Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Uncle E wrote:I used to like to run really bright guitars into really dark amps. It creates a Dolby type of effect, where the darkness of the amp also kills a lot of the noise. Unfortunately, after a while, I really noticed how different the amp responds this way, even with clean tones.
As I adjusted the PUPs, all the dynamics went out too. Basically by completely taming the highs, either by amp or setup, you basically kill the dynamic range of the guitar. At least that's how it is seeming to me. This is all new territory for me though. So, very much a learning experience. A year from now I'll probably figure out what an idiot I am dealing with this.
Experience is how we all learn when chasing the holy grail of tone. Your holy grail tone is unique to you. Which makes it near impossible for anyone else (including me) to offer advice on what will work. All we can do is recount what has worked for us.

That being said don't forget the band and the venue....Much of the tone is affected by hearing it in context of other instruments and the room.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

That's really true. Lately I've been recording more than practicing and that has me favoring the bridge pickup much more since it stands out more in the mix. Same goes for bass.

Uncle E wrote:I've never been fond of Tele neck pickups so I'm looking at pairing a Dimarzio Area 58 or Area 67 neck with an Area T 615 bridge.
Me neither, but I've never got round to replacing my neck pickup. I just don't know what sound I would look for from it - it would definitely have to be something different from the existing pickup.

What kind of sound do you get from the Area pickups on the neck?
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote:What kind of sound do you get from the Area pickups on the neck?
We put an Area 61 in the neck position of a strat with a Bluesbreaker humbucker in the bridge. That's a killer combination, it's a really balanced sounding guitar. For the Area T 615, I thought the Area 67 would be a good match but tapper mike made the point about it not fitting the pickguard. With that in mind, I'm going to try the standard Area T neck except I'm not going to wire it to the tone pot. I'm hoping that will give me the balance I'm looking for.

btw, my Tele has the 4-position switch but the 4th position is broken and doesn't output sound. Now I use it as my kill switch.

Uncle E wrote:I thought the Area 67 would be a good match but tapper mike made the point about it not fitting the pickguard.
However, for 20 bucks...

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Telecaster- ... p_741.html
Sweet child in time...

Very cool! Thanks! Now I just have to pick a color. :)

Going to try and score this..An Aria Pro II Urchin 100.
Wish me luck.

active Dimarzios with 3 levels of boost and phase switching.Image
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Oh my... :o

Is it OK to mention Amps in this thread or should I start a new? I'm starting to think of a new one to go with the GS. I have a Blackheart 5w combo, which is great, but want something a bit more flexible with reverb. I'm looking at VHTs but heard quite a few stories of build issues.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

werp wrote:Going to try and score this..An Aria Pro II Urchin 100.
Not enough switches, but lime green case lining is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

khanyz wrote:Is it OK to mention Amps in this thread or should I start a new? I'm starting to think of a new one to go with the GS. I have a Blackheart 5w combo, which is great, but want something a bit more flexible with reverb. I'm looking at VHTs but heard quite a few stories of build issues.
What is a GS?

^

Sorry, Gordon-Smith (Korina GS1.5-60). I posted images earlier in the thread.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p6094976

Did you see that new Vox? The price is relatively low compared to other Vox's and it has reverb:

https://www.jrrshop.com/vox-ac10-custom

Uncle E wrote:Did you see that new Vox? The price is relatively low compared to other Vox's and it has reverb:

https://www.jrrshop.com/vox-ac10-custom
I'm a big Jam fan so I thought of Vox. The only thing is the guitar is trebly on it's own so it may be OTT.

I hadn't seen that model before and the specs/price look good. I like 10" speakers for recording. Is the reverb a tank or digital? I'm avoiding digital anything in an amp.

Thanks, I'll add it to my list. I want to have a semi-focused play in the local music shop and buy there.

Yup, digital reverb. I prefer spring reverb, too, but a bad spring reverb is worse than digital reverb. The lowest cost amps I can think of with good spring reverbs are the original Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and Blues Jr. I removed the high pass filter from my Hot Rod Deluxe's reverb and that made it sound really great.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”