Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had great fortune on ebay. On Reverb it's all very pretty, and everything seems to be priced a bit higher.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

SJ_Digriz wrote:Beautiful SG ... I'd probably keep it away from that vent.
No kidding.... :dog: Fortunately the vent isn't active. :wink:
I've had great fortune on ebay. On Reverb it's all very pretty, and everything seems to be priced a bit higher.
Spot on....Mike! There are deals to be had on eBay. On eBay you can find "used" guitars and "old" guitars. The same guitars on Reverb will be labeled "vintage" guitars and will be priced accordingly.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Hopefully it plays well.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

foosnark wrote:I have a Rogue Jersey Lightning lap steel coming, should atrrive here tomorrow. I understand it's several notches above Rogue's beginner-level instrument, but it's discontinued so mine's a used one.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/natche ... t.jpg.html

I've never played steel, so it'll be an adventure. Should sing a lot better with my ebow than my fretless bass does, though!
Here's some pedal steel we tracked through our Panther ribbon mics:

http://soundcloud.com/jrrshop/panther-o ... nthers-mix

fedexnman wrote:Anybody here bought or sold off of reverb.com ? Seems like it may be better than eBay .
It's kind of like the old days of eBay. There isn't as much traffic as eBay but they charge less and there's less chance of getting ripped off as a seller. I've found prices to be lower there than on eBay, mainly because of their low fees. I hate eBay now.

Uncle E wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Anybody here bought or sold off of reverb.com ? Seems like it may be better than eBay .
It's kind of like the old days of eBay. There isn't as much traffic as eBay but they charge less and there's less chance of getting ripped off as a seller. I've found prices to be lower there than on eBay, mainly because of their low fees. I hate eBay now.
Thanks I'll probably try to sell there sometime.

Well, I'm liking my Jersey Lightning pretty well so far. The only flaw I (as someone who's never played steel before) can find is when sitting on an almost flat desk, there's not quite enough room for the tuners for the middle two strings, so it needs to be elevated a bit. It's possible I'm committing some kind of mortal sin by playing it on my desk instead of my lap, but there it is.

The pickup is nowhere near as hot as the one in my bass. I can preamp it to acceptable levels though, and the tone is good.

It came tuned to C7 because apparently the previous owner was a madman. I immediately switched to C6, then dropped to open E and I'll probably stick with that. It wants heavier gauge strings for that tuning, although lighter gauge are supposed to be more eBow-friendly so I'm undecided.

As far as eBowing it goes, the strings are too far apart at the bridge to sit in the eBow's grooves, but I'm used to that from fretless bass. It will sit on its own at about the third fret marker, which is okay if I just want to play open strings. Ah well. I might build my own eBow-like device wide enough to trigger all 6 strings, or more ambitiously, one which can select individual strings. A motorized wheel bow might be fun too.

I don't have a proper slide yet -- I have an old glass slide that's way too light, and a 5/8" socket that's just a bit too short. I also don't have finger picks yet and have been flat picking. (Hurry up, Amazon.)

foosnark wrote:I might build my own eBow-like device wide enough to trigger all 6 strings, or more ambitiously, one which can select individual strings. A motorized wheel bow might be fun too.
Maybe try a motorized fingernail buffer?

That's a thought. Hmm.

hibidy wrote:Image
I'm not letting this one die. You gotta get it, hibidy!

i just got a 1978 Ibanez CN100. it weighs a f**king ton.

"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Latest bass, Ibanez SR650. Was in the market for a P or P/J and stumbled across this new model with Nordstrand-designed pickups. The low price gave me pause at first (I guess we get conditioned to think really good stuff doesn't come cheap), but I ordered one anyway. Sounds more or less like a P with plenty of body and that throaty growl, way more comfy to play than any P I've played with that slimline SR neck, and half the price of a Fender Am. Std. P. Makes a nice companion to my "Ibanberger" (SRT900 with EMG's).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

What's not to love?
Unfortunately, I probably can't stretch to it. It's attracting lots of interest.Image
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Vectorman wrote:Latest bass, Ibanez SR650. Was in the market for a P or P/J and stumbled across this new model with Nordstrand-designed pickups.
That's interesting. So is the J pickup hum canceling?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”