Upcoming Jaco fretless bass (audio demo added!)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you know, I'm working hard on the upcoming Orange Tree Samples Jaco fretless bass sample library. In anticipation of the product release (which will hopefully be at the end of March) I thought I'd post some of the product specs so you can get an idea of the scope of this exciting new sample library:

- 24-bit 48khz samples

- Full sustain with natural decay

- Individually sampled strings

- Different release samples depending on the duration of the note

- 3 plucking positions, each with 3 velocity layers, and 2x intelligend round-robin sample cycling

- Hammer-on and pull-offs

- Natural and artificial harmonics

- Retrigger samples (if you play a note repeatedly), and pre-pluck samples

- Effects such as muted notes, rakes, string slaps, and much more

- Seamlessly slide from one note to any other
Last edited by Gregjazz on Mon May 04, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

You ARE the resurrection of jaco

No teaser for the Fretless so far ?

sirbellog wrote:No teaser for the Fretless so far ?
sirbellog makes a good point. How about a little taste of this to hold us over? C'mon!

I got CoreBass yesterday. It's well good man! Love that Jaco vibe, since I'm part John McLoughlan/Mahavishnu influenced! How much will this cost? Reasonable I hope.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

sirbellog wrote:No teaser for the Fretless so far ?
I'll make a teaser as soon as possible. Right now, I'm in the middle of sampling. I've got most of the sustained tones done (over a gig of samples), which is the tedious part to sample.
Aloysius wrote:Love that Jaco vibe, since I'm part John McLoughlan/Mahavishnu influenced! How much will this cost? Reasonable I hope.
Awesome! I personally like the Joni Mitchell/Jaco Pastorius combination. They really sound great together. I'm still figuring out a price, but it will definitely be reasonable.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

How long for the Jaco Bass library?

Please!!!
Willy.

willynanita wrote:How long for the Jaco Bass library?
I didn't make my original estimate for when the Jaco bass library would be released. I already have 1.8 GB of samples done, and what's left are a lot of the small, short sounds such as release samples, mutes, etc.

Meanwhile something else will be posted within the next few days, which should keep you guys occupied until the Jaco fretless is complete...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Here's a sneak peek of Iconic Bass: Jaco used in a song (imitating the early 80's Yellowjackets): http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/JacoBass.mp3

I mixed the bass loud so you can hear the amount of detail in the library.

Remember, you have a shot at winning this library by entering the World Bass Star competition!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Little update: the library is coming together nicely! All I have left are the artificial harmonics, and scripting the user interface. Then the beta testing period will begin while I write the manual and get a few other odds and ends together.

It sounds and plays awesome so far, and I can't wait to post samples of it soon. It has nearly 4,000 samples and 2.5 GB of content.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Teriffic NEWS old chap!!! :)

Sounds like you nailed it Greg, Can't wait for the release.

I just finished putting in the artificial and natural harmonics. This sample library has more harmonics than most bassists know exist! We're talking ten natural harmonic nodes for each string, and several nodes sampled for artificial harmonics. Basically several choices of harmonics are available for every note in the bass's range and more!

The CPU usage is really minimal for a library of this size and considering how much scripting it uses. When playing, the CPU usage generally remains in the 1-2% range, even when playing multiple notes!

All the samples are now done and tuned. All I have left is to script the interface, and then the beta testing phase will begin. Let me tell you, this library is fun and inspiring to play!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Here's the latest audio sneak peek: http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/ ... orJaco.mp3

It's played live through my controller-less MIDI keyboard.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Beautiful man. Ecstatic to hear you put so much effort into the harmonics as well. Obviously it was such a big part of his sound. He practically invented them on a bass!

Jaco would be so pissed, and I mean that as a compliment.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”