Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hans25 wrote:
BERFAB wrote:This just in. Steven Slate is a genius. Covers ALL the bases:
Deals if you have no money, deals if you do have money. Deals if you own his stuff, Deals if you don't.

Genius.

-B
So owning products already translates to a 2 month subscription apparently....

Seems like their website is down apparently. Maybe there's a big pressure after the release of that video.
just wondering what the folks at ik, waves etc are thinking about steven slate abusing their plugins, names, and brands to advertise his very own holy-grail-all-in-one-perfectly-priced solution for every producer on the planet :roll:

Sim.Sky wrote:just wondering what the folks at ik, waves etc are thinking about steven slate abusing their plugins, names, and brands to advertise his very own holy-grail-all-in-one-perfectly-priced solution for every producer on the planet :roll:
Why do you perceive it as abuse?

Hans25 wrote:
Sim.Sky wrote:just wondering what the folks at ik, waves etc are thinking about steven slate abusing their plugins, names, and brands to advertise his very own holy-grail-all-in-one-perfectly-priced solution for every producer on the planet :roll:
Why do you perceive it as abuse?
well, he obviously wants to point out that you can either spend hundreds of dollars on those plugins (or even his own admittedly) or you're smart and just subscribe to his bundle options and get pretty much everything you need for a (initially) small rent. not very convincing if you ask me if your company apparently isn't strong enough to speak for its own, but has to point your attention to third party products so that it looks better. plus one of the things that i bothered the most about was the fact that he took the full price of that waves tape emulation, while the whole industry (and many of the customers) knows that practically NO ONE has to pay msrp with waves because there are massive sales throughout the whole year.

but it's just my perception of that campaign, i won't argue that the deal as such might be pretty good for some people

Sim.Sky wrote:but it's just my perception of that campaign, i won't argue that the deal as such might be pretty good for some people
I follow you regarding the waves stuff. That was a bit of a stretch.

I see no harm, he's quite on the level about the business, even refers to his own plugs as expensive and shows them full price.
The man runs a good show and has great stuff. Way to go, mr. Slate :tu:

Fleer wrote:I see no harm, he's quite on the level about the business, even refers to his own plugs as expensive and shows them full price.
The man runs a good show and has great stuff. Way to go, mr. Slate :tu:
With your positive life attitude if anyone ever could solve the conflict in the Middle East it would be you :lol:

We'll do it together, Hans!

Fleer wrote:We'll do it together, Hans!
No you don't want me to join in. That would probably just trigger a new World War. My diplomatic skills are close to unexisting :D.

I said he's a genius because it's a very slick marketing presentation, and I think the concept is very well thought out. Of course it won't be for everyone, but he makes a really compelling case.

The $99 coupon offer is a really interesting twist as well. If you take out the purchase price of one plug, the residual cost of the subscription (in the short term at least) is a no-brainer.

What I think he's counting on is that there's a good segment of folks who will have to, eventually, own the plugs they use, simply because if they don't, older tracks won't play back properly when the Slate plugs de-register. But for those who don't need that, he's made a compelling case for their short-term business as well. Genius.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Hans25 wrote:
No you don't want me to join in. That would probably just trigger a new World War. My diplomatic skills are close to unexisting :D.
Well, as for me, it's even worse. Get me in a war room and I'll bring peace, get me in a peaceful situation and I'll preach war. Love to bring Bach's counterpoint to life ;)
On topic, those new Slate VMR Custom Series modules, EQ and Lift, are absolutely stunning, bringing out your keyboards in the mix.

Fleer wrote:
Hans25 wrote:
Well, as for me, it's even worse. Get me in a war room and I'll bring peace, get me in a peaceful situation and I'll preach war. Love to bring Bach's counterpoint to life ;)
On topic, those new Slate VMR Custom Series modules, EQ and Lift, are absolutely stunning, bringing out your keyboards in the mix.

So where is the bit about the $99 for the $240 annual sub vs. x2 $99 coupons for the $300 annual sub?

From the product page:
You're going to love this. After twelve months, get a $200 COUPON to use in the Slate store and get whatever you want! So that means after twelve months, you'll have spent $239. So now you'll get $200 of that RIGHT BACK!!!
Did they change this and just not update the website?

Armadillo wrote:There's an awful lot of sales going on at the moment, Soundiron, 8dio, Impact soundworks, Waves etc.

Is it generally better to wait til black friday though?
If I remember correctly a lot of companies seems to have 50% off that day.
The "up to 40% off" Black Friday sales at 8Dio that were mentioned are usually tiered sales (as in spend x amount get 20% off, spend y amount get 30%, etc.).
Soundiron usually has a 50% off deal on one of their libraries every day during the holiday season but not all of them. Might be the one you wanted, might not be...
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

I love how he tries to withewash iLok. To protect *your* investment...LOL! No, to protect your IP, mr. Slate! And I'm sure the "free" iLok is nicely included in the pricing. It's insulting to intelligence.
No signature here!

Fleer wrote:Love to bring Bach's counterpoint to life ;)
Yes I believe you. For me the problem is that I already have Virtual Mix and VTM. In my mind some of the incentive goes away because the fewer plugins in the "rent" bundle the higher the relative price.
If I spend the yearly amount on plugins when they are on sale then I probably have close to everything in a permanent license. And not just for a year.

elxsound wrote:From the product page:
You're going to love this. After twelve months, get a $200 COUPON to use in the Slate store and get whatever you want! So that means after twelve months, you'll have spent $239. So now you'll get $200 of that RIGHT BACK!!!
Did they change this and just not update the website?
Where do you see that? I can only see the mentioned offer.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”