Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any of you have problems with the MetaFilter showing up in the DAW? None of my other about 40 Waves plugins suffer from this, have the latest ver. 9.6 WavesCentral, license shows there but my Live 9.6 refuses to show the MetaFilter in spite the plugin scan. The Element2 which I activated at the same time works nicely.
I have sent the request to Waves support, but maybe I get help here sooner.

Harry_HH wrote:Any of you have problems with the MetaFilter showing up in the DAW? None of my other about 40 Waves plugins suffer from this, have the latest ver. 9.6 WavesCentral, license shows there but my Live 9.6 refuses to show the MetaFilter in spite the plugin scan. The Element2 which I activated at the same time works nicely.

I installed it and it showed right up. I was actually thinking how great their new system was after I did this.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Any of you have problems with the MetaFilter showing up in the DAW? None of my other about 40 Waves plugins suffer from this, have the latest ver. 9.6 WavesCentral, license shows there but my Live 9.6 refuses to show the MetaFilter in spite the plugin scan. The Element2 which I activated at the same time works nicely.

I installed it and it showed right up. I was actually thinking how great their new system was after I did this.
Yeah, its great - until it doesn't work in your DAW, for some reason, for some plugin. Then you ask for help.

Sim.Sky wrote:Same here ;) I'll save the cash for the next PA summer sale on weekend (which hopefully isn't as disappointing as the previous ones) and for the "huge" Waves sale next Monday.
Be ready for attacker/moverb/deverb/stereomaker/....

Metaphilter has a nice THD picture even without drive knob active.

The same happened to me in Fl studio. I had to rescan previously scanned plugins. Then it showed up.

With Live, sometimes rescanning the plugins isn't enough. Turn off the VST plugins option and turn it back on again and it will do a more complete rescan.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:With Live, sometimes rescanning the plugins isn't enough. Turn off the VST plugins option and turn it back on again and it will do a more complete rescan.
This is the advice I got from the Waves, too.
Just did it which freezed my DAW totally.
I update now my Live to the latest 9.6.1 first
and then try tge same again.
It seems, anyway, that there's something special in the MetaFilter, none other Waves plugin has caused this (during the WavesCentral existence).
Lets see if I get it use at all... :arrow:

I have managed to get both Element v2 and Metafilter to load up in FL Studio 12 (Win10), using the VST 3 versions, not VST 2

But when I installed my license for Manny Delay today, FL Studio can't manage to load it.

Annoying with Waves plugs is that one is not allowed to specify where to put VSTs

As far as I manage to see the dll's were installed to "Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9\MannyM-Delay bundle\Contents\"

Btw, finally got the MetaFilter showing in Live,
re-installed both the WavesCenter and Live. H.

MetaFilter shows up under the Modulation folder and not under my Waves folder in Cubase 8.5 (Win10). It was originally installed in C:\\Program Files\vstplugins\ and I moved it to my music SSD. Everything else is categorized nicely (within their manufacturers' folders), and actually, so is Element 2, but not MetFilter. :?
Blue Phase Music

_emanon_ wrote:Steinberg Cubase Update 40% off until July 7
Coupon: SUMMER16
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/cubase.html

E.g. Cubase Pro 8.0 to Pro 8.5 update is $30 (reg $50)
Doesn't seem to work on everything.

Works on Artist 7 to Artist 8.5, or Pro 7 to Pro 8.5 but does not work on Elements 8 to Artist 8 or LE 8 to Elements 8 or Artist 8.
Was really interested in upgrading my LE to Artist.

cocoazenith wrote:
_emanon_ wrote:Steinberg Cubase Update 40% off until July 7
Coupon: SUMMER16
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/cubase.html

E.g. Cubase Pro 8.0 to Pro 8.5 update is $30 (reg $50)
Doesn't seem to work on everything.

Works on Artist 7 to Artist 8.5, or Pro 7 to Pro 8.5 but does not work on Elements 8 to Artist 8 or LE 8 to Elements 8 or Artist 8.
It only works on updates to Cubase Pro 8.5
Blue Phase Music

Damn, Steinberg really nickel and dimes the hell out of you guys, don't they?

cocoazenith wrote:Doesn't seem to work on everything.

:dog:
I've updated the post noting this.

I just want to put this out there - in the interests of safe, honest and transparent commerce, why don't we make it board policy NOT to specifically demand PayPal 'Gift' option when selling licenses?

Ie: Seller must accept PayPal fees. Seller may adjust their sale price to compensate if they wish.

This would instantly clear up half the scumbaggery operating here.

Why do we allow the seller that option to demand Gift/Family payment? Surely good sellers will accept a policy being put in place to protect buyers.

Who will police it? We all will.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”