Valhalla news...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Christmas present!

metalifuxx wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:52 pm VintageVerb 4.0 update 2 new modes 1979 Chamber and 1984 Hall

https://valhalladsp.com/2023/12/13/valh ... d-hall1984
:shock: :o

I still didn't manage to get over Palace (i.e. V3) - it's just sooo good! :hail:

When I get home from work I'll try these on my new Nymphes I received the other day.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

:party:
Thanks, Valhalla 8)

Awesome. Chamber1979 sounds especially good to me, but playing with it made me realize I haven't used Palace nearly enough...

Woohoo, early Christmas gifts!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Woohoo! Holidaying in the tropics currently, so I can't check them out until next week, but I know they're going to be good. Amiright in thinking 1984 Hall is going to be a PCM80 hall? :hyper: :party:

The Model 200 was released in '84.

Really liking 1984 hall, super lush. That and palace will compliment each other well.

egbert wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:43 pm The stream of improvements to the delay and verbs over the years have been very much appreciated. In the sax demo above, it is notable that when the warp parameter is moved during playback there is no glitching - just smooth alterations of pitch etc. I guess this reflects both the plugin progamming and the amount of CPU on tap but it is impressive to hear the real-time changes handled so smoothly.
I am a Valhalla zealot, but there is often audible noise when changing Size parameter on most if not all of their 'verbs.

Fantastic new modes in VVV!

kritikon wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:00 amHolidaying in the tropics currently,
:mad: :tantrum: :bang:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Wow! Spell generosity! Thank you Sean! The new modes sound so good with short times.

VintageVerb Is Like A Vintage Wine. It Keeps Improving With Age.

ValhallaVintageVerb was first released in December 2012, with eight reverb modes. We have continually updated VintageVerb since that time, adding fourteen new reverb modes, new GUI color schemes, new plugin formats, and compatibility for M1/M2/M3 Macs. 2023 has seen the introduction of three new reverb modes: Palace in January, and Chamber1979 and Hall1984 today, for a grand total of 22 reverb modes! I feel like these new reverb algorithms are the best ones yet in ValhallaVintageVerb. These new modes combine vintage sonics with modern updates, with the results being highly flexible reverbs that work for all styles of music.

Couldn't have said it better. Hence the copy and paste from their website. :-)

Gosh! I didn't come around yet to test it on Nymphes (as I mentioned to have planned yesterday) but now tried it on drums
and absolutely hated both algorithms, especially the chamber... :shock:

then I tried them on guitar and absolutely loved both, especially the hall. :love:

edit: tried it on another song now - I really love the hall on vocals too... I guess the chamber isn't really my thing, but then again I tend to hate chambers with a passion on almost anything anyway, so...

The chamber on electric is so good though! :hail:

Does anyone have a rough list of what each of the vintage algorithms are inspired by vintage reverb units? 22 Algorithms are as follows: Concert Hall, Bright Hall, Plate, Room, Chamber, Random Space, Chorus Space, Ambience, Sanctuary, Dirty Hall, Dirty Plate, Smooth Plate, Smooth Room, Smooth Random, Nonlin, Chaotic Chamber, Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Neutral, Cathedral, Palace, Chamber1979, Hall1984.
<list your stupid gear here>

Nope... not all of them are acrually inspired by vintage reverb units to begin with afaik - and some are kind of a mixture... (e.g. the nonlinear by both Lexicon and AMS)

Return to “Effects”