Pictures of your builds!

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Hink wrote:my TS clone I built and love has a switch for a two led option :tu:
Nice! Whose PCB did you use? I'd be interested in the mod. I'm not going to iron my own boards like the old days though :hihi:
GGG kit with mods
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Hink wrote:my TS clone I built and love has a switch for a two led option :tu:
Nice! Whose PCB did you use? I'd be interested in the mod. I'm not going to iron my own boards like the old days though :hihi:
GGG kit with mods
Ah, the Keeley mod and voicing options. I actually had my TS9DX modded by Keeley back when they still did that stuff as a main business. Awesome pedal.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Well, I finished the box. I screwed up a couple of things like the label position on the pots. I've already dropped a heavy object on it. And, it doesn't work :D although bypass mode works. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at doing enclosure graphics/painting. Learned a lot. It'll be way easier next time.

Now to troubleshoot the damn thing. As simple as the circuit is, I can't imagine what I've got screwed up.

EDIT: Found it. When I was tilting in the pcb I pinched the ground lead from the input jack. Phew, super simple.

SJ_Digriz wrote:Well, I finished the box. I screwed up a couple of things like the label position on the pots. I've already dropped a heavy object on it. And, it doesn't work :D although bypass mode works. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at doing enclosure graphics/painting. Learned a lot. It'll be way easier next time.

Now to troubleshoot the damn thing. As simple as the circuit is, I can't imagine what I've got screwed up.

EDIT: Found it. When I was tilting in the pcb I pinched the ground lead from the input jack. Phew, super simple.
the graphics are awesome, what did you use? :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I just searched google for "rat images" downloaded a jpg and sized/colored it in paint.net. And did layers for the various pot holes and labels. Then I just printed it on water slide paper. It's actually pretty easy if you use the right waterslide paper and get used to the trial and error approach to finding the right spot for the pot holes. I used the wrong kind transfer paper on this one, but it still worked with a bit more effort than would have been required if I used the clear waterslide.

SJ_Digriz wrote:Image
Looks great. The printing looks well done and I like the color.

justin3am wrote: Looks great. The printing looks well done and I like the color.
Thanks Justin, I'm an MU guy so it's always been a PITA to figure out how to get white on black. But, maybe I'll just suck it up and do light backgrounds on my DIY modules from now on and do my own panel graphics. It wasn't near as hard as I thought it would be.

SJ_Digriz wrote:I just searched google for "rat images" downloaded a jpg and sized/colored it in paint.net. And did layers for the various pot holes and labels. Then I just printed it on water slide paper. It's actually pretty easy if you use the right waterslide paper and get used to the trial and error approach to finding the right spot for the pot holes. I used the wrong kind transfer paper on this one, but it still worked with a bit more effort than would have been required if I used the clear waterslide.
that's what I thought...I think I'm too lazy but once I move and my workshop is not my living room, dining room and entertainment room maybe that will change ;)

Hink wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:I just searched google for "rat images" downloaded a jpg and sized/colored it in paint.net. And did layers for the various pot holes and labels. Then I just printed it on water slide paper. It's actually pretty easy if you use the right waterslide paper and get used to the trial and error approach to finding the right spot for the pot holes. I used the wrong kind transfer paper on this one, but it still worked with a bit more effort than would have been required if I used the clear waterslide.
that's what I thought...I think I'm too lazy but once I move and my workshop is not my living room, dining room and entertainment room maybe that will change ;)
It's weird when the painting of the box takes 50x more time than the building of the circuit.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Hink wrote:
It's weird when the painting of the box takes 50x more time than the building of the circuit.
but worth it :tu:

SJ_Digriz wrote:I just searched google for "rat images"...
Just as a sidenote... and probably an in-joke...

You are aware that you painted a (first gen) Pokemon on your pedal FX?
It's a "Raticate"... :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:I just searched google for "rat images"...
Just as a sidenote... and probably an in-joke...

You are aware that you painted a (first gen) Pokemon on your pedal FX?
It's a "Raticate"... :hihi:

I wont say anything elsewhere, promise :hihi:

lol, as a matter of fact I am aware. My daughter thought it was funny. And it fit. So ..... it is what it is.

So the pedal is along the lines of a "RAT clone"? Well, then it's definitely fitting. Glad that we're on the same page. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Just finished an Auduino - the arduino-based synth. I added a chorus and a delay and made it more controllable with a joystick and oversized knob to twiddle the chromatic scale. Here's a couple of pics:

I used the Notes and Volts tutorials for the Auduino and built a PT2399 delay based on the Small Time Delay by Valve Wizard. The chorus is the guts of an old Danelectro Fab pedal.

Here's a brief video of it in action - not the best audio as it's recorded with the camera's built in mic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOCPlrHJwm8
Last edited by knockman on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”