One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Taron wrote:Because of what I wrote above! :shrug: ...seems to work well jbridged.
JBridge is a piece of crap on my system. It rarely makes a synth usable and one of the most disappointing purchases I've made in regard to my music business.

You've BOUGHT jbridge? Wasn't it free? Hmmm...maybe I should shut up now, just in case... :scared:
:oops:
Last edited by Taron on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taron wrote:You've BOUGHT jbridge? Wasn't it free? Hmmm...maybe I should shut up now, just in case... :scared:
No, JBridge wasn't free. I bought it when I first set up my DAW and downloaded a bunch of free 32 bit VSTs that didn't work well. JBridge did make some of them work but some still didn't. It's kind of hit and miss with that thing. It's not 100%. I'd say my success rate with plugs is about 66% which isn't horrible but not what I was expecting.

Hmmm...might've been a crack after all, not sure... :oops: :?

wagtunes wrote:
Taron wrote:Because of what I wrote above! :shrug: ...seems to work well jbridged.
JBridge is a piece of crap on my system. It rarely makes a synth usable and one of the most disappointing purchases I've made in regard to my music business.
Thankfully it's only 15 euros

I run Atlantis in 64-bit Reaper on Win7 x64 with Reaper's built in bridging. 0 Problems ever. Only niggle is there is a bit of a wait for the gui to appear when I select the plugin.

Btw the unusual envelope system is only annoying to work with until you know how the modifier keys can help (it's described in the manual). Plus there is this skin which makes them even easier to use. Right-drag on parameters to define modulation range is flipping genius. And where is this new beta I'm hearing about??

A german musician website released a freeware synth TOP 50 today.

https://www.amazona.de/special-top-50-f ... gins-2015/

they scored 1 point each for
sound, usability, integration in DAW, platform availability and unique features

Many of the synths we already had here. There are some interesting candidates left.

Cheers
MTLE

MTLE wrote:A german musician website released a freeware synth TOP 50 today.

Many of the synths we already had here. There are some interesting candidates left.

Cheers
MTLE
A lot of greats in there. We still have a LOT of windows synths to go :) Whats your top 3 from that list?

bjporter wrote:

Cheers
MTLE
A lot of greats in there. We still have a LOT of windows synths to go :) Whats your top 3 from that list?
I think I'll have a qiuck try out tonight ;)

What I already have use outside OSC is TranceDrive, E-MU Proteus VX, Scylla and basic 65.
Some I find interesting from description are already done like Sonigen, Tunefish, Noisemaker

Bothers me that most are 32 bit only... it's kinda tedious to bridge them all. But- hey- they're free!
I find it most convenient to scour for free 64 bit synths on http://www.vst4free.com

Ah, the memories... my 1st OSC's synth is there, the Full Bucket synth with which I came in dead last is there, as well as the Full Bucket synth which was the most fun I've had in an OSC. We simply *must* have a Full Bucket synth before the year is out. :hihi:

Cheers
MTLE

psmacmur wrote:Ah, the memories... my 1st OSC's synth is there, the Full Bucket synth with which I came in dead last is there, as well as the Full Bucket synth which was the most fun I've had in an OSC. We simply *must* have a Full Bucket synth before the year is out. :hihi:
Anyone who completes an OSC is a winner :hug:

Ok, back from quick check...

Part 1
Vaccin -> Sound :D GUI 8) Features :tu:
Brzoza -> Sound :D GUI :roll: Features :tu:
Anubis 2 -> Sound :D GUI 8) Features :clap:
Brainstormer -> Sound :wheee: GUI 8) Features :party:
FormantClassic -> Sound :phones: GUI 8) Features :!:
M-Theory -> Sound :hyper: GUI :shrug: Features :o

Part2
Deputy Mark II -> Sound 8) GUI :neutral: Features :)
Nabla-> Sound 8) GUI :neutral: Features :uhuhuh:
Kamioooka -> Sound :o GUI :o Features :o
NitrousPD -> Sound :wheee: GUI :bang: Features :love:
Nucleum -> Sound :D GUI :help: Features :o
TwinBass -> Sound :tu: GUI 8) Features :hihi:

Last one suggests to be Bass synth only, but has octaves (-2 ... +2) and noise, handful waveforms, nice filter. Could get some other sounds rthan bass. It's worth a look. Hope you can read my voting.

I haven't tested full functionality. Just some quick changes on the presets if available.
My favourites are Brainstormer and NitousPD for craziness of sound. FormantClassic for most solid sound. Kamioooka would be interesting of modular concept.

I splitted because my message contained to many smileys. Don't know what they mean exactly :?:

That is truly a clever and fantastic voting system. Feel free to go ahead and review all the synths on the internets that way :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”