Hive 2.X Feature Requests

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:26 pm I like the idea. I did think we had that with a preset called "initialise.h2p", but apparently that wasn't implemented yet. I think we'll make a ticket for this and have a look at the options one day. Can't say when.
Awesome! Also, please consider sidechain invert for the mod matrix.

I think chef Howard Scarr should write another of his cookbooks for Hive :love:
MuLab of course :D

reppinghades wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:36 pm ... sidechain invert for the mod matrix.
Not sure what that might be, can you explain?

Viktor

Sometimes I would like to mix in a bit of Filter 1 with filter 2. There is an input on Filter 2 from Filter 1, but no means of setting the level. A hidden mod target for Filter 1 -> Filter 2 level would sometimes be handy! :tu:

Viktor [TUC] wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:38 pm
reppinghades wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:36 pm ... sidechain invert for the mod matrix.
Not sure what that might be, can you explain?

Viktor
For example, When you modulate the filter with an LFO as primary source and gate as secondary source, the lfo stops modulating the filter once you let go of the key and with the invert button enabled with same primary and secondary source, the LFO will modulate the filter only when you unpress the key.

reppinghades wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:06 pm ... the LFO will modulate the filter only when you unpress the key.
I see!
You can already do that, but you need an extra slot. Just have 'Gate' turn down the LFOs modulation amount to zero, and then when you release the key, the mod amount will go back up.

See attached image.

Viktor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Viktor [TUC] wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:34 pm
reppinghades wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:06 pm ... the LFO will modulate the filter only when you unpress the key.
I see!
You can already do that, but you need an extra slot. Just have 'Gate' turn down the LFOs modulation amount to zero, and then when you release the key, the mod amount will go back up.

See attached image.

Viktor
Tried it and that works for me. Thanks!

Maybe in the future update, a toggle button next to the secondary source to invert how the secondary source affects the primary would be a good improvement. I'm thinking of something similar to how OG massive does it.

Image Image

Here, depending on whether the arrow is pointing up or down, the LFO would rise from zero to full effect and back to zero or from full effect to zero and back to full effect. Just a suggestion!

I would like to see a better delay and reverb. It has to do with the level/output settings. It is difficult to get a normal balance between the dry and wet of a sound. Diva seems to be able to avoid this problem by having other settings that allow for a better mix between the dry and wet settings. Put the complete Diva delay and plate effects into Hive and then trash the current ones.

I have heard from another user that Hive uses the same effects as Diva, but I don't think they have the same settings and the differences are obvious.

They are the same effects, but Hive has some tweaks for easier usage.

Now that you mention it, IIRC the mix/volume controls in Hive do differ from those in Diva - because of feature requests. People wanted more control over quiet mixes of reverb and delay. So the main difference here is just how the knob is scaled. One simply has to move the knob further right to get the same mix as in Diva.

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:47 am Now that you mention it, IIRC the mix/volume controls in Hive do differ from those in Diva - because of feature requests. People wanted more control over quiet mixes of reverb and delay. So the main difference here is just how the knob is scaled. One simply has to move the knob further right to get the same mix as in Diva.
Thanks for replying. I was aware of that option. The only difference then becomes that the output level diminishes equal to the degree that you turn to the right. In Diva that outcome is avoidable using it's dry knob with the side and center volume settings. So in my Hive "get your wish" wet dream. I see those three knobs being implemented within the delay section somehow.
In the plate/reverb section. It is having separate knobs for the dry and wet, rather than the one knob in Hive which seems to allow for reaching a better mix of the effect.

If I were to turn off the effects in a Diva sound, the output level stays almost the same.
If I do it in Hive it would then have a much louder output level due to the effects mix knob which lowers the overall output as it is turned more to the right which increases the effects into the mix, but then requires me to also increase the main volume/output knob, so to make up for that level loss.

I'm only nit picking Urs, and I really love all your synthesizers. I own almost all of the Uhe products, and have never sold one of them since my purchases for that reason. The only thing is, is that I noticed some difference, mostly from the mix knob of the Hive delay and reverb, which seems to annoy me from my above mentioned perspective. This annoyance does not occur in my experiences with Diva's reverb/delay.
Thanks for your replay, and please excuse my long post.

liquidsound wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:14 pm I think chef Howard Scarr should write another of his cookbooks for Hive :love:
+1
This would be so awesome!

I would love some simple FM, Filter Drive, a Formant Filter, more Distortion Algorithms and a Multiband Compressor/Expander.

I can't help but I still wish I could have 2 simple LFOs in addition. Maybe switchable with the function generators.

I know it does not fit to Urs concept of Hive. I know that you can use the Vibrato LFO but it's limited compared to an LFO. I know that you can create some kind of LFO via shapers and also smooth a trigger signal with function generators, but it's work, partly limited and and no fun when you could solve the problem with an LFO in 1 second. ;-)

The mod-matrix can only change the shape of the LFO not the timing (afaik). What I like about LFOs is that you have different timings that is not based on a fixed clock they can create smooth changes over time and they are super easy to setup.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:34 pm I know that you can create some kind of LFO via shapers
What's wrong with using the Shapers as LFO's?

Return to “u-he”