list of osx universal binary supportive smart electronix plu

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just for the record
Does anyone have a complete list of osx universal binary supportive smart electronix apps?

And wich ones are in the making?

anyone

If you go to MACmusic, you can filter out anything that isn't UB in thier search filters. As for stuff that is in the pipeline, who knows? I know Native Instruments software should have gone universal by this Christmas, and that's a lot of software (Reacktor, Battery 2 etc). IZotope stuff (Trash, iDrum etc) have gone UB as well as most the LinPlug range (Albino, Blue, CronoX, DaOrgan, Alpha etc), not to mention Audiorealism's 'Bassline' and 'Pro' units. Also, check out Analog Factory for a phat acid moog modulator (etc) emulations.

No cyanide yet though :(

porting smartelectronix plugs to UB seems to be a low priority. this is really a shame as they are the rockinest plugs around. NyquistEQ takes my alltime free plug award, i would love to be using it every day and all the other grrovey effects too.

I dont see any ref to UB on the smartelectronix site its not easily searchable. everyones moving on in thier own way but its a shame not to be able to take these fantastic plugs with us too.
f*ck on!

Yeah to bad, ive heard from some programmer dudes, that reprogramming an app to UBformat, is realy hard.

.. i'm fed up with all these apple-transitions .. :x

so are the coders...
f*ck on!

in my case: .. os9 -> osX .. vst -> au .. ppc -> ub

and all that within a few years.
what's next?

IF i could benefit from that so-called "progress" i'd maybe understand it. but still, vst's on a pc can do everything a mac plugin can do. so what?

putte

its not about us, its about them! market control / cracks control etc. everyone had a firing music system in os9....some people still have!
f*ck on!

.. its not that i dislike all the changes. infact, osX feels quite well.
though, on the audio-side of things my experiences since being on osX are, all in all, worse compared to the times being on os9.
these plugin-transitions alone i mentioned above were/are terrible. and once you think you got your set-up right they say "okay, and now get that new fast mac and wait for all the devs to port their stuff" .. again and again. grrr ..

putte

yup. makes me curious about linux. not that that would spring up a world of facilities but politically i like the idea.
f*ck on!

If anyone checks this thread PLEASE PLEAE PLEASE make Geometer Universal Binary.

electrik noize wrote:If anyone checks this thread PLEASE PLEAE PLEASE make Geometer Universal Binary.
I run geometer fine in Logic 7.2.3 on my intel MacPro.
http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/audiounits.html

How about Ambience? If it even came in UB AU format with a GUI, it would be perfect!

Return to “Smart Electronix”