Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote:I didn't know this website.
And... Wow! It's a neat blog to have in the links!
Thanks Drew!
EDIT: there is even a RSS feed! Great! It is this link to add to your RSS reader if you have one: Image
:tu:
:tu: It was a happy find for me, there is even some patches for one or two ARP Odyssey Emu's plus a couple of synths I never knew of :hyper:

As for the Linn Emu - I like the fact that the most important sounds can be tuned, unlike the JM-1 that had good sounds but no tuning. I don't think there will ever be a really top class free Linn, but I can utilise DjinnDrum until I can afford the Aly James Vst. :)
:tu: All is good

Cool-the Wavosaur one, probably sample-based.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

spacedad wrote:not sure what LA stuff is,is it like the yam SY things? they had pcm+dig with 'vector' joystick movement.
anyway just gave it a quick spin,not sure what everything is doing,and tried to get 4 pcm pianos going but only one was sounding,probly doing something wrong.i'll have another try.
i'll have to look up LA too to see what it is.
but it's always good to have new stuff.
myeah fair enough lol :lol:
think D-110 (good cheap racksynth if you're 'Skint', they go for as low as 40quid)
although this is nothing like really(i'm working on it tho', tough on the interface
side)...turns out my plugin has a few foibles, you need to muck around with the
'enable' buttons on the left side, and you can choose either 'onboard' oscillator
or one of the soundfont voices. these can then either be mixed normally, in
pairs, or they ringmod-with level control: osc1 or 3 depending on the pair, and
i've added osc sync for extra whatever. i did say it was a bit of a bodge/botch.
on the right side you have the envelopes for amp/filter/pitch, er...didn't label
them either did i? :scared:
(back to the drawing board...)

hehe,no worries,it's a good start!
i did read that the yam sy's are a little similar,with a mix of pcm's+osc,though digital.
but yes,it's the on/off switching on the left which didn't seem to do right.

stumbled upon this by accident--a good find I hope.

I'm trying to find a download for RGC SFZ+. I used it a bit just after Cakewalk started selling it for $0.00, but the hard drive in that machine took a dive. I have a copy of the older demo (the volume drops out every so often). I did some recordings using an organ soundfont, and I need to do this again. I've searched everywhere that I can find, but it just doesn't seem to be available any more unless I'm really missing something.

Any ideas?

thanks

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

DrewDale wrote:As for the Linn Emu - I like the fact that the most important sounds can be tuned, unlike the JM-1 that had good sounds but no tuning.
I noticed that the JM-1 is not velocity sens (maybe because original LINN wasn't also).

BlackWinny

thanks for the link!

3 Synths free if you email the dev; see rows 46-48 here; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0
It's only for a limited number of downloads, then they'll be 5 dollars each.
Don't forget to check out all the other free stuff while you're there. Thanks to Loris.
Last edited by bob bobwood on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The demos for CADILLAC VST – FREE 60s SOUND GUITAR EMULATOR – VST AND STANDALONE sound nice. Checking out the rest of his stuff now. :tu:

Bit heavy of the CPU juice. Prone to crashing on my Laptop. Pity. I really like that organ too.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I like how you can drag the mouse around & it changes colors(also reduces idle cpu use when doing this lol)
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

db-lab vst,can someone upload them please? tnx
Life Is Life

LUNALUNARE wrote:db-lab vst,can someone upload them please? tnx
  1. Ultrawave was not freeware.
  2. Ultrafm (evolution of Ultrawave and not freeware) was never released.
  3. UltraBass was not freeware.
  4. TX4000 was never released.
  5. TB2000 was never released.
  6. TX300 was never released.
  7. TB100 and TB200 (Freebass) were the only freeware and both emulations of a TB-303 (if I recall correctly). But very bad (if I recall correctly, once more) and that's probably why both are quasi-impossible to find.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

789 pages, aren't you people wasting your time? Frankly, most of that stuff is outdated and mediocre at best :? It has been forgotten for a reason...

fluffy_little_something wrote:789 pages, aren't you people wasting your time? Frankly, most of that stuff is outdated and mediocre at best :? It has been forgotten for a reason...
Someone finally said what I've been thinking. :dog:

Return to “Instruments”