Loomer String Synthesizer 1.1 - Native 64-bit / Separate Effects Plugin / New Presets

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UPDATE: String is now available. More information, including audio samples and a demo can be found here.

Next week should, unless hindered by unforeseen circumstances, see the release of our next product, String.

String is a virtual instrument that emulates the beautiful sound of the polyphonic string synthesizer. Its authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology and bucket-brigade chorus units behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.

If you're interested in hearing it in action, there are a few audio samples posted over at the Loomer blog.
Last edited by colin@loomer on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

CPB wrote:Next week should, unless hindered by unforeseen circumstances, see the release of our next product, String.

String is a virtual instrument that emulates the beautiful sound of the polyphonic string synthesizer. Its authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology and bucket-brigade chorus units behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.

If you're interested in hearing it in action, there are a few audio samples posted over at the Loomer blog.
That last one sounds alarmingly like the start of Geogaddi. Really rich. Nice.
Anger is a sublimated desire for control.

Sounding lush Colin... good effort! :)

@Madrayken Thanks, and well spotted: that particular preset is actually called Geogaddi in tribute. As an aside, I'm now full time back on Aspect for a while, and that bug you raised regarding envelope release time has been fixed. I aim to get an Aspect build out shortly; the only thing holding me back is deciding whether to include several of the new Aspect features I've been working on, or just make the next release a bug-fixing one...

@taoyoyo And thanks to you (and the other beta-testers) too! Your advice and suggestions were invaluable and really helped with the final polish.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I'm looking forward to trying this out - been after some decent string sounds for a while.

And another Linux VST :D :D :D

CPB wrote:
@taoyoyo And thanks to you (and the other beta-testers) too! Your advice and suggestions were invaluable and really helped with the final polish.
... You're welcome Colin, happy to help and proud to have had a little involvement in this beastie, it really does sound fantastic! :)

Madrayken wrote:That last one sounds alarmingly like the start of Geogaddi. Really rich. Nice.
yes, indeed ;)

String is now available. More information, including audio samples and a demo can be found here.

BUMP for the most musical and lush sounding string machine emulation yet. Incredible warm sound that doesnt hurt the CPU! Amber sounds pathetic compared to this.

It's an absolutely fabulous sounding piece of software, definitely going into my xmas stocking - :D

Thanks for the positive feedback guys: so glad everyone seems to be loving String!

fridtjof wrote:BUMP for the most musical and lush sounding string machine emulation yet. Incredible warm sound that doesnt hurt the CPU! Amber sounds pathetic compared to this.
Lol, you put into words what I didn't want to. :hihi:
I spent the whole day with this thing, it's a new benchmark for usability and sound (for string machines that is).

The only other things that are at this level are Alienmachine's wonderful Reaktor ensembles.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

The Reaktor ensembles are not as flexible as this. You can seriously make some ripping basses with those lovely filters (and phaser!).

I would love to buy this, though I set myself to only spend 100 bucks a month on my home studio setup (though I do buy some stuff through the company).
I'll show this to my director and see if he wants to add String and throw out the old Omni!

Great stuff! Thanks!

I agree - downloaded the demo yesterday, the sounds blew me away! Hopefully it's not to late to put it on my Christmas list...

One thing I did notice, using it in Renoise, the CPU meter (in String) would hover around 10-11% (depending on the patch selected) with no notes playing. Not sure if that's normal or not...

Tested in Renoise on Ubuntu Studio 8.04.

Return to “Loomer”