PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Thanks

New versions (2016-04-17) uploaded. These should fix the clicks when switching on the ring modulation.

Please, note that the aliasing noise with fast filter modulation has not yet been addressed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... eezxa?dl=0

If there are not more major bug reports on this, I will make it (finally) the first official release.

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote:New versions (2016-04-17) uploaded. These should fix the clicks when switching on the ring modulation.

Please, note that the aliasing noise with fast filter modulation has not yet been addressed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... eezxa?dl=0

If there are not more major bug reports on this, I will make it (finally) the first official release.

Cheers,
Martin
Hi Martin.

I been using it for a while now in FLStudio 12 and I been doing some serious stuff with it. It is stable. No funny behavior or crashes. It works like a charm. I been using up to 8 instances in one song together with many FX plugins, drums and other stuff, and still the CPU is okay. You have done a really great job :clap: ..I am impressed.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

martin_l wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Where is the latest version of this for Mac?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... Veezxa?dl=
Hi Martin

I see that there is a new AU component. Would you mind changing the folder name 'MAC-AU discontinued' to 'MAC-AU'? Or is AU still "abandoned"?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:
martin_l wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Where is the latest version of this for Mac?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... Veezxa?dl=
Hi Martin

I see that there is a new AU component. Would you mind changing the folder name 'MAC-AU discontinued' to 'MAC-AU'? Or is AU still "abandoned"?
Hi.

I do regularly compile a new AU version, if I had major changes to the code. I do not currently rename the directory, as the AU still has major issues with the patch system, which is not working.

So, the AU is not abandoned, but also not in a stage where I would say that it is a working plugin. Much more work is required to fix the issues.

Martin

martin_l wrote:Please, note that the aliasing noise with fast filter modulation has not yet been addressed.
Will it be addressed at a later date? :)

EvilDragon wrote:
martin_l wrote:Please, note that the aliasing noise with fast filter modulation has not yet been addressed.
Will it be addressed at a later date? :)
Yes, I will look into it. It requires a bit more investigation on the real causes of the noise first.

Martin

This is such a great plugin martin!!! This plugin and the SQ8L plugin have completely replaced my Roland JX-8P and my Ensoniq ESQ-1. I'm ready to sell them now! :-)

Thank you!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:This is such a great plugin martin!!! This plugin and the SQ8L plugin have completely replaced my Roland JX-8P and my Ensoniq ESQ-1. I'm ready to sell them now! :-)

Thank you!!
don't sell the Ensoniq ESQ-1 :D
it's a completely different animal, JX8P can't emulate that.
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Oh, I know sergiofrias, but the SQ8L plugin (as I mentioned above), does a great job of emulating it. It actually emulates the Ensoniq SQ-80 which has more waveforms than the ESQ-1, and floppy drive storage, but the SQ8L is sufficient for me for that keyboard. :-) The PG8X does a great job of emulating my JX-8P. :-) So, I really don't need either of those old dinosaurs anymore. :-) Software is more convenient and the upkeep is cheaper! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

SQ8L was discontinued. Somebody should find out what the dev needs to reactivate the project and port it to x64.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:SQ8L was discontinued. Somebody should find out what the dev needs to reactivate the project and port it to x64.
Or, if the developer really cant afford the time anymore, maybe he could pass it on to somebody else, or make it open source. It would be great to see the SQ8L finished.

electro wrote:SQ8L was discontinued. Somebody should find out what the dev needs to reactivate the project and port it to x64.
And port it to Mac OS while he's at it… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

martin_l wrote:
Or, if the developer really cant afford the time anymore, maybe he could pass it on to somebody else, or make it open source. It would be great to see the SQ8L finished.
Agreed!! :-)

I think the dev of SQ8L is probably unplugged from Internet for the last few years, at least as far as SQ8L is concerned. I don't think he seems eager to do anything about it, sadly.

Return to “Instruments”