Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+1 Uncle E ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Uncle E wrote:We've just added a dedicated Specials page to our site. We're lowering the number of email newsletters we send out and this will be a way for you to keep up with our promotions in between newsletters:

http://www.jrrshop.com/features/specials

I actually look forward to getting the newsletters, will miss now that there are less. I probably won't check the site.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Still, not a bad idea. Just bookmarked the page, as I did with two other JRR pages: Sale and Blow Out.

ATS wrote:I actually look forward to getting the newsletters, will miss now that there are less. I probably won't check the site.
We'll still be sending it out once or twice a week. This is just so what happened this last week doesn't get repeated too often, we ended up sending out four newsletters because of all the deals that kept getting announced. I'm sure some people weren't as happy about that as you were. ;)

Uncle E wrote:This is just so what happened this last week doesn't get repeated too often, we ended up sending out four newsletters because of all the deals that kept getting announced. I'm sure some people weren't as happy about that as you were. ;)
I thought something was weird. Lol!!! I usually get pissed off with stuff like that, but the newsletter is actually cool looking and kind of makes me want to browse through it, so even if I'm not "in the mood" it doesn't really come off as spam to me. So no problem here. You guys are no joke, so I look at your newsletter as more of a public service announcement than anything else. :hihi:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

goldengate wrote:
goldengate wrote:WAVES PLUGINS SUPER SALE up to 80% OFF!

2 Days LEFT HURRY!

http://refer.waves.com/dontclicktthese
Ends Monday.
I already thought personal referral codes were a grey area at best, but spamming one twice even after it's been shown to not be the cheapest price can't be OK, can it?

No, it can't... make this guy go away!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Hmm, I have to ask, is goldengate a new profile for SalemBeatsKVR?

Maybe... I do have to curse Waves for this referral program.

Didn't they have some sort "street team" thing that was similar?

antithesist wrote:No, it can't... make this guy go away!

Go to the post. Click on the exclamation point icon (!) to report it.

Thanks, I did on a previous one from today.

I think the street team died, by the way.

I hope this does, too.

antithesist wrote:Maybe... I do have to curse Waves for this referral program.
Didn't they have some sort "street team" thing that was similar?
Seems strange to me that companies like this that use their anti-piracy protection (whether it be iLok/PACE/eLicenser/ or their own form of it) end up having to find ways to sell it cheap or give it away...
I wonder if they ever do a cost/analysis to find if if they lose more money by paranoia than they do any actual piracy. I'm sure they have nice products and I know there are a few customers that don't mind the intrusion software. But it sure keeps me from ever becoming a customer, even if they're giving it away.

This 'referral program' seems to just add another level of slime to the whole premise.
Could someone please pass the hand-sanitizer? :wink:

BBFG# wrote:Seems strange to me that companies like this that use their anti-piracy protection (whether it be iLok/PACE/eLicenser/ or their own form of it) end up having to find ways to sell it cheap or give it away...
And the Waves software get's cracked anyway :D. The only big not cracked software I know of is Cubase, and that isn't because it is impossible to crack, but because the crackers don't want to make the effort. So if Steinerg instead used the energy on developing the software instead of soaking the whole code with dongle calls, they could spend the money on developing, optimization, lower the price and get more satisfied customers and by the same time increase profit.

No that we are talking about Waves. They just sent me an offer for upgrading from Platinum Native to Mercury Soundgrid Bunde for $4399. I don't need it I'm just curious if this is a promotion that comes back from time to time or if it's a fantastic offer? Edit - this is apparently only usefull for Pro Tools users but the Digigrid DLS is apparently included.

Hans25 wrote:The only big not cracked software I know of is Cubase
Did they already crack Reason 7 or 8? I thought these Prop guys are known to be crack-resistent ;)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”