The Thesys Feature Request Thread

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My votes:

- Groove sequencer (shifting forward or back of individual notes).

- Drum step sequencer mode (something like FruityLoops).

- Glide setting for modulation sequencers.

THANKS!!!

One from me:

- Would love if You could expose the different random buttons so it would be possible to use automation to get another permutation.

Not that usable for everyone maybe but for some quick spicing it's great.

Midi learn with feedback or an option to select midi message type (Absolute, relative...)

a Thesys Launchpad map to control all parameters like the pitch / velocity/ gate sequencer/ Performance etc... for 32 steps
the vol button for the pitch sequencer the pan for the velo send A for gate and so on

is that possible ?
hi how R u ?

+1
multisca wrote:Hey

For a Better Global Live Recording mode :
- REC Velocity level during playing
- Record note by length (different notes'sizes) and not only by "quantification".
- Can Record between +/-3 octaves
- Better scrolling between patterns(or remove issue) during Recording Live/REC/Global
- 32 STEP (or 64) in PATTERN SEQUENCER (to REC a complete song in 1 time)
Also I would suggest a new way of recording step, where the notes would be recorded by the time they are pressed, other than that normally applied step sequencer.

Downloaded the demo... I can't believe how no one's posted here since 2012!

Please allow for the ability to:

LOCK certain parts of the sequencer when randomizing globally. Such as, the PITCH part, and MODULATION part. Then, when randomizing globally, you'll have the STEPS/VELOCITY randomize, but not the pitch and mod.

Have the STEPS/VELOCITY randomize (active/inactive steps) when randomizing WITHOUT GLOBAL RANDOMIZE. When you randomize the VELOCITY/STEPS alone, the inactive/active steps do not change at all.. only the velocity does! It would be great to be able to randomize the active/inactive steps or at least have an option to set either/or (velocity OR active steps).

I agree with a previous person who said sus2 and sus4 chords... YES can we please have those? Diminished and augmented chords are often useless in electronic music. Most common: sus2, sus4, major7, major9, and simple perfect 5th intervals.

Any plans on a Thesys update with any of these user requests? Thanks so much!

I may have missed it if someone mentioned this previously, and even possible I'm overlooking something, but is there a 'restart' option for triggering? If I hit the same note twice, it stops the sequence - I realize that this is a common approach but it does not work for me in the least - many products have the option of 'restart pattern on note input' as opposed to note-in starts, then next same-note-in stops, the pattern. I run multiple sequencers/arpeggiators/drum sequencers concurrently and I often want to input the same note more than once (I'm a live player). All the devices restart except Thesys and it leaves a hole in the toon. A 'loop-x-times' control would also be a great addition.

Hi Protocol_b,

it sounds like the Trigger Mode of Thesys is set to 'Note Toggle', which toggles (starts and stops) Thesys with any incoming MIDI note. Which means the first note starts the sequencer and the next incoming note stops it.
So maybe first make sure to use the 'Note On' mode from the three-state toggle switch in the Thesys settings. Then it should trigger (start) Thesys as soon as a note is played and continues to play as long as the note is held. Whenever you press a new note, the sequencer will reset but please not that if you play legato, this is not counted as a new incoming note.

Additionally, in Thesys there is a Retrigger Action button to be found in the Action Section and which responses to MIDI note G#2 (or can also be MIDI learned) to retrigger all the sequencers at once. Retrigger forces all the sequencers back to their first step while maintaining the step speed.
When you release Retrigger, the sequences continue where they would have been if they had not been retriggered. This behavior is similar to that of the Looper Action.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”