Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wayford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am What's everyone's opinion on Softube Tape Echoes? I don't have a roland space echo emulation, so thought should get it for $18 as crossgrade. I did demo it 2 times before and ended up not buying it. Asked them for a 3rd trial extension lol. I also own Replika XT, EchoBoy and Logic's amazing Tape Echo.
As much as I love Softube, I also have UAD’s, Echoboy, Repeater, and Comeback Kid, so I don’t see the need for it.

Do a Logic dark theme instead. You’ve got a customer! :)
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

wayford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am What's everyone's opinion on Softube Tape Echoes? I don't have a roland space echo emulation, so thought should get it for $18 as crossgrade. I did demo it 2 times before and ended up not buying it. Asked them for a 3rd trial extension lol. I also own Replika XT, EchoBoy and Logic's amazing Tape Echo.
What's the product you're crossgrading from?

cdbaksu wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am
I would love to do this, but Logic Colorizer is $100 for theme vendors. It's a very big investment for me, so unfortunately I can't do it at the moment.

kodnin wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am
Dirty Tape

wayford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm
cdbaksu wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am
I would love to do this, but Logic Colorizer is $100 for theme vendors. It's a very big investment for me, so unfortunately I can't do it at the moment.
I mean as competition to the colorizer.
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

cdbaksu wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm I mean as competition to the colorizer.
Oh, sorry I didn't get that.

Well, at it's core Colorizer works by modifying .plist files and then also working in the background to make sure when you update Logic it replaces original theme .plist files with modified ones (at least as far as I know).

I don't really have any coding experience (except with Waves GUI framework), so I could try to do it, but I'm not sure how long that would take.

wayford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 pm
cdbaksu wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm I mean as competition to the colorizer.
Oh, sorry I didn't get that.

Well, at it's core Colorizer works by modifying .plist files and then also working in the background to make sure when you update Logic it replaces original theme .plist files with modified ones.

I don't really have any coding experience (except with Waves GUI framework), so I could try to do it, but I'm not sure how long that would take.
You've done this before with your other skins, and you're actually good at it. Shoot for the stars bro town! 8)

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 pm
Pawel L wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 am Someone might find the code for a 5% discount on "AUDIONERD5" on Denise Audio useful, but I don't know if it still works.
That code doesn't work, but this code from the latest Baby Audio mailer DNSBA15 does work for 15% off :party:
:tu:

Do we get access to Softube Fet Comp mk1 if we buy the new one?

Sindikhate wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 am Do we get access to Softube Fet Comp mk1 if we buy the new one?
I don't see it in the Softube Essentials Collection, so probably not.

Dirty Tape
Are there also crossgrades to the Softube Model? Maybe from one Model synth to another?

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am Pulse 2 for $358 is pretty great.

Who am I kidding, we're all looking for blowout prices on Behringer synths.
Hi Eric. Last time there was a soundtoys sale I saw an upgrade from little plate to super plate for $29. Are those not available anymore?

kodnin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am
Dirty Tape
Are there also crossgrades to the Softube Model? Maybe from one Model synth to another?
Not currently, but there was one in the recent past. Although I think Model synth crossgrades are very occasional.

The Softube Essentials Collection is a fantastic deal and well worth it even if you like/want a couple of the included plugins.

masterhiggins wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am Hi Eric. Last time there was a soundtoys sale I saw an upgrade from little plate to super plate for $29. Are those not available anymore?
Sorry, I don’t know. We’re not able to sell Soundtoys upgrades or crossgrades.

wayford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am What's everyone's opinion on Softube Tape Echoes?
After requesting a 3rd trial extension (somehow I thought maybe I was wrong previously two times), I think I'm going to pass.

Tape Echoes is a great plugin, I would say it's like a Space Echo, but can sound a bit more dirty/gritty. I demoed it against my EchoBoy and Replika XT and, while being nice, I preferred both EchoBoy and Replika XT over Tape Echoes. EchoBoy (in space echo mode) especially has a very fat sound, for a lack of a better word.

So, for everyone who is looking at purchasing Tape Echoes, I recommend saving up a bit more and just getting an all-in-one delay plugin. Replika XT is very cheap (especially here on KVR) and is wonderful.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”