Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 75% off “Master Brass Bundle” by Auddict - Normally €359.99 now €89.99!

More information at http://vstbuzz.com/deals/75-off-master- ... e-auddict/
Any thoughts on this bundle? The demos sound interesting if not a little daunting.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:Splice.com are offering serum on a rent-to-own deal at 19 x $9.99 a month:

https://splice.com/plugins/purchase/serum
This is big! I hope more companies start doing this.

JC_ wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:Splice.com are offering serum on a rent-to-own deal at 19 x $9.99 a month:

https://splice.com/plugins/purchase/serum
This is big! I hope more companies start doing this.
Seconded! I had this idea for a long time and wondered why all companies didn't do this. It turns potential customers into definite customers; you might not make the FULL price tag off everybody, but people that never would have bought before are now okay with it either because A) you pay gradually or B) they can opt out whenever if they don't end up liking it. Not to mention,it won't turn people off since it's not a perpetual subscription that acts as a constant sinkhole for money as long as you continue using their product (looking at you, Adobe). And WHAT? Splice says you can pay off the rest whenever you want so you won't having the recurring payment hanging over your head again?? If I didn't already have Serum, I'd be crazy all over this.

The potential revenue from this approach is insane.

Yes, this is much better for the customer than subscriptions, and probably still creates a lot of extra revenue for developers. I hope they will offer Omnisphere 2.

I'd rather save for it and buy it.. and there are generally better deals as a result either on sales or second hand. But the world turned to instant gratification mode awhile ago.. so I'm sure it will be a big hit.

Not my cup of tea ... either.

Haha... Paying 1 1/2 years for a plugin because otherwise you can't afford it? Ouch..
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Haha... Paying 1 1/2 years for a plugin because otherwise you can't afford it? Ouch..
Yeah probably not the best decision.

murnau wrote:Haha... Paying 1 1/2 years for a plugin because otherwise you can't afford it? Ouch..
I don't see what is going wrong with this deal , i think Slate should do the same , deliver the licence for free when the price is reached.I feel better to know the synth will be mine after the last paiement , than to paid for 'u got nothing in the end' subscription....

Wait what?

So this is kind of like a financing deal? You pay 19 equal rates with no interest for the product?
No legal documents, no nothing beacuse it's online activation based?

cocoazenith wrote:Wait what?

So this is kind of like a financing deal? You pay 19 equal rates with no interest for the product?
No legal documents, no nothing beacuse it's online activation based?
$9.99/month is the minimum. You can pay more if you want. Once you reach $189 the plugin is yours.

Amazing.

And what if xfer puts it on sale? I'd feel a bit salty if I still had to essentially pay full price. Maybe that's the downside of this deal.. you must pay full price.

Steve has mentioned numerous times he ain't keen on sales, so I wouldn't count on waiting for a sale anytime soon, he also has not put 'Nerve' on sale and that was released around 2010, I think. He feels like sales are a like a kick in the teeth to those who supported him from the beginning, he sounds like a pretty humble guy.

troxx wrote:Steve has mentioned numerous times he ain't keen on sales, so I wouldn't count on waiting for a sale anytime soon, he also has not put 'Nerve' on sale and that was released around 2010, I think. He feels like sales are a like a kick in the teeth to those who supported him from the beginning, he sounds like a pretty humble guy.
Ahh, didn't know that. Well that's cool. I do think it's a nice platform to sell software this way.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”