Autogun - Imageline's Newest VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i havent read the entire 5 pages of this thread but...

is the way they achieve so many presets is by having a basic few hundreds or so.. and then similar variations of each?

for example, could the difference between two presets be a very slight change in say the attack of the filter envelope? and the next preset.. that same attack turned up ever so slightly even more? and so on and on.... all shuffled around so they similar sounds do not follow eachother?
check out my trip-hop beats: http://www.youtube.com/user/octeuron

It better have a hell of a rapid fire and lots of presets if I should show any intrest for this one. :)
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

DavidRadi2 wrote:Just tried Ogun v1.1.0 / VSTi version / and now it's not possible to open the preset browser on bottom - getting access violation message!
Ogun 1.1.1 is now available, it fixes this bug.

thorau wrote:I cannot find a menu point to enter a random preset number in Ogun...
:help:

To randomize you have to click the dice in the top right corner of the gui, or did I miss something about any randomizing numbers?

Edit: Click the menu button (circle with an arrow) in there you'll find the preset number.

This is an amazing synth. Just to be sure, is the current version 1.1.0 or 1.1.1?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:This is an amazing synth. Just to be sure, is the current version 1.1.0 or 1.1.1?
Last version for each instrument is :

Autogun = v1.1.0

Ogun = v1.1.1

reflex wrote:
K-Bee wrote:To clarify:
I experience the Autogun crashes in FL Studio but only when using the automapped version that is required by Novation Nocturn. Using a regular version of Autogun poses no problems whatsoever.
I've uploaded a new version of Autogun (v1.1.1). It fixes the number of parameters reported (should be one, was a lot more), which should also fix the crash according to Gol.

Could you try it out?
I did. Automapped version still won't start up. Basically you get half a GUI and nothing more. No worried though, I'll be happy to use the regular version :wink:

latest version of autogun crashes the shit out of my ableton live 8.03 every time i try to use it
i'm on winxp sp2, lenovo thinkpad t400, core2duo 2.53ghz, 2gb ram
time to get this rubbish off my laptop

Seems a bit harsh to call it rubbish just cause it won't work on your system / Live.

Mind, it would be considered rubbish by you if you're not going to use it, which you can't... boy...that went full circle... nvm :P
Eternitysound VST Banks

all patches sound very similar to each other so it doesn't really matter that there are billions
it crashes ableton every time i use it
the crash bug hasn't been fixed even though its been out a while now
it seems to crash a lot of posters computers on here

how else would you define rubbish?

i know i'm being too harsh but this vsti is well annoying
i gave it a go, now i'm deleting it

Maybe a little similar, there are some nice paddy sounds. Too bad you can't twiddle parameters like release and attack times. Autogun used A LOT of CPU sometimes. Almost 40%, but never crashed Orion Platinum with ASIO4All. The credits say it's based on the Padsynth, but I can't find anything on the internet called Padsynth. Anyone ever heard of it? I did see a blurb from ZynAddSubFx saying something about improved Padsynth algorithm, or what not. Is this from the Zyn peeps?

More research reveals Padsynth is a Linux looped wavetable algorithm that WAS used in Zyn. That's why all the presets sound a little gongy/bangy.

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/ ... Dsynth.htm

Ogun was already doing something pretty close to that, so after reading it I took it further & added an envelope tool that creates mappings for the existing engine in Ogun. See envelope menu->Create pad harmonics...

I then added some randomization & made Autogun out of Ogun.

The most metallic presets in Autogun (20% if I remember) are not based on this, though.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

For those who claim all presets sound the same btw, can you post an mp3 for me to hear?
Because there WAS a bug that made all presets with seed above 2 billion (thus only for 50% of users) sound the same, but literally the same. It was normally fixed before the VSTi release but who knows.

And there also may be weird spots in the random range, who knows. We of course didn't preview all 4 billion presets. I use the very popular mt19937 random gen but it could have bugs after I tweaked it.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Return to “Instruments”