Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow looks great.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

wow werp, that's super sweet.

I've made progress on the roasted flame maple neck project. I have pretty much everything except the pickups now. I went with a Shoreline Gold Strat body, with a custom pickguard. Wilkenson Trem. It will be a 5 way switch using 2 and 4 as hum cancelling autosplit. Going with the new White BKP Blackhawks with a Cobra in the middle position.

If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

lol... so i check back into this thread, and with all of the pictures -- begin to get a(nother) case of GAS. maybe this calls for checking out a monoprice $100 guitar (or 3) for the time being...

Xiangqi wrote:lol... so i check back into this thread, and with all of the pictures -- begin to get a(nother) case of GAS. maybe this calls for checking out a monoprice $100 guitar (or 3) for the time being...
Secretly I think Uncle E sponsors this thread :D

werp wrote:Image
Stunning! So you'll be doing twangy country-Americana on this tele? ;)

SJ_Digriz wrote:Secretly I think Uncle E sponsors this thread :D
I would if I could! :D

Uncle E wrote:
Doubt it. The builder is very much into heavy metal. I think his guitars are designed to spontaneously combust if they sense a hint of country.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Uncle E wrote:
I've seen more then a few aussie's who can kick arse and take names when it comes to country playing. But tele's can do so much more .
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Hence the ;), I can't imagine country on a 7-strong fanned fretboard. ;)

I forgot, I'm also making a bid for this thing tomorrow.
I know you all think it's awful.....

werp wrote: I know you all think it's awful.....
HAH, yes it's awful. But in that really awesomely awful way. Kind of like a movie that's so bad it's good.

In a fit of generosity (read stupidity) I donated my Peavey Generation to charity. To replace it as my very cheap and cheerful guitar (for chucking around and testing parts) I'm thinking this (Ibanez GAX30) at £100:
None in my local shop though so is it worth a blind buy?
I'm also looking for a new wraparound bridge for my Gordon Smith GS1.5. Are the ResoMax ones worth the silly money or just go TonePros?
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

The fanned fret Ormsby is ordered. Now the wait (& the paying for) begins.
here's the mock up of the six string version (mine). The earlier photos are of the seven stringer.
Oh yeah, it's a six piece bridge, not one big lump of metal so there's string isolation.
Last edited by werp on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

khanyz wrote:Are the ResoMax ones worth the silly money or just go TonePros?
Aluminum Wilkinson wraparounds ought to sound similar to the ResoMax and are cheap on eBay. Make sure to find an aluminum one.

werp wrote:Ordering one of these on Sunday. Six string version that won't be delivered until February next year. Swamp Ash, maple cap, bolt on maple neck and ebony fingerboard. Any colour you want as long as it's trans black.
http://www.ormsbyguitars.com/
Oh, you bugger!! No wonder I have a bit longer to wait for mine.... :help: :cry: :hihi: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”