Pictures of your builds!

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is firmly in the category of function over form. It's ugly as sin and it's been through A LOT over the past 17 years, but it is solid as a rock, sounds great and, well, I love it. "Uh, what am I looking at?", I hear you saying.

This is what happens when you can't actually afford to buy a proper 2x12 cab, but you really want one and your neighbor is nice enough to let you use their table saw on occasion. Inspired by the look of Jerry Garcia's backline, it's a 5-ply birch closed-back, sealed cab loaded with Celestion Greenbacks and designed for a 440Hz resonance (whether or not that was truly achieved is up for some debate =). The sides are mitered at 45 degrees to produce flush edges (I didn't have any experience with Tolex and I didn't want butt joints). I used good ol' Pink Panther for the acoustic stuffing, which is the one thing I probably would change next time: use proper batting. Once upon time there were grill covers, but I eventually took them off after it no longer went on the road with me...and of course I immediately dented the right. It's missing a few bolts, kind of like its owner.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat, but probably stain it or Tolex it this time around. Who knows, maybe I'll do a 2x10 in another 10 years!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pictures of your builds!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Here's my newly-completed MIDI ribbon controller (with Yoshimi). :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeE5BE_ ... =BenGlover

That's really cool! Great work!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
photo1696849457.jpeg
I have been working on a hardware modular synth that uses some of the Cardinal/VCV Rack compatible modules to implement a polyphonic modular. Hardware panels define what modules are in the patch and provide the control and monitoring of that module. Push buttons allow patching instead of cables with backlit colour indication of their purpose. The aim is to provide a more accessible modular experience by reducing the cost of a system. You still have the ability to build your own unique system and have the tactile, hands-on, physical control but lose the cables, add polyphony and reduce cost. What do you think? Is this something you would be interested in? I have created a website for it: https://riban.square.site (https://riban.square.site). I demonstrated a prototype at Synthfest UK 2023 last weekend where everyone I spoke to really liked the idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That’s a really cool idea! Your build looks really nice too. I like the colors. The use of RGB LED buttons for patching is a good idea.
I’m not sure if this is something I would use but it’s a great concept. I’m sure lots of others would be interested.

I am playing with colours - some like flat, consistent colours like all black or grey whilst others like it more funky. This colour scheme is somewhere between the two - distinguising different panel types from each other. I am not sure yet whether production costs will permit such a range of colours but it is good to test what works and what does not.

RGB LED buttons had to be designed from scratch because surprisingly, this is not an off-the-shelf commodity! There is still much refinement to be made but progress continues to be rapid.

riban wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:59 am RGB LED buttons had to be designed from scratch because surprisingly, this is not an off-the-shelf commodity! There is still much refinement to be made but progress continues to be rapid.
I’ve looked for this very item (10mm) off-the-shelf as well and came up empty. Can you share the design?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Custom Midi Controller....should be going up on kickstarter in the next month or so

Download SOphist wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:07 am Already posted one of mine guitars, so I guess it's ok to post another. Here's my last, a 7 string left hand guitar.

Thanks for looking!
Miguel.
Wow, the inlay is gorgeous!

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”