Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe not? I don't know ;-).

Nspace wrote:Uncle E
Just saw your Antares THROAT Evo Physical Modeling Vocal Designer Plugin offer
(haven't seen this soft before) and looks simply stunning.
The thing is my navigation rules, don't allow me to buy ilok dongle requiring soft...

Any hope of Antares changing rails in this regard? or possibly just needs the ilok software for the installation (like GRM does now) and then no more software, USB ??
Looks simply amazing. On a negative expectative, is there any other plug in with similar features?
Thanks
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I just saw this. I haven't heard anything about them possibly changing their licensing system.

BBFG# wrote: Seems strange to me that companies like this that use their anti-piracy protection (whether it be iLok/PACE/eLicenser/ or their own form of it) end up having to find ways to sell it cheap or give it away...
I wonder if they ever do a cost/analysis to find if if they lose more money by paranoia than they do any actual piracy. I'm sure they have nice products and I know there are a few customers that don't mind the intrusion software. But it sure keeps me from ever becoming a customer, even if they're giving it away.
I've said it before that the deep discounts are the MAIN reason I own anything Waves. I actually think they make pretty good stuff but I'm not willing to pay more than $50 for software that I can't switch hassle free back and forth between two machines (I can actually but their stated process requires either a dongle or a non remote manageable software lock).

In my mind, software with single machine activation that can't be remotely managed (ie I can't transfer to my current machine if it's on another machine) should be priced LOWER than the ones that are allowed to roam freely (IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, etc). And I've shown my appreciation through my wallet!

Well argued, frankz00.
Waves make great stuff, yet with several drawbacks.
Buying them cheap is one way to "solve" this. I don't mind too much about WUP and other things if I buy quality plugs at low prices. Should I really need updates later, I'll WUP them then or buy new stuff, cheap but good.

For the most part, waves plugins cover an area of production that is out of my range of abilities to use and most likely hear or differentiate from each other (compressor A vs B or whatever) or basic stuff included in Live and Cubase. Their two instruments (are there more?) don't grab me in any way.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:For the most part, waves plugins cover an area of production that is out of my range of abilities to use and most likely hear or differentiate from each other (compressor A vs B or whatever) or basic stuff included in Live and Cubase. Their two instruments (are there more?) don't grab me in any way.
I agree with you about a lot of their plugins but Scheps 73, NLS, and the Abbey Road stuff are all significantly different (better, IMO) from built-in DAW plugins.

I used to think Element was pretty good sounding for the relatively little CPU it uses. I used it quite a bit back when DIVA was a bigger CPU hog. Now that my computer is faster and DIVA has gotten more efficient, though, I don't use it at all.

Uncle E wrote: I agree with you about a lot of their plugins but Scheps 73, NLS, and the Abbey Road stuff are all significantly different (better, IMO) from built-in DAW plugins.
That's how I see it too. Faithful emulations like Scheps 73 and NLS are fine examples of what I love from the Waves catalogue. Looking out for the Abbey Road bundle :hyper:

Uncle E wrote:IK Multimedia buy one, get up to 4 free Group Buy! Buy any T-RackS Single and automatically receive a second one of equal or lesser value free when you register, plus get more free when more people join the Group Buy. Receive an automatic extra 15% off in cart at JRR Shop:

jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia

How the Group Buy works:

Buy 1 Get 1 Free*
Buy 1 Get 2 Free* when 500 registrations are reached
Buy 1 Get 3 Free* when 1,000 registrations are reached
Buy 1 Get 4 Free* when 2,000 registrations are reached

*Free product must be of equal or lesser value of the purchased item. We recommend the Master EQ 432 since that will give you access to ALL T-RackS Singles as your free plugins:

jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-432

Full rules and FAQ for the IK Multimedia Group Buy may be found here:

jrrshop.com/features/ik-group-buy
An IK sale without a dedicated thread by an IK rep or any hint on the IK web site? Are you by chance jumping the gun, Uncle?

---

The most important question regarding this sale is of course: does gear bought in the custum shop qualify, too? I doubt it, but who knows... That would be awesome, though, I still have quite a bunch of credits :hihi:

Here at IK's site...and yes, you can use the custom shop for your purchase! (see the FAQ)

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trgb/

jsp1979 wrote:Here at IK's site...and yes, you can use the custom shop for your purchase! (see the FAQ)

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trgb/
Awesome, it works indeed! I picked up the 432 using gear credits in the CS and I can now pick another in the user area. Great work, IK!

Fleer wrote:
Uncle E wrote: I agree with you about a lot of their plugins but Scheps 73, NLS, and the Abbey Road stuff are all significantly different (better, IMO) from built-in DAW plugins.
That's how I see it too. Faithful emulations like Scheps 73 and NLS are fine examples of what I love from the Waves catalogue. Looking out for the Abbey Road bundle :hyper:
You can now get some of the plugins from the Abbey Road bundle for a lower price at audiodeluxe (look at my bargain post).

Hi folks, I don`t know if I`m too picky,
but it`s very annoying to see referral links on the bargain center,
what do you think ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote:Hi folks, I don`t know if I`m too picky,
what do you think ?
You're not. I've already reported it.

jsp1979 wrote:
Omkar wrote:Hi folks, I don`t know if I`m too picky,
what do you think ?
You're not. I've already reported it.
cool, thank you !
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Ben [KVR] wrote:I've just added this to the rules:

Links (Affiliate links and link shorteners are forbidden)

Affiliate links are not acceptable. Any links must be direct and must not contain any marketing or affiliate tracking or redirection.

Link Shorteners, such as bit.ly, goo.gl, etc., are not acceptable and may not be used in the Market Place forum. Links should always point directly to the target URL so the browser knows exactly where they are going before they click the link.
:party: Yay! :party: :tu:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”