How many Behringer Synths should one buy?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

How many Behringer synths should one own?

None: Behringer Synths, 100% B.S.
18%
1-5: You should demonstrate moderate self control and limit yourself thusly
32%
6-20: Behringer is cheap as chips, make moar music with moar stuff!
18%
All of them: You aren't a true fan if you don't buy at least one of everything, get to spendin!
14%
Go Fish
17%

Total votes: 77

RELATED
PRODUCTS

They could have more than my money if they did it with an IR3109.

Behringer should offer synth bundles, the way many software developers offer effects or instrument bundles. I'd think that a discounted price to buy a TD-3/RD-9/RD-8 bundle would be a pretty hot seller. They could call it the TRRDD bundle... ok, maybe not that name, but you catch my drift :hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Just discussing this a few weeks ago and if by magic there's now an accurate emulation of the Roland Alpha Juno:

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-pha
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:31 pm Just discussing this a few weeks ago and if by magic there's now an accurate emulation of the Roland Alpha Juno:

Just saying, you're way off topic in this thread. This is an unapologetic hardware thread. Wimpy plugins are definitely not welcome. Especially so if it's a wimpy plugin based on wimpy hardware!

I've decided to buy a second Pro-800. I'm on the fence about whether or not I want a second Solina, maybe.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:04 pm
egbert101 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:31 pm Just discussing this a few weeks ago and if by magic there's now an accurate emulation of the Roland Alpha Juno:

Just saying, you're way off topic in this thread. This is an unapologetic hardware thread. Wimpy plugins are definitely not welcome. Especially so if it's a wimpy plugin based on wimpy hardware!

I'm decided to buy a second Pro-800. I'm on the fence about whether or not I want a second Solina, maybe.
<list your stupid gear here>

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:04 pm Just saying, you're way off topic in this thread. This is an unapologetic hardware thread. Wimpy plugins are definitely not welcome. Especially so if it's a wimpy plugin based on wimpy hardware!
Yeah, but imagine controlling it with all of the keyboard’s awesome knobs and sliders…wait a second…

all of them. buy now :?
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Nug Wrangler wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:46 pm all of them. buy now :?
Minnimum 2 of each is the right answer :hihi:
Atleast when it comes to the Pro 800 which is a awesome poly for the Money :tu:
If the Polysource is just as good i might need 2 of those too and i am waiting for my Kobol Expander to arrive someday next week :hyper:

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:12 pm Minnimum 2 of each is the right answer :hihi:
:D
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:12 pmAtleast when it comes to the Pro 800 which is a awesome poly for the Money :tu:
If the Polysource is just as good i might need 2 of those too and i am waiting for my Kobol Expander to arrive someday next week :hyper:
I would love to own a Polysource aswell. :)

Nug Wrangler wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:19 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:12 pm Minnimum 2 of each is the right answer :hihi:
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:12 pmAtleast when it comes to the Pro 800 which is a awesome poly for the Money :tu:
Same here :)
It looks like a Early 2000 Synthedit plugin so full retro vibe there + i am sure it will sound awesome :tu:

I Hope they change the screen to white or blue to match the look since a red screen will look very ugly on that layout.

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:29 pm
It looks like a Early 2000 Synthedit plugin so full retro vibe there + i am sure it will sound awesome :tu:

I Hope they change the screen to white or blue to match the look since a red screen will look very ugly on that layout.
It kinda does yes. A white or blue screen would look better i agree.

Nug Wrangler wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:42 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:29 pm

It kinda does yes. A white or blue screen would look better i agree.
Definitely blue, also, you must have two. The Solinas are on backorder, so I can't get a second one right now. There's someone on reverb trying to sell one for $450. I guess I don't really get reverb.

I thought about the Solina, but figured if I want old-school shitty strings then it makes more sense to go for the VP vocoder thingy. That way I'd get (slightly more limited) strings plus old-school shitty vox and the huge bonus of a vocoder. Still on the fence on whether that's just pure unadulterated toy lust or not, as I'm not sure how much I'd really use it. Not much, I suspect. My urge to make covers of Oxygene and Shine On have left me.

kritikon wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:38 am I thought about the Solina, but figured if I want old-school shitty strings then it makes more sense to go for the VP vocoder thingy. That way I'd get (slightly more limited) strings plus old-school shitty vox and the huge bonus of a vocoder. Still on the fence on whether that's just pure unadulterated toy lust or not, as I'm not sure how much I'd really use it. Not much, I suspect. My urge to make covers of Oxygene and Shine On have left me.
There's something about it though. I like it in hardware and fitting in Eurorack/3U is a big part of the win for me. The second one would be for stereo. I just don't know if it's worth it, yet. I'll record it twice and see where it takes me. There's probably a better use of $300. The second Pro-800 though is a done deal.

Fortunately, I'm in the position now where I could buy lots of toys but oddly I'm restraining myself. Dunno what's stopping me having a shopping spree. I'm def going to get UBXa when it arrives down under, and probably the Jupiter, whenever that is. One of those triple stands for Behringer desktops and that's probably it.

But obvs I reserve the right to completely change my mind if something is shiney enough and lights up like a Christmas tree :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”