install drum trigger

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i would like to install drum trigger under osx on my intel mac ..but it doesnt work..if i copy the files out of the dmg folder into my vst folder the plug in will not be found in the list..what do i do wrong..answer would be nice ..

kind regards carsten

Hi Cartsen,
currently, KTDT will not work on the newer Intel-based Macs.
From my site: "I currently don't own a Mac myself, but if I receive enough donations to buy half of a Mac Mini, I'll pay for the other half and invest some spare time and efforts to make the VST Universal Binary versions happen."

Hey Koen, I have been using the Drum Trigger quite often lately,and I am a very happy with the results, I guess I should be in line for a donation :scared: :wink: but one thing that I notice is the Midi converted note seems to be just a hair delayed compared to the Audio track.. IN truth the delay is nothing to be worried about,although it is consistant.. I usually move the entire midi track up a pinch and everything is fine..

Im just letting you know this, no complaints!! BTW IM using Cubase SX 2...
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

@Killvehicle: Could you please measure the time delay (in milliseconds) you seem to experience? The way I check is to setup a track with only a couple of clear snare drums, setup KTDT so it triggers, record that on a MIDI, and then zoom in around the onsets of the snares and measure the difference between the starts of them and the recorded MIDI note. When I do that, I only get about 0.5 ms or something like that (just the fraction of time that it takes for the signal envelope to rise above the threshold level set in KTDT). The plugin reports its latency to the host and so works with plugin delay compensation (PDC) (latency depends on velocity scan time and is compensated for).
Are you experiencing bigger delays? Can you check if it changes when you change the velocity scan time (should not make a difference in Cubase, since it supports PDC)?

No the delays are very small, so really I may be making a little deal over nothing.. BUt if I decide to layer ,say, a sampled snare OVER the original snare, I usually have to compensate the very small difference between the 2..

I will work with the Velocity scan time to see if this makes a difference,, otherwise great plug.. I couldnt live without it, and really this tiny delay doesnt affect me negativly at all.. The plug in is very consistant, so its NOT like a get a delay on 1 hit and not on another.. They all have approximately the same delay and in turn is very simple to align all of them perfectly... Thanks..
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

just saw that there was answer to my thread..thanx koen..i wrote an email to u just 2 hours ago...the thing with the delay might be a bit problematic if your live and on stage , but for me at home it doesnt mean anything...i just mark all midi notes and snap with the first note to the grid..its a good way in more than 90%..just if u have a beat where the first kick is not equal to the 1 hit of the bar u have to search a bit for the starting point of the beat..sorry for my poor english..hope u understood what i mean ...

kind regards
carsten

tengotiempo wrote:the thing with the delay might be a bit problematic if your live and on stage , but for me at home it doesnt mean anything...i just mark all midi notes and snap with the first note to the grid..
Sure, but the thing that bothers me a bit is that all of this should not be necessary, as the delay is compensated for using Plugin Delay Compensation (of course only possible in non-live situations AND if your supports PDC).

So I'd really like to know which hosts you guys are using and what delays you are experiencing (in milliseconds).
As I said, when I tried this in Cubase version SX2, SX3 and 4, it's always less than 1 ms (just the time for the envelope to rise above the threshold, can't do much about that... unless I add the possibility to add a fixed delay compensation set by the user... which will again only work if your host supports PDC)

Return to “Smart Electronix”