accurate shipping to the UK.
Ha ... I get a $100 discount using the code, but shipping to the UK is $99 (!). Will have to think about it. ;)

hello, digging the web to complete my cheap list, i've find this one :

http://syntheticmusicsystems.co.uk/

the web site is ridiculous like the MFB
it seems difficult to have more informations/demos

thecontrolcentre wrote:Ha ... I get a $100 discount using the code, but shipping to the UK is $99 (!). Will have to think about it. ;)
Understood! PM me your shipping address and I'll find out if I can do something about that. :)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Uncle E wrote: I can sell pre-orders of MiniBrute for $399.
Do you ship to the UK at that price (plus postage)? :)
Yes. The site will calculate accurate shipping to the UK.
Ha ... I get a $100 discount using the code, but shipping to the UK is $99 (!). Will have to think about it. ;)

haha yeah I live in Japan, so I'm scared to see what the shipping would be! I'm considering having it shipped to a friend/family in the US and having them send it out with some other stuff I've been meaning to have shipped out.

mkdr wrote:During this week i'm finishing the editor(Windows only!) and i'd appreciate beta testing help from users who have Mopho, but wildly different setups from my DAW.

My setup is built around a quadcore AMD Phenom2 CPU, 64bit Win7, Cubase/Reaper/Renoise (32bit)DAWs, 48KHz SR with a latency of 128 samples and M-Audio Delta 1010 for audio and midi i/o.

Possible pitfalls:
1. I also tried the E-MU XMIDI 2x2 for the midi but it didn't support long sysex messages, even tho it has it's own driver. Beware of this problem! Basic Windows driver won't support sysex either. I can build a system inside the plugin that can be used to test this, but for now you need to debug this yourself. If you can patch dump to and from Mopho, everything should be fine.

2. A thing that might cause trouble is low latency. This is caused by the midi-port inside the editor plugin. I would like to know if this is an issue to anyone. If possible, also try this under heavy workloads.
There are several workarounds to avoid glitches if needed, like routing the sequencing data past the editor. But at least for my DAW this isn't needed. Sysex out from the plugin to the host and then to it's midi-port, which would've been the optimal solution, unfortunately never works. Curse the DAWs for this.

Here is the first Beta version, lets call it v0.2:
http://www.mkdr.net/mkdrdemos/MophEd_Beta.zip

It's limited to 2 minutes of use from it's launch, which renews at every launch. The plugin needs rights to access the folder it resides in to save the midi configuration file. It also needs the midi ports to have distinct names(which should be standard right?) to avoid port swapping if the order of the midi devices changes. This is needed for smooth total recall. The GUI is also shrinked down from it's normal size. It's originally fitted for fullHD screens.

If everything goes well the editor should be ready during this week and cost no more than 10 euros.
Awesome. I will try to take a look at it this weekend if I have time and then report back. Thanks for making this a reasonable price as well!

Hey guys,

Sorry but we're ending the $100 pre-order discount on the Minibrute on Arturia's request. Please e-mail or PM me if you have any concerns.

noooooooooooooo

kinda curious why though...I would assume you buy them from Arturia and then can sell them for whatever price you want?

Uncle E wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry but we're ending the $100 pre-order discount on the Minibrute on Arturia's request. Please e-mail or PM me if you have any concerns.
that was an insane price!!!!

dw

concealed identity wrote:noooooooooooooo
Listen, just PM me, I'll work it out for you. :)
kinda curious why though...I would assume you buy them from Arturia and then can sell them for whatever price you want?
Actually, I can sell them for whatever price I want, I'm just not allowed to advertise it. PM me and I'll take care of you.

Uncle E wrote:I can sell them for whatever price I want.
Cool. How much for a Minitaur? 8)

Dogboy73 wrote:Cool. How much for a Minitaur? 8)
Good question! I created a new coupon code called "analog100" that gives a $100 pre-order discount on new analogs coming out in 2012. So far there are only three synths that qualify (you'll have to figure out which they are ;)) but tell me about anything new you guys want and I'll add them to the list.

another cheap mono synth :
http://www.technosaurus.ch/microcon2.htm

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”