Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:It's a generally accepted standard. Please stop fighting about it, it was already settled before you got here.
Well if you read others users posts above it doesn't seem that way. Just because there are 3-4 users that have agreed, that there should be no pictures doesn't make it a general rule. If a moderator updates the rules then it's another story but as long as it's just self-appointed moderators that want to enforce non existing rules I allow my self to be skeptical. I'm doing buyers a favor in my leisure time but if the only respond is "don't insert a tiny picture in your post", then I can use my time on something else.

In fact you have yourself a picture loading at the bottom for every post you make even though it is tiny. According to Numanoids logic this picture should be removed from the "bargains thread". Can't you see this is ridiculous?

It is a general courtesy, not an absolute rule.
This discussion has become far more discourteous to the rest of us that scan this thread regularly for product sales and problems related to those sales... before, during and after.
Can we get back on track now?

Hans25 wrote:In fact you have yourself a picture loading at the bottom for every post you make even though it is tiny
In your profile, you can disable seeing other users signatures.
Hans25 wrote:According to Numanoids logic this picture should be removed from the "bargains thread". Can't you see this is ridiculous?
How does my post about "no need to" become "should be" ?

Numanoid wrote:
Hans25 wrote:In fact you have yourself a picture loading at the bottom for every post you make even though it is tiny. According to Numanoids logic this picture should be removed from the "bargains thread". Can't you see this is ridiculous?
Well then there should be another option where people could disable images in posts. End of story then.

Numanoid wrote:
Hans25 wrote:So when you share something it is a service, and when I tip you about discussion that have been previous that is flaming and complaining :roll:
I really didn't perceive your post as a friendly "tip". I perceived it as an unnecessary correction. And unnecessary because as I explained before, that at the moment of my post there was no way of knowing the plugin was on sale because the lack of information. So the picture was to do users a favor and I think it did. End of story.

Hans25 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Hans25 wrote:In fact you have yourself a picture loading at the bottom for every post you make even though it is tiny. According to Numanoids logic this picture should be removed from the "bargains thread". Can't you see this is ridiculous?
Well then there should be another option where people could disable images in posts. End of story then.
I believe there is.
It unfortunately disables all links though. Which makes it a non-sequitur for this type of thread.
Again, it is about employing some courtesy to others rather than dictating any absolute rule.

BBFG# wrote:This discussion has become far more discourteous to the rest of us that scan this thread regularly for product sales and problems related to those sales... before, during and after. Can we get back on track now?
So are you saying that as a wannabe moderator?

The feeling I get just voicing an opinion like that is that either I'm that, or hindering somebodys freedom of speech, or just all out flaming them :scared:

jsp1979 wrote:
hibidy wrote:Too much of this with the attitude.

"hey, we're not really posting the promo pics here" (which btw I didn't know)

followed by

"Ok, cool, sorry......didn't know"

Case closed.
You didn't know it because it's not actually a Bargain Thread rule. That's the point.

A few users complained I suppose due to bandwidth issues or something. So, some of the vendors who regularly post stopped posting large pics along with videos and soundclips as a courtesy.

Honestly, if someone has issues downloading images, I don't see how you visit KVR at all. It's like looking at the Vegas Strip with all of the moving ads.
I dunno, I was just thinking from my original quote that that could be a way not to have what we currently have going on here.

Looking forward to bargains, pics or not.

elxsound wrote:
bltpyro wrote:There were some that went way overboard with tons of big images, soundcloud links, and you had to scroll a couple of pages to get through the post. Those are what caused the problem, and it was mostly just a few outspoken people that decided to make the rule, not really a general consensus. I don't think there is anything wrong with posting images at all. I prefer the images actually. The one he posted was just the right size.

I agree that some regulation is good, but this has gotten to the point of over-regulation, (which is pretty much the problem with all of our governments as well). Let people post images, just don't go overboard with it.

+1

That really is the sum of it.

I think the biggest complaint came from mobile users. Many people subscribe to the thread and when reading via mobile device, those that did go overboard made it really difficult to navigate.

Otherwise, I don't think a single pic is all that bad. It's not a rule, but like bltpryo says, just don't overdue it (from either way, crazy amounts of embedded media, or policing every bit of media).

The thread is more about notifying people of deals, and less of a place for advertising. That's all.
1+
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Numanoid wrote:
BBFG# wrote:This discussion has become far more discourteous to the rest of us that scan this thread regularly for product sales and problems related to those sales... before, during and after. Can we get back on track now?
So are you saying that as a wannabe moderator?

The feeling I get just voicing an opinion like that is that either I'm that, or hindering somebodys freedom of speech, or just all out flaming them :scared:
I was actually more on your side...
But in 'general' this has almost become an issue for some other thread it seems.
Apologies for expressing a desire to read what this thread is usually about.

Numanoid wrote:How does my post about "no need to" become "should be" ?
Well now you are being querulous. Wast of time.

BBFG# wrote:Apologies for expressing a desire to read what this thread is usually about.
OK, then.

So did somebody actually buy UVI Complete Toy Museum ?

What can it be used for? It goes on sale regularly like clockwork, bet the next 40% sale will be around Black Friday

Numanoid wrote:So did somebody actually buy UVI Complete Toy Museum ?
What can it be used for? It goes on sale regularly like clockwork, bet the next 40% sale will be around Black Friday
:lol:
Not to mention what they regularly give away as 'free with any purchase'.

Hans25 wrote:Omnisphere $419 at audiodeluxe (when added to basket):
http://audiodeluxe.com/products/spectra ... omnisphere

:o Uhh look. I didn't post any pictures...
Hey, no smilies, either! (just kidding to try and lighten things up a little... though I really would have it be just text even without the bolding and such that a recent poster used)

I wrote privately to Hans before I saw Numanoid had... no offense to Hans, Numanoid or anyone.

I think the problem with even the occasional image or embed is that people see them and start posting more.

It kind of starts to turn into a billboard circus.

I can see it in the case of a code that's in the image as Numanoid posted awhile back, but even that may spawn more.

Anyway, you get a lot more deals per page this way and I think it's way better for mobile.

OK, let's all be friends now and get those deals!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Numanoid wrote:So are you saying that as a wannabe moderator?

Well my impression is that what you wrote was a way of "kindly" informing me how the rules are, except this was your opinion and not a rule. You could as well have written: "remember the rules" before you wrote - "no need to post promo image". Furthermore if you actually clicked the links in my post, you would have understood why I posted the pic.

And when you wine about how you "can't voice your opion" without "hindering somebodys freedom of speech" with a reference to the discussion earlier, you might ask your self why that is? See what you do is not "voice your opinion", no you are trying to dictate what others should comment, write about or have an opinion about. If you just had your opinion, but you don't. You want to interfere and moderate others comments like you were a moderator. If you don't want to be judged as a wannabee moderator - then stop acting like one.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”