CMplay multi output

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been using CMplay in energyXT2 recently but there's something that I can't get to work and I'm not sure whether it's a limitation of the plug-in, the host or my ambition! Basically, I'm trying to load two .202 drum kits into the plug-in and play them simultaneously but it isn't working. Is this possible?

What I'm doing is the following:

I create two instrument tracks in eXT2 and create an instance of CMplay. I then set the output of each track to the plug-in, the first on MIDI channel 1 and the second on MIDI channel 2.

Opening the CMplay interface I load Multi 001 with the Kriminal Alesis Part 1 202 kit, leaving all parts on MIDI channel 1 and Output 1. I can then play each drum part on eXT2 instrument track 1.

I then load Multi 002 with the Kriminal Alesis Part 2 202 kit and set each part to MIDI channel 2 and Output 2.

Now, I had expected to be able to play the Part 1 patches on eXT2 instrument track 1 via MIDI channel 1 and the Part 2 patches on eXT2 instrument track 2 via MIDI 2. However, I can only play samples in the currently selected Multi in CMplay and have to manually switch between the Multi patches to get them to work, which means I need two instances of CMplay to use both kits at the same time.

Is this a limitation of CMplay? Can it only play patches from one Multi at a time? If so, what's the point of being able to load 64 banks of them? Or is this an issue with eXT2? Of course, it might also be something that I'm doing wrong! :)

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this,
Mike

Now, I had expected to be able to play the Part 1 patches on eXT2 instrument track 1 via MIDI channel 1 and the Part 2 patches on eXT2 instrument track 2 via MIDI 2. However, I can only play samples in the currently selected Multi in CMplay and have to manually switch between the Multi patches to get them to work, which means I need two instances of CMplay to use both kits at the same time.

Is this a limitation of CMplay? Can it only play patches from one Multi at a time? If so, what's the point of being able to load 64 banks of them? Or is this an issue with eXT2? Of course, it might also be something that I'm doing wrong!
It is a limitation of CMplay, you can only play one Multi at a time. The reason you can load 64 of them is so soundware developers can create banks of patches that you can quickly flip through without having to use the browser.

HTH
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.

I guess I was expecting a little too much from a freebie! Still, considering how good a freebie it is I suppose that it's hardly a limitation. :)

Cheers,
Mike

However, for the look through the latest cm-dvd, it is very good for.
why do not use multiple sr202 and set it in different midi...
its not more cpu or workflow , I think

Yeah, the twin 202 solution is something I've considered. I just like CMplay a lot more :D

I would only use SR202 if the kits being played relied heavily on the FX, which aren't emulated in CMplay.

Having two instances of CMplay loaded is likely to be more efficient CPU and memory-wise than two instances of SR202, and far fewer compatibility problems too.

Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”