Anybody got a Plugiator yet ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I plugged it in last night and it melted the walls. That thing sounds so good. Mine has hardly ever been touched and like new. When I used to use it I used the editor (PPC POWER PROCESSOR days). The thing is tasty minty. :)

The prodyssey killed another modern well known ARP soft synth I've been using of late. If someone could create a universal editor for this thing it would be highly desired. I don't think many people own these things any more though.

One thing I remember from using the Plugiator is that it can alias like a motherf**ker in the higher registers. Something I'm not noticing in that other modern well known ARP softsynth. ;)

EvilDragon wrote:One thing I remember from using the Plugiator is that it can alias like a motherf**ker in the higher registers. Something I'm not noticing in that other modern well known ARP softsynth. ;)
Maybe I never take anything that high. I'm not running the other one at 36 bit dedicated through processing either.

Hey Zero, I wanted to let you know I tried to do some recording with the plugiator since I had it out and there was a midi feedback loop. It doesn't show itself when just loading it up and playing with a controller but it shows up when you are recording midi notes. I'm working on it. There is a lot of work around with this thing...

those cream ware emulations are just hard to put down.

Well, I just started in reaper a few weeks ago and have little idea what I'm doing with it yet. Everything action is some kind of pc style menu command you have to find. I'm sure it will get easier, but I just don't know what I'm looking for yet. In the mean time...plogue to the rescue. :hihi:

Can't the Plugiator be controlled by standard MIDI CC's? The editor was crap to work with, anyway.

^^^ as I said in an earlier post. I built an automap templet for it before. But I uninstalled automap shortly there after and the soft synths don't seem to respond to standard controller numbers. So it's kind of a bitch to figure out. I have have been working on it all day and discovered that you can install the windows editor into crossover but it is a very unstable and buggy affair and it doesn't seem to be actually sending or receiving messages even though I've designated the ports. I may be doing something wrong there because I was never any good at windows stuff...it's just too many variables and I wind up trying to get stuff to work more than actually working with anything and everything that does work is unstable and buggy...so maybe someone else can tell me what I'm doing wrong there.

The best option seems to me to be, as I stated before, I just recently got into reaper, and reaper has this cool feature called reamidi or something, and you basically built your own editor for external kit with it. But so far nothing but pre designated cc's have worked. I mean all three or four of them (not useful). I haven't figured out why that is yet. I'm still digging around aimlessly at this point. even if I can get them to work, the cc's haven't been fully documented so good luck with that. I have gone and downloaded all the manuals I can get my hands on for not only plugiator but also for the pro12, prodyssy and other unlisted soft synths in the suite. Only God knows if they are the same cc's that scope/creamware use but no luck getting them to actually work yet....and then there is this whole midi feedback loop deal. I can't load my midi keyboard as an input, and plugiator as an output and record the track. It works fine as a through put to play the plugiator, but as soon as I hit record I get a feedback loop.

Earlier in this thread:

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to start off by introducing myself; I am Ray from Use Audio and I would like to take the opportunity to provide you with some clarifications and updates regarding the Plugiator.

1) Plug-in Manager is now available for Mac (Tiger and Leopard)
2) Drums'n'Bass has been released
3) Sampling rate and bit depth
Internal: 32 bit up to 176khz sampling rate
External DA converters - 24 bit 44.1kHz
4) External program change messages received over MIDI changes the program number displayed on the Plugiator panel
5) The Plug-in Manager software for the Plugiator table top and the ASX is the same

Updates:
1) We plan on releasing a DSP OS update in the coming weeks that will have the following features/fixes:
- Effects and synth parameters will sync to Midi clock
- possible glitches while changing presets should be fixed
2.) Also under development is a VSTi plug-in GUI interface (only control, no audio) for the Plugiator
3.) Check out the new Plugiator demo video and a few new sound demos on our website www.use-audio.com/plugiator.htm We are currently running a promotional offer on the Plugiator this December (more details on the link above)

I'd be happy to provide further clarifications / information upon request.

Kind regards,
Ray Mehta
Use Audio Inc.

^^^ thanks for that link, I'm giving it a look. I haven't pulled this thing out in a few years but I remember that there is this whole section in the manual (which I still have) and there was a work around for using it with ableton DAW and such. Basically you had to download a third party midi pipe type mini application that would element the loop. More to come...I'm determined to see what I can do with this thing now.

The box loads an internal firmware OS at runtime - There was a fix for some of the issues that required it being sent in - I'm trying to find the last 'box' firmware # - this is a separate # then the pil files, etc.

Also: I don't think that it should be aliasing so much - that may be a 'circuit board' issue - Chances are that they were built as cheaply as possible - is there a possible mod that can improve the audio?

^^yeah I agree with the aliasing part because I haven't had any aliasing issues with mine, but you know how people will claim to hear it anyway and I'm just not going there. I love the realism of these algorithms.

Alright I'm going to try to throw up these images of the chapter that addresses the midi feedback loop for documentation sake. If you want them you need to grab them because I won't be able to keep them up for long.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... r#p4300368

You can not tell just by looking at the box, the unit has to be hooked up to a computer with the Plugiator Plug-in Manager installed, and open.

Go to the PPM menu (top), select: 'options', then 'Configue Plugiator', you'll now have access to midi input/output selection, hardware information/serial number, and Plug-in firmware update abilities.

OK: I believe that what you want to see in the 'HW Version' window is:

Both of my Plugiators have *exactly* the same hardware version; one was updated at use-audio's expense (thank-you, Karan!), and one I bought maybe 6 months ago from novamusik.

-goldenanalog

There is no plugin manager for mac bro...so there's another work around I'm have to swim through. Even if I could hook it up I would have to find my serials and I have no clue what my user name and password are at this point, it's been years. I can make a few good guesses and hope to get lucky, but regardless the plugin manager hasn't worked on macs since they went intel I don't care what it says because I've gone through several iterations of macs with this thing and it stopped working when they went intel. i have the latest flash driver installed as well. If you download the the manager again today, it will tell you it can't open the installer.

Return to “Instruments”